Giants won't win with soft Perry Fewell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants won't win with soft Perry Fewell

if tim lewis... i mean bill sherridan... i mean perry fewell calls another 3-man rush on 3 & long, im guna drive my car off a cliff. all season long he keeps doing THE SAME THING over and over and all it has gotten us is one of the worst giant defenses in our teams history. the players we have are way to good to be wasting away with perry fewell calling such a soft defense. we need to blitz and be aggressive. not sit back in zone and give qb's (vince young) all day to throw. bring spagnuolo and that scary defensive system back. we still have a lot of the defense we won the superbowl with, if not better players now.

if you blitz and get to the qb in 3 seconds, how far can a WR honestly run in 3 seconds with a corner bumping him?

Re: Giants won't win with soft Perry Fewell

No worries. Spags will be out in St. Louis and back where he belongs next season. Fewell is too chicken **** to run this defense effectively.

Comment

its so sad though. how can tom coughlin sit there and watch tape of our defense week after week and continue to let perry fewell call these 3 man rush zones. at some point somebody has to say, "THIS IS NOT WORKING!" "IT'S KILLING US!". fewell is too scared to even TRY. i guess he feels better saying, "well
      we had 8 db's covering when he scored", instead of saying they just
      beat our blitz

when you do the same thing over and over and it doesnt work, try the opposite?

Comment

It's the whole team today.

Comment

with all the nasty players we have on defense, how has perry fewell managed to set milestones for so many "worst in giants team history" categories?

Comment

It's sad he has more talented players compare to Sheriden......

Comment

its doesnt matter who you have when all you do is rush 3 down linemen and drop everyone else back in zone coverage. any half twit NFL qb (like vince young) will eat a zone D alive. vince young hadnt played in over a year and instead of making him uneasy and feel rushed / out of rhythm, we gave him all the time in the world to settle back into a groove. all we had to do was blitz him and he woulda been running around like a chicken with his head cut off.

Comment

We need Spags. Fewell sucks sucks sucks

Comment

Well....SB46 says different

Comment

Really? There wasn't enough of the "bring back the old post to make a smartass comment about how they were wrong" posts, we had to drum up another one? Is there really nothing else to talk about besides bringing up the past? We just won a superbowl!

Comment

*yawn* looks light our weekly old thread bump is right on schedule
                      "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

Comment

[quote user="jparmer"]Really? There wasn't enough of the "bring back the old post to make a smartass comment about how they were wrong" posts, we had to drum up another one? Is there really nothing else to talk about besides bringing up the past? We just won a superbowl![/quote]

Yeah I know, I saw this thread and was like WTF?

Comment

I'm stunned by this post.Don't get me wrong,there was a point this year we saw defensive play that was downright embarassing.But 3 man rushes on 3rd and long?You must've watched a different team.This defense lives by the 4 man Dline rush getting pressure.Not gimmicks.It wasn't until we could put 4 healthy DE rushers on the field at the same time that our D turned it around.We live or die by the 4 man rush.We died until the 4 men were some combination of JPP,Tuck,Osi,Tollifson and Kiwi.Judge Fewell by what happened when we got healthy.We're not a blitzing defense.A blitzing Defense has to be able to single cover,like the Jet's secondary.We are a front 4 pass rush dependent defense.Sure,we occasionally blitz but that isn't our identity.I didn't see 3 man rushes.I saw 4 man rushes without Osi or a healthy Tuck,with Boley,an natural outside LB blitzing threat playing MLB not getting pressure.And we got torched alot.When we got healthy,brought Blackburn back at mlb,Boley moved outside again and made plays again.Once healthy,Fewells defense shut out Atlanta and shut down GB,SF and NE.We're not an agressive blitzing defense.By design.Your original post shows a complete lack of understanding of the Giants defensive philosophy.Sorry to be so blunt but even at our worst this year it wasn't because we rushed 3.We didn't get front 4 pressure and couldn't cover and blew coverages to boot.Fewell did a great job once we got healthy.And Gilbride was a great O coordinater.Geez,coordinaters never get props,even after winning it all.

Comment

Sorry,didn't realize the original post was from dec.I assume you no longer feel this way.Do you?

Comment

[quote user="pica01"]Sorry,didn't realize the original post was from dec.I assume you no longer feel this way.Do you?[/quote]On these boards, you never can be sure lol!
                              No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Working...
                              X