Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So who thinks we're a good team again after beating the 0-4 browns who are now 0-5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    What does the ravens and eagles game have to do with how the browns played today?

I was replying to an earlier poster who was trying to justify the browns being good by stating they played the eagles and ravens close. the point of this thread is not to bash the team or say they arent good. Im going with the "wait and see approach". After the panthers game everyone was all up and celebrating how good we were. that quickly changed the following week. We cant possibly know how good we are right now by evaluating how we played verses the browns. The browns have been consistently a bad team for a while now. And today we went into the game playing them at 0-4.

They are not a good team. Next week is the true test. Surely you can understand where i am coming from.

The Browns played pretty well today I thought. I take every win as a positive, no asterisk event.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

49ers beat a bad Jets team, everyone says they're great, we beat a bad Browns team, people are still doubting? Last I checked we're the world champs, not them. We beat em in the NFCCG & almost beat em in the regular season game last yr. So why is everyone acting like they are gonna kill us next week?

If not for some stupid plays & calls last week, we beat the Eagles & are 4-1. We have played the 1st 5 games of the yr once again riddled by injuries to key players. We have yet to play a game with all our starters healthy. Our backups have come in & performed great. We have great depth at many key positions. We will be in the thick of the playoff hunt & if we can just get everyone healthy by Dec, I really like our chances at repeating!

Comment

I take every win as a positive
        me too. I just cant evaluate how good we are based on todays play.
        Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
          I already thought the Giants were a good team......
          cant say the same for everyone based on the threads i was reading all week on here.
          Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Comment

I didn't see a 0-4 Browns team at kick off, I saw a desperate Browns team going up against the defending champs with nothing to lose! I thought the Browns was going to throw the kitchen sink at the champs and they did, and fought hard for four quarters.

That's the game I saw! So yes, we are a damn good team. Now bring on the 49ers!!!
            MANNING TO CRUZ....

Comment

You know reading the title of the thread did make me think they the Giants have beaten teams that are a combined 2-12.

Comment

The Giants have been a good team for the past several years. The problem with them has always been trying to get a solid read on them, which I have not been able to do in recent years. They are an enigma in the sense that you never know which team will show up in any given week. Very inconsistent in many ways. Today was a great win, but by no means should anyone judge this team by beating the lowly Browns. It just wouldn't be an honest, fair assessment.

I will say that after what I've seen of this defense and Oline in the last 2 games, the Niners are going to eat this team alive. Prepare for the worst
                The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post
                  The Giants have been a good team for the past several years. The problem with them has always been trying to get a solid read on them, which I have not been able to do in recent years. They are an enigma in the sense that you never know which team will show up in any given week. Very inconsistent in many ways. Today was a great win, but by no means should anyone judge this team by beating the lowly Browns. It just wouldn't be an honest, fair assessment. I will say that after what I've seen of this defense and Oline in the last 2 games, the Niners are going to eat this team alive. Prepare for the worst
                  Unfortunately I have to agree with your last statement. The 49ers look far better than the Giants right now. Their defense is dominant and their OL is huge. If the DL was pushed around today expect it to be worse next week because that OL is huge. I hope they get Bernard, KP, and Hosely back for next week. Nicks would be nice but has missed a lot of time and I'm not sure how healthy he will really be.

Comment

Geez people, have some confidence in the G-men. We have Eli & as long as the score is not 30-7, I always have confidence that he can win the game. We are just as good as the 9ers. They've beaten 4 teams with 2-3 or 2-2 records. The Jets & Bills are extremely bad teams. 9ers have the 30th ranked passing attack, so we just have to slow down their running game & force Smith to beat us thru the air. We will most likely have to beat em via the passing attack & I'll take Eli over Smith any day! We will be the 1st really good team they face all yr & the same for us. Whomever can win the battle of the trenches & the TO battle, wins the game.

Comment

A good team "again"?? Were we a bad team after the Eagles loss???

Comment

Considering our injury list I think it was a good win, especially when you consider how easy it would have been after the events of the 1st quarter for the players to sandbag it and use the injuries as the excuse.
                        sigpic

Comment

im happy with the win. Im happy with the eagles and redskins losing.

I just cant evaluate anything until we play next week.
                          This is how I feel.. So happy to see the eagles lose. The Giants D line can get better.

Comment

Lol i made this thread because i know the hype is going to come out. OH bradshaw had 200 yards cruz had 3 tds!! the offensive line was GREAT!! STEVIE BROWNS 2 PICKS, this team will be rolling once the D line steps up. WOOT!!....

Im not saying this team is bad. all im saying is.

We played the browns
                            'we played the Browns", "we played the Browns", "we played the Browns"... that is starting to get annoying. If we lost to the Browns I bet you would be all over this team. If Bradshaw had 60 yards rushing you would be crushing him. Just enjoy the win cause it does count. If we beat the 49ers next that doesn't mean anything still cause we could still loose to them later. You can't tell if a team is good or bad until the season is over if we use your logic.
                            Last edited by Eliscruzzz; 10-07-2012, 10:06 PM.
                            sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by Parademon View Post
                              Geez people, have some confidence in the G-men.
                              For me, it's less about the confidence I have in the Giants and more about the respect I have for the 49ers team. Other than possibly the Texans, you'd be hard pressed to find a more talented roster in the NFL. The key to winning that game will be establishing an early lead and taking the 49ers out of their element like the Vikings did.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                                The Browns played pretty well today I thought. I take every win as a positive, no asterisk event.
                                awesome post the guy already wants to move on from the win but if we lost everyone would be blasting them for the whole week. I think it's laughable to that people are saying if we come out flat next week the 49ers are going to kill us. WE HAVE ELI and I believe no matter who we are playing we can come back. The 49ers have to play us too.
                                sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Comment

Working...
                                X