Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacement refs are as good as the so called regular Refs. No big change, Happy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Replacement refs are as good as the so called regular Refs. No big change, Happy?

    There isn't a big difference b/w the 2. Except the real ones get paid more to blow calls. We can be thankful for playing the browns. Otherwise it could have been different.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul



    Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

  • #2
    These refs are terrible. They were terrible last year and they aren't getting any better. And it seems like its always against us.

    Comment


    • #3
      There is definately a big change, however i knew the old refs would still miss a lot of calls. But trust me, if the replacement guys were out there, we wouldnt have gotten any pass interference calls early on. im at least thankful for those
      Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

      ~Big Mike~

      Comment


      • #4
        There were some bad calls in this game like the non-chop block penalty on bradshaw or the no PI call on a double arm bar that caused Victor Cruz to lose the ball for the INT. In the end, the win was there and that's what matters.

        Comment


        • #5
          It isn't even close - these guys are ten times better - yes they missed two PI's one led to a pick - but the replacements were terrifying - gmen lucky they never blew too much in our games, but don't make that competency a league wide thing - cause it was not.

          Comment


          • #6
            yup, gotta looke to the bright side. The replacement refs might have given Weeden that TD pass after he caught his own first pass off a deflection. lol

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
              These refs are terrible. They were terrible last year and they aren't getting any better. And it seems like its always against us.
              They have been getting worse every year. At least the replacements wanted to do well and had a drive for it.

              Just look at that blown call in the SB in a big spot on wilford that the refs had to ask if he made a mistake and then laughed about it. WTF are you throwing a flag if you arent certain? Though you have too actually see it occur to throw it, not assume it.
              Peace,
              DragonSoul



              Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

              Comment


              • #8
                Sorry if you really think the replacement refs are better your just not seeing the game.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Marvelousmik View Post
                  There is definately a big change, however i knew the old refs would still miss a lot of calls. But trust me, if the replacement guys were out there, we wouldnt have gotten any pass interference calls early on. im at least thankful for those
                  Thing is, the replacements had a chance to be there when being skipped over and they wanted to do well and learn. As for many of them it was a dream. While the old refs are how old now on average? Sure there may have been some more blown calls early, but like anything they would have gotten better if they so desired. Besides a few regular refs, many of them suck. I like Ed Hoculli and Mike Cary, and they have made mistakes, but its rare and they get a pass as no one is perfect, but most others suck.

                  Did you see the NFL show this past week with the replacement refs? Very good spot if you haven't seen it. A couple things they said was very surprising/shocking.
                  Peace,
                  DragonSoul



                  Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
                    There were some bad calls in this game like the non-chop block penalty on bradshaw or the no PI call on a double arm bar that caused Victor Cruz to lose the ball for the INT. In the end, the win was there and that's what matters.
                    the chop block call didnt really bother me even though it was incorrect because the refs may have had a bad angle so it looked like it was. But the Cruz and Randle ones were horrible.
                    Peace,
                    DragonSoul



                    Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
                      yup, gotta looke to the bright side. The replacement refs might have given Weeden that TD pass after he caught his own first pass off a deflection. lol
                      Oh thats another thing. They called it a TD, the ref in the end zone, but the head ref realized it and explained why it wasn't. I mean really a TD call? Wow

                      Originally posted by dave56dj View Post
                      Sorry if you really think the replacement refs are better your just not seeing the game.
                      Actually you can read my reply to mik about how i feel. But im seeing the game just fine, and been paying attention to them for years, and brining it up usually a couple times a year. No one here cares generally, unless it burns us as it did vs GB, SF, and luckily not in our last SB game.. I just prefer being consistent whether we win or lose or whether it costs us a game or not.... I don't start whining about it as some do when we only lose. Or think its no biggie because we won anyway.
                      Peace,
                      DragonSoul



                      Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Nicely put, DragonSoul. These referees were abysmal today, just like some big games last year.

                        What ended up good about the lockout and made it entirely worthwhile are that the current referees are really replaceable (with some training and Division I level college refs)., and that there is a new large crew of taxi squad referees in training.

                        To me, similar to smug MLB umpires that have a "personal" strike zone, the NFL refereeing system needed a major overhaul.

                        I applaud the Commish on doing what he did and how it will benefit the NFL in the long run.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          This is the toughest game to ref in the NFL - but again if you believe that the replacements are better your missing a lot. Yep they missed two pi's today and have hurt us before and may do so again, but the replacements were a travesty and had trouble just keeping the game from being a prison breakout.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by GreenZone View Post
                            Nicely put, DragonSoul. These referees were abysmal today, just like some big games last year.

                            What ended up good about the lockout and made it entirely worthwhile are that the current referees are really replaceable (with some training and Division I level college refs)., and that there is a new large crew of taxi squad referees in training.

                            To me, similar to smug MLB umpires that have a "personal" strike zone, the NFL refereeing system needed a major overhaul.

                            I applaud the Commish on doing what he did and how it will benefit the NFL in the long run.
                            agreed. I think the refs should have been paid more so they can actually work year round on their craft and hire maybe another 1-2 refs per game. But with the way things are now, its not a big difference many cried about. Only difference was, it wasn't our team that was hurt but other teams for once. And when we have gotten screwed yearly, no one cried for our team, instead they said get up, brush the dirt off and move on. But amazingly how things changed when it happened to other teams.
                            Peace,
                            DragonSoul



                            Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by dave56dj View Post
                              This is the toughest game to ref in the NFL - but again if you believe that the replacements are better your missing a lot. Yep they missed two pi's today and have hurt us before and may do so again, but the replacements were a travesty and had trouble just keeping the game from being a prison breakout.
                              As I said, I already answered what you happened to question me about, if you didn't take the time to read it, then cant help you there.
                              Peace,
                              DragonSoul



                              Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X