Front 4 Not Getting It Done!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FIFTY6G-MAN View Post
    I would say that it would be Tuck(t) Joeseph(nt) and Osi(t). Move JPP to an inside backer with Blackburn. Keep Kiwanuka and Boley on the outside.
    Osi as a 3-4 DE? What % of the snaps would he have throughout a regular game? Do you expect him to hold up in the running game with his skillset against two possible linemen at a time?

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
      Not even at the end of the game though? Maybe get him some reps. Maybe even give one of the other guys a breather.
      They had Tracy playing at the end of the game for awhile.

Comment

It's not about keeping our guys fresh....it's not like there is any pressure during the beginning of the game either.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingTruck View Post
          It's not about keeping our guys fresh....it's not like there is any pressure during the beginning of the game either.
          True.
          Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
            That's what I'm trying to figure out. Last week, Vick pretty much got zero pressure. Meanwhile he's turning the ball over left and right when other teams play him. The Bucs put 34 on our D because Josh Freeman had all day. Meanwhile, he's playing absolutely terrible against other teams. The Carolina game is the only exception. So I'm seriously trying to figure out what the problem is.
            See rudyy, I am not that far off the mark. we just straight up bull rush with no trickery, no schemes, no tom foolery. We do nothing that make the O-line of opposing teams scared or flinch. Our D-line is a joke for the most part when they say "just block the guy in front of you", well .........thats the guy you will block cause he is coming straight in.
            "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

Comment

Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
              Osi as a 3-4 DE? What % of the snaps would he have throughout a regular game? Do you expect him to hold up in the running game with his skillset against two possible linemen at a time?
              with PF bringing a blitz with even just 1 LB a snap(change'em up) Olineman wouldnt have a clue of who to block. I think we would fair better with my scheme. By no means am I NFL caliber, but the Giants are way to predictable on O and D now.

Comment

It wold be great if the could get back a bunch of guys next week. I think Bernard was missed today. They cold also use Rivers and Hosely.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingTruck View Post
                  What do you mean no pressure at beginning of the game? just asking.

Comment

with PF bringing a blitz with even just 1 LB a snap(change'em up) Olineman wouldnt have a clue of who to block. I think we would fair better with my scheme. By no means am I NFL caliber, but the Giants are way to predictable on O and D now.
                    He's only 255lbs though. I don't see how he could make much of an impact if heavens forbid a Guard got a good block on him. Wouldn't you say that he would be better suited as a 3-4 OLB with his speed off the edge and could take advantage of bigger linemen absorbing blockers?

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                      It wold be great if the could get back a bunch of guys next week. I think Bernard was missed today. They cold also use Rivers and Hosely.
                      Not to mention Canty (though he's still on PUP through the SF game). Talk about unsung hero... I'm pretty sure that Canty is the power behind the pass rush. Tuck and Osi look so gassed and JPP is getting all the double teams.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

What do you mean no pressure at beginning of the game? just asking.
                        The defense wasn't getting pressure in the beginning, so you can't make the excuse that they were "tired", since they were already sucking at the get go, haha.
                        Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Yes I know they dont have the players for a 3-4. But in my opinion they do. move bernard to NT and JPP to Inside LB and there you have it. Just MHO.
                          Bernard at NT? No offense, but thats insane. He's not the kind of player that can eat up a C/G by himself. Teams would run right at him all day with huge success. Hypothetically, I can see JPP at ILB. He's certainly fast enough and has just the right size and power for the position.

Overall though, a 3-4 would never work for the personnel we now have, and they would NEVER attempt a switch in the middle of a season. You'd have to teach the entire defense a brand new scheme on the fly, and thats not happening.
                          The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
                            He's only 255lbs though. I don't see how he could make much of an impact if heavens forbid a Guard got a good block on him. Wouldn't you say that he would be better suited as a 3-4 OLB with his speed off the edge and could take advantage of bigger linemen absorbing blockers?
                            I really agree with you on that. So, now that I have you on board somewhat, even though not 100% I would rather Boley and Kiwanuka be on the outside for pass plays. Trust me I would love to see the Giants switch LB positions every play if not only to confuse the O line. We did it with MAJOR success with the 86 Giants! I believe that adding JPP to the LB Corps would give us a HUGE advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post
                              Bernard at NT? No offense, but thats insane. He's not the kind of player that can eat up a C/G by himself. Teams would run right at him all day with huge success. Hypothetically, I can see JPP at ILB. He's certainly fast enough and has just the right size and power for the position.

Overall though, a 3-4 would never work for the personnel we now have, and they would NEVER attempt a switch in the middle of a season. You'd have to teach the entire defense a brand new scheme on the fly, and thats not happening.
                              I dont think it is that hard to convert to a 3-4 vice a 4-3. I have done it with great success in lower leagues with almost no reprecussion changing our D look multiple times during a game. Not sure how NFL guys cant do that since our Secondary has many different shemes and adapt just fine. front 7 should be the same.

Comment

If we go into a game and the opposing team expects a 4-3 and we show a 3-4 they will go beserk. If we have the ability to change it periodically throughout the game they will be so confused they wont have a clue. Switch crap up and see what happens. they have been trained on our 4-3, they end up seeing a 3-4 and then keep switching they will be so confused we just end up killing every play cause they have no idea who to block.

Comment

Working...
                                X