Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone noticed how the DB's are getting away with holding?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Has anyone noticed how the DB's are getting away with holding?

    Yesterday I replayed the game & numerous times the Cleveland DB's were grabbing the top of the shoulder of the Giant WR's at or near the line of scrimmage & runing the entire route with a firm grasp of the jersey atop the shoulder pad. That seemed to always keep them within reach as a defender to the pass being thrown or is some cases just allowed them to bring their arm down & pull the are of the WR as or in some cases before the ball arived. Case in point the Cruz interception or fumble after the catch or what ever you want to call it.

    My question sports fans is this tactic now be allowed by the NFL & if so why don't the Giants get of zone coverage & apply the same technique to other opposing WRs?

    It appears so simple even a cave man could do it. Why not try it?

  • #2
    simple fact, the refs are completely missing the holding and PI calls..

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by EnragedYouth85 View Post
      simple fact, the refs are completely missing the holding and PI calls..
      Not so fast go back & look if you can. They were doing that on every pass play. No way the ref missed all of those. I think they were allowing it. Must have been a rule change or something.

      Comment


      • #4
        They were abusing this with the replacement refs but it looks like they weren't the only blind ones.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by jakegibbs View Post
          Not so fast go back & look if you can. They were doing that on every pass play. No way the ref missed all of those. I think they were allowing it. Must have been a rule change or something.
          Or they just suck, just not as bad as the replacement refs..

          Comment


          • #6
            Can they challange one of those no calls then?

            Originally posted by EnragedYouth85 View Post
            Or they just suck, just not as bad as the replacement refs..
            If there's a rule infraction.... case in point the 4th quarter blaytent fowl against Randle on 3rd down. Could TC challange that & at least make the refs start paying more attention?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
              They were abusing this with the replacement refs but it looks like they weren't the only blind ones.
              If the leage is turning a blind eye then why not press coverage grab & hold on & that way the pass rush could improve tremendously with the extra defenders rushing the passer then.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by jakegibbs View Post
                If the leage is turning a blind eye then why not press coverage grab & hold on & that way the pass rush could improve tremendously with the extra defenders rushing the passer then.
                Because you can't rely on it. Giants would get flagged for it.
                WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                  Because you can't rely on it. Giants would get flagged for it.
                  Going back to the Cowboy game & then again against the Eagles & yesterday same type of press coverage being played against us. Barden had a terrible time against the eagles & they never called PI until the last drive. I think the Giants D could do the same or maybe not because the CB's are not that athletic huh? Oh well JR needs to look at drafting some +6 ft athletic CB's because it looks like we're going to face that type coverage for the rest of the year because it's not being called on a regular basis. IMHO anyway but what do I know? Nothing.....hmmmm.....

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X