Tiki giving great praise to Eli

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abby Manning View Post
    It has to drive Tiki to the brink of insanity the fact that he retired, and the very next season they win the Super Bowl......maybe he should have taken Eli more seriously and not have classified him as comical....he may aways have that dumb look on his face, but believe me his wheels are always turning.
    +1

Comment

Originally posted by ashleymarie View Post
      +1
      What tiki deosnt get probably is one of the reasons we won is because he retired.
      sigpic

Comment

i like the article bc its a step in the right direction, and honestly its well written and insightful. the only qualm i guess u could say i have is that tiki was a little too quick bringing up "3 ints by eli in the first half"..."lost those first 8 games brutally" basically he was saying eli has mental toughness bc he sucked badly his first year and didnt quit...im not trying to be juvenile or stuck on the past, just my honest opinion that tiki was trying to justify his earlier criticisms of eli by bringing up some horrible times in eli's career, like he admits he was wrong but not wrong in that moment in time...

Comment

Don't care. Whoever he's working for is stupid to hire that ingrate.

Comment

Originally posted by Parademon View Post
            Say what you want about the man, he's still the greatest RB in NY Giants history!
            I think it's just this board. Giants fans that I talk to off this board do not act like a lot of these dudes on here. I think I need to retire from commenting and go back to just reading. Lots of crazies on here with some hilarious political views as well I bet.

Comment

Originally posted by BurnerNYG View Post
              I think it's just this board. Giants fans that I talk to off this board do not act like a lot of these dudes on here. I think I need to retire from commenting and go back to just reading. Lots of crazies on here with some hilarious political views as well I bet.
              don't do that we need more like you around. Too many focus now on twitter and comments over play on the field. If LT says tomorrow he thinks Simms is better than Eli. They will go off and say LT was overrated. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                don't do that we need more like you around. Too many focus now on twitter and comments over play on the field. If LT says tomorrow he thinks Simms is better than Eli. They will go off and say LT was overrated. Lol
                Lol I hear ya but I'm getting real sick and tired of all these robot followers and "I told you so" fans. Personally, I think they're all trying to become mods. I got an idea for em... go find a real job and get laid instead sitting around eating twinkies and talking about men all day.

How you gonna wish misery on somebody who gave all he had on Sunday for the Gmen just because he said something bad about Eli and Coughlin? He's not the only one who didn't think highly of SIr Eli. It's his slight goofy demeanor, hell I still laugh sometimes when he starts talking. Him and his brother look like some true to life Forrest Gump characters. Peyton's kicker was questioning his heart... the kicker.

I think a lot of these posters can relate to Eli... like something out of a Revenge Of The Nerds movie... that's why they get so offended. Tiki probably gets a good laugh out of some of these clueless saps that puts a kids game before their own kids. LMAO!!
                Last edited by BurnerNYG; 10-09-2012, 06:12 AM.

Comment

Had to edit my post several times... texting from my phone on this board is the worst.

Comment

Originally posted by Moke View Post
                    No one gives a **** Tiki.
                    Agreed. When will this turd flush?

Comment

Originally posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
                      What tiki deosnt get probably is one of the reasons we won is because he retired.
                      Great post, once again. A lot of people didn't see it, for whatever reason, but I do believe that you are 100% correct, and fortunately one of the finest GM's in the business saw it, and realized that they gave up a ton for a franchise QB, but the only way that he would be able to succeed would be if everybody got behind him and supported him. It was easy to see who the primadonnas were, and once the team was rid of a couple of the prime culprits, they started rallying behind their true leaders.

Comment

Originally posted by nygfanmaybe View Post
                        Great post, once again. A lot of people didn't see it, for whatever reason, but I do believe that you are 100% correct, and fortunately one of the finest GM's in the business saw it, and realized that they gave up a ton for a franchise QB, but the only way that he would be able to succeed would be if everybody got behind him and supported him. It was easy to see who the primadonnas were, and once the team was rid of a couple of the prime culprits, they started rallying behind their true leaders.
                        Ernie just drafted Eli because his last name was Manning... luckily for him and all of us it worked out. I personally believe our 2000-2004 roster had what it took to win a championship, they just underachieved because of coachIng. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they drafted Eli because it eventually worked out but I can understand why a lot of our players were ****y and wouldn't buy in. They thought what they had was good enough and wasn't willing to wait who knows how long for Eli to be ready.
                        Last edited by BurnerNYG; 10-09-2012, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Ernie just drafted Eli because his last name was Manning...
                          You see...this is where I believe you are absolutely, positively dead wrong. You think that any team is going to mortgage the future on "hear say" or whatever? He was scrutinized completely by all and it was his talent that made him a number one pick...definitely not his name. His name was what some might call "insurance" but it was his ability to make all the throws, perform well under pressure, and lift the game of all around him while he was on the field. It didn't take a pro scout to see that. All you had to know was a little about Ole Miss and their talent when compared to the SEC. National powerhouses like Florida, LSU, Alabama, etc. didn't just bow down when he came onto the field because of his last name. They sincerely tried to win when he played, and the fact that he was able to keep a team like Ole MIss in all of those games, and even win a few of them, was reason enough for them to put the "franchise QB" tag on him.

If you are sitting around with the belief that he was drafted because of his name alone, then you are living in a fantasy world that doesn't allow facts to interfere, IMO.
                          Last edited by GCGiant; 10-09-2012, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Must be a lot of people on this board going to the games given all the boos Tiki got at the Ring of Honor ceremony...

Comment

Originally posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
                              To his "credit", he has said in the past that Eli probably wouldn't have emerged as a leader the way he did as long as he (Tiki) was on the team.

Comment

Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
                                Tiki could discover the cure for cancer and Giants fans will rip him for not focusing on Alzheimers.
                                All Tiki has invented is a cure for being a good teammate
                                8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

Working...
                                X