Giants' Chris Canty is "absolutely" ready to return to practice next week

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants' Chris Canty is "absolutely" ready to return to practice next week

I wish we could have him for week 6. It's clear to me now that Canty brings something to our D-line that boosts those around him.

And to think I thought he was overpaid...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Thats gotta be it, cause he's the only piece missing from our DL from last seaon. But according to all of the Message Board 'experts' he was overpaid and we should switch to a 3-4 defense, get cheerleaders, etc
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

He is definitely missed, not just his ability but it also helps to have more linemen in the rotation to keep everyone fresh. With him and Rocky out, it is putting a lot more pressure on the guys remaining.
      My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Comment

Let's hope he's not headed to IR. It's been awfully quiet on the Canty front
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

I could of swore I read something a few weeks ago talking about Canty looking like he was in good shape (running or jogging)

Comment

Originally posted by ReiRiza View Post
            I could of swore I read something a few weeks ago talking about Canty looking like he was in good shape (running or jogging)
            Let's hope
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by ReiRiza View Post
              Too bad that under PUP rules he cant be reactivated until week 7. We could REAAAAALLLY use him against SF...

Comment

Canty is such an important piece....definitely needed.
                sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                  Too bad that under PUP rules he cant be reactivated until week 7. We could REAAAAALLLY use him against SF...
                  Whenever he comes back, it will be extremely helpful

Comment

That's why I'm sure the D-line will turn it around once he & Rocky Bernard come back. As long as we are healthy in the 2nd half of the season, the D-line will start getting it's share of sacks & QB pressures.

Comment

To be honest I was one of the talking heads that thought Canty was overpaid, but I'm 95% sure now that his absence is definitely felt among the rest of the D line...

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                        To be honest I was one of the talking heads that thought Canty was overpaid, but I'm 95% sure now that his absence is definitely felt among the rest of the D line...
                        The silver lining is that Marvin Austin and Marcus Kuhn are getting some invaluable playing time

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                          The silver lining is that Marvin Austin and Marcus Kuhn are getting some invaluable playing time
                          True. I really liked the upside of the Germanator, but I'd still like to see Canty on our line...

Comment

good point OP. Canty does a lot more than can be measured by # of sacks...he's just a beast of a man, he's like another JPP stature wise. Almost impossible to block that side of the DL when Canty lines up next to JPP

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                              good point OP. Canty does a lot more than can be measured by # of sacks...he's just a beast of a man, he's like another JPP stature wise. Almost impossible to block that side of the DL when Canty lines up next to JPP
                              And if you do, you leave the other side incredibly thin.

Comment

Working...
                              X