Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm worried about Nicks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I'm worried about Nicks

    There still unsure if he will play Sunday. This injury scares me because it is the type of injuy that seems like it will get better in a week or two, and then the next thing you know it's week 8 and they're putting him on the IR. Does anybody know any information on Nicks?

    Last I heard he went in for an MRI and TC neither confirmed nor denied the results.
    They said Brady and the Patriots couldn't be beat, Eli did it twice, how's that for Elite?

  • #2
    He'll play
    The Gigalo with the most below

    Comment


    • #3
      he has no structural damage to the knee. the swelling was due to not using it all week bc he was resting the corresponding foot injury and then going full bore on game day. knee wasnt ready for the impact on the turf, etc. and it swelled up.
      he prob coulda played vs the browns imo but they wanted to give him as much time to rest that foot so it can heal as much as possible. we'll know on thur. if he plays bc thats the day of the week he practices for game day while his foot is still recovering

      Comment


      • #4
        If he can play this would be a good week to show up!

        Comment


        • #5
          Nicks is a tough player, but he is missing lots of time. I think that could also become an issue. Also, I'm not sold in his knee being just swollen. I don't think he is faking anything, but maybe the team is hiding something. Bennett played with a hyperextended knee the other day. I'd argue that right now he is almost as important to tis team as Nicks is. He is a tremendous blocker which helps the run game and keeps Eli safe. Even if Nicks does suit up it may be a bit much to expect him to pick up where he left off.

          Comment


          • #6
            His practice day is Thursday, so let's wait to see what happens.
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
              Nicks is a tough player, but he is missing lots of time. I think that could also become an issue. Also, I'm not sold in his knee being just swollen. I don't think he is faking anything, but maybe the team is hiding something. Bennett played with a hyperextended knee the other day. I'd argue that right now he is almost as important to tis team as Nicks is. He is a tremendous blocker which helps the run game and keeps Eli safe. Even if Nicks does suit up it may be a bit much to expect him to pick up where he left off.
              Why would the team hide something?
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                Why would the team hide something?
                Not to let their opponent know what's going on.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I think Hakeem shows up for this battle
                  "Release the Kraken!"

                  - Dan Dierdorf, Giants vs Dolphins, 10/30/2011

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                    he has no structural damage to the knee. the swelling was due to not using it all week bc he was resting the corresponding foot injury and then going full bore on game day. knee wasnt ready for the impact on the turf, etc. and it swelled up.
                    he prob coulda played vs the browns imo but they wanted to give him as much time to rest that foot so it can heal as much as possible. we'll know on thur. if he plays bc thats the day of the week he practices for game day while his foot is still recovering
                    I dont bye that reasoning at all. I have bad knee and play Sunday morning softball once a week and my knee doesnt swell to the point of being useless and I am almost 50. There is something wrong with Nick's knee that they are waiting on. My guess would be a meniscus issue. I say he is out again for this Sunday.
                    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Nicks won't play Sunday. Even Coughlin came on WFAN today and said although Nicks is anxious to play, he is week to week. I will be extremely surprised to see him on the field Sunday, based on what I've been told.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by TuckandRolle View Post
                        Nicks won't play Sunday. Even Coughlin came on WFAN today and said although Nicks is anxious to play, he is week to week. I will be extremely surprised to see him on the field Sunday, based on what I've been told.
                        agreed....
                        Of course Nicks is anxious to play. That has no bearing on whether or not he plays. IMO....he has some meniscus issue with his knee they are keeping an eye on.
                        "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by TuckandRolle View Post
                          Nicks won't play Sunday. Even Coughlin came on WFAN today and said although Nicks is anxious to play, he is week to week. I will be extremely surprised to see him on the field Sunday, based on what I've been told.
                          What have you been told. and who told you. lol
                          Football has been very, very good to us.
                          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                          But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

                          # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

                          1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                          2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                          3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                          4-New York Giants!!!
                          5-NE
                          Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

                          ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                            Not to let their opponent know what's going on.
                            I don't think anyone will be surprised if he plays or doesn't
                            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                              I dont bye that reasoning at all. I have bad knee and play Sunday morning softball once a week and my knee doesnt swell to the point of being useless and I am almost 50. There is something wrong with Nick's knee that they are waiting on. My guess would be a meniscus issue. I say he is out again for this Sunday.
                              ok...but thats what ralph v said was going on with nicks

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X