Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kruunch's Take (Browns Game)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Our linebackers suck.

    Oh and Micheal Boley? Michael Boley? I told you guys last season he was playing out of his mind and that we shouldn't assume he'll double up. And for the people who lov Kiwi at linebacker....I didn't see him doing too much "funneling" sunday. He's as much a non-factor at backer as Tuck and Osi are at end.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

    Burier: Yes.

    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

    Burier: Yes. I promise.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
      Here's the thing about that ... deep middle route against a Tampa 2 defense are going to get the attention of:

      A) The veteran safety.

      B) The rookie 4th string safety

      It wasn't a sideline pass ... either safety had range on the middle of the field and the veteran usually is assigned the greater range if a toss up. So yeah, I say it's Rolle's fault more than the 4th string rookie's.

      But you say tomato, I say beet. Shrug.
      I got what your saying, Rolle is a veteran but when your playing cover 2, you have one side of the field and Brown has the other. Brown dropped down into a short route leaving Rolle to cover the whole deep part of the field? I don't think so.. Rolle was covering his portion, seen what was happening and tried to get over to Browns side but couldnt in time.

      Comment


      • #18
        Did Brown really have a good game? He intercepted a poorly thrown ball and picked up a fumble caused by Hill. Right place at the right time I suppose. Well except for maybe those 2 TD's.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
          Did Brown really have a good game? He intercepted a poorly thrown ball and picked up a fumble caused by Hill. Right place at the right time I suppose. Well except for maybe those 2 TD's.
          Isn't being at the right place at the right time, doing your job?

          Comment


          • #20
            I think our offensive line will hold up vs the 49ers. They kept the Eagles to 0 sacks on Eli. Part of that was on Eli's superhuman pocket presence, part of it was Bennett being kept in to block all the time (which is what we got him to do). I think we will frustrate SF's defense a lot more than people realize. Eli is the most patient QB in the NFL. He's not going to force it in a bad position if he can help it.

            It all comes down to whose defense shows up to play. Hopefully Tuck and Osi can wake up. JPP (and to some extent Linval) are the only ones on the d-line doing anything. Hopefully Hosley and Prince both play their A-game, so PF feels like he can send a blitzer from time to time.

            Also, Alex Smith may not be Michael *****, but he can still take off if you lose contain. Osi, you're on notice...

            I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
              I think our offensive line will hold up vs the 49ers. They kept the Eagles to 0 sacks on Eli. Part of that was on Eli's superhuman pocket presence, part of it was Bennett being kept in to block all the time (which is what we got him to do). I think we will frustrate SF's defense a lot more than people realize. Eli is the most patient QB in the NFL. He's not going to force it in a bad position if he can help it.

              It all comes down to whose defense shows up to play. Hopefully Tuck and Osi can wake up. JPP (and to some extent Linval) are the only ones on the d-line doing anything. Hopefully Hosley and Prince both play their A-game, so PF feels like he can send a blitzer from time to time.

              Also, Alex Smith may not be Michael *****, but he can still take off if you lose contain. Osi, you're on notice...
              Osi has been on notice all year. He complained and begged for more money and he's playing his worst football I've ever seen! I think he's gone this year. Too much money, too little effort. We have rookies and backups that can do what he's doing for 1/4 of what he's making.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by EnragedYouth85 View Post
                I got what your saying, Rolle is a veteran but when your playing cover 2, you have one side of the field and Brown has the other. Brown dropped down into a short route leaving Rolle to cover the whole deep part of the field? I don't think so.. Rolle was covering his portion, seen what was happening and tried to get over to Browns side but couldnt in time.
                It was a deep seam route. There was no "side". It was the middle of the field. Normally in that scenario either the Safeties have an understanding or it defaults to the veteran.

                Brown saying it was his fault is a nice sound bite from a guy trying to stay on the team and a stand up move ... but it wasn't his fault.

                Rolle is an excellent linebacker. Unfortunately that's not his position.
                I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                  Did Brown really have a good game? He intercepted a poorly thrown ball and picked up a fumble caused by Hill. Right place at the right time I suppose. Well except for maybe those 2 TD's.
                  That first interception he came out of nowhere for though. Pretty nice move. With limited liability he did a good job.

                  That reference to him being the next Polamalu was a joke.
                  Last edited by Kruunch; 10-09-2012, 12:17 PM.
                  I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by EnragedYouth85 View Post
                    Osi has been on notice all year. He complained and begged for more money and he's playing his worst football I've ever seen! I think he's gone this year. Too much money, too little effort. We have rookies and backups that can do what he's doing for 1/4 of what he's making.
                    Glad to know I'm not the only one hoping to see more Ojomo in the near future.
                    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                      It was a deep seam route. There was no "side". It was the middle of the field. Normally in that scenario either the Safeties have an understanding or it defaults to the veteran.

                      Brown saying it was his fault is a nice sound bite from a guy trying to stay on the team and a stand up move ... but it wasn't his fault.

                      Rolle is an excellent linebacker. Unfortunately that's not his position.
                      Well we won't know until game film, maybe Rolle was covering a deep route on his side? Broke off that to try to help out Blackburn but didn't in time.. we will never know

                      Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                      Glad to know I'm not the only one hoping to see more Ojomo in the near future.
                      Why not, he has a reason to try.. and he makes a hell of a lot less...

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                        Yes, it was a tampa 2. Blackburn was supposed to drive deep middle, Rolle responsible for the other side of the field.

                        Stevie Brown had deep responsibility for that side of the field, but had come up on a short route instead.

                        That play is solely Stevie Brown's fault
                        Yea, I saw that thinking Rolle was out of position. Stevie admited that it was his fault.
                        80

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                          It was a deep seam route. There was no "side". It was the middle of the field. Normally in that scenario either the Safeties have an understanding or it defaults to the veteran.
                          What are you talking about? the slot WR ran a corner route, the safety on the other side of the field will never get there.

                          You are wrong. That play is Brown's mistake.

                          Saying another player should be doing someone else's job instead of his own is even more incorrect.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                            What are you talking about? the slot WR ran a corner route, the safety on the other side of the field will never get there.

                            You are wrong. That play is Brown's mistake.

                            Saying another player should be doing someone else's job instead of his own is even more incorrect.
                            If it was a corner route then why was the receiver running a deep middle seam? We talking about the same play?

                            I could very well be wrong ... as I said earlier, many times the safeties talk and understand who is going to be covering the gray area of the field on a given play. I just have a hard time seeing the last guy being the 4th string rookie, when we have a "star" veteran there.
                            I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                              If it was a corner route then why was the receiver running a deep middle seam? We talking about the same play?
                              Its not a seam, he is running a corner route, he just turns up field once he clears the safety instead of continuing towards the corner. He is outside the numbers when he reaches the endzone.

                              Sorry man, but even Brown has said it was his fault. Let it go. Brown is not Polamalu, and Rolle is not at fault on this play.

                              And you know I am no Rolle homer.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                As you can see by this video, the pass is clearly on Browns side of the field. You can also see Brown way up on the short route when he should be been playing deep..

                                http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-m...don-62-yard-TD

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X