Niners' Jim Harbaugh concerned about Alex Smith's sprained finger

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
    If this is a tactic by Harbaugh to make us practice for both QB's, it's pretty pointless since we have to do that anyway. The 49ers have a few plays drawn up for Caepernick, particularly option plays. Mad respect to the physicality of their OL but a decent amount of their running yards can be attributed to trickery.
    Too bad for us that our defense is easily tricked.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      Too bad for us that our defense is easily tricked.
      We did fine against the Panthers. This defense actually seems pretty level-headed against those kinds of plays as long as it isn't a division rival. Why they let themselves fall for it against the Eagles baffles me.

Comment

We did fine against the Panthers. This defense actually seems pretty level-headed against those kinds of plays as long as it isn't a division rival. Why they let themselves fall for it against the Eagles baffles me.
        Osi is a nightmare on misdirection.

Comment

Unfortunately. This 49ers game is one where I hope we don't see too much of Osi. He doesn't really match up well with these kinds of tackles or even the run blocking TEs they feature.
          Last edited by TheEnigma; 10-09-2012, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Unfortunately. This 49ers game is one where I hope we don't see too much of Osi. He doesn't really match up well with these kinds of tackles or even the run blcoking TEs they feature.
            The only time Osi matches up with anyone is when he has only to pin his ears back and speed rush the QB. Other than that, he is a liability.

Comment

I could care less which qb plays. at this point it wont matter if Grandmom Moses is back there she will pick us apart because we get absolutely no Pressure on the quarterback.

Until we can get some type of pass rush to at least disturb Smith or whoever we will get LIT up. We have a weak secondary to start with and not getting to the QB is making it that much harder on that Depleted group
              Football has been very, very good to us.
              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
              But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
              2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
              3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
              4-New York Giants!!!
              5-NE
              Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

I think I may have dated her in high school
                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

The only time Osi matches up with anyone is when he has only to pin his ears back and speed rush the QB. Other than that, he is a liability.
                  I just don't see how he returns to the Giants next season. Some other team (Titans or Raiders) will be desperate enough to pay him a decent chunk of money to be a full-time starter. It's probably time we draft ourselves another DE early on.

Comment

I just don't see how he returns to the Giants next season. Some other team (Titans or Raiders) will be desperate enough to pay him a decent chunk of money to be a full-time starter. It's probably time we draft ourselves another DE early on.
                    He's a situational player and no longer a complete DE. (Honestly...he never really was a complete DE)
                    I think you are right about this being his last season. A team that is desperate for a pass rusher will probably overpay for him next season.
                    I think I hear Rex calling....

Comment

He's a situational player and no longer a complete DE. (Honestly...he never really was a complete DE)
                      I think you are right about this being his last season. A team that is desperate for a pass rusher will probably overpay for him next season.
                      Doesn't he actually have to rush a passer to qualify?
                      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

If Rex survives. Though odds are that they will just end up blaming Sanchez or the Oline for their lack of success. I don't see any serious contenders wanting to give him serious cash because of his current abilities and "me first" attitude. Whether you agree or not about his attitude, that seems to be the perception about Osi in public.

Doesn't he actually have to rush a passer to qualify?
                        Nothing but net on that shot RF.

Comment

Working...
                        X