Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I will consider it a success if we keep it within 20 of the Niners

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by NYGfanNC View Post
    I'm thinking it THEY'LL be lucky to keep it within 20. Giants 40 49ers 20
    My type of fan.

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by CowboysSuck View Post
      You signature is grotesque.

      The niners are a good team but lets see them do something extraordinary before we crown them league kings. 1st step: Beating the Giants (theres a big difference between beating us and us beating ourselves..I will let you know after the game)
      So, for the record, would you say there is a difference between beating the 49ers and them beating themselves, like with the two fumbles by Williams because Ginn was injured in the NFC Championship game last season? Or was that just a case of the Giants beating the 49ers, rather than the 49ers gift-wrapping the game for them?

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by 94niners View Post
        So, for the record, would you say there is a difference between beating the 49ers and them beating themselves, like with the two fumbles by Williams because Ginn was injured in the NFC Championship game last season? Or was that just a case of the Giants beating the 49ers, rather than the 49ers gift-wrapping the game for them?
        What was the score of that game and who played in it? 49ers vs 49ers? Or NYG vs the 49ers.

        If it was the latter, I believe the Giants beat the 49ers. You had plenty of opportunities to put that game away and couldn't seal the deal. Resiliency has been our strong suit. Typical response, just like Clay Matthews.

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by experto View Post
          We are clearly not in the same class right now as the Niners.The defense of the Niners flys to the ball and knocks you back;while on the other hand our d doesn't sniff the qb or stop a nose bleed.No doubt the Niners will abuse our oline and bump and run and without Nicks we stand 0 chance.With him I still dont give us much a chance.Top to bottom we are not in the Niner league right now.
          I will consider it a success if we beat the 49ers...doesn't matter by how much...

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by 94niners View Post
            So, for the record, would you say there is a difference between beating the 49ers and them beating themselves, like with the two fumbles by Williams because Ginn was injured in the NFC Championship game last season? Or was that just a case of the Giants beating the 49ers, rather than the 49ers gift-wrapping the game for them?
            You team gift wrap nothing. If he would have fumbled without contact, then that would be gift wrapping present for Giants.

            Comment


            • #96
              Is it just me or have 49ers and Packers fans quickly become the most annoying bunch of fans in all of football?

              I swear these two teams never seem to actually lose. They either 'play flat', or 'gift wrap a loss', or 'beat themselves'. But never do they truly get beaten by a better team in their minds. At least in the packers case it's semi justified since they've been a good team for the better part of the past 20 years. The 49ers have had 2 or 3 seasons even worth mentioning since the millennium and they act like they're 21st century was that of the Patriots or Giants.

              Not to mention that these morons think Alex Smith is the next coming of Joe Montana. Yeah, the same Alex Smith that only 2 years ago was booed off your own field only to have 70,000 people chant for our current backup to be put in instead.

              Alex Smith = 2009 Mark Sanchez.

              Good luck though niners. Not sure where you guys get off thinking you've actually accomplished anything in recent memory and don't have anything to prove, but in any event is pretty comical to fans of a team that actually does 'walk the walk'.

              Comment


              • #97
                heres to a injury free game this sunday may the better team win.



                GO NINERS

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by 94niners View Post
                  So, for the record, would you say there is a difference between beating the 49ers and them beating themselves, like with the two fumbles by Williams because Ginn was injured in the NFC Championship game last season? Or was that just a case of the Giants beating the 49ers, rather than the 49ers gift-wrapping the game for them?
                  You are a fool. Jacquain Williams made one of the great plays in playoff history when he knocked that ball loose in OT. Give credit where it's due. Williams had one thing in mind as he was running down the field in kick coverage and that was to force a turnover. He didn't go for the tackle which he could have he went directly for the ball and he executed the forced fumble. Nothing to do with gift wrapping anything.
                  Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by 94niners View Post
                    So, for the record, would you say there is a difference between beating the 49ers and them beating themselves, like with the two fumbles by Williams because Ginn was injured in the NFC Championship game last season? Or was that just a case of the Giants beating the 49ers, rather than the 49ers gift-wrapping the game for them?
                    I'd say that the Giants beat the 49ers with better coaching that day. Coughlin told his KR/PR to place a priority on ball-security, which was very obvious because our KR/PRs that game (especially our PR) pretty much got what they could and then went to the ground with both hands on the ball. Harbaugh made a terrible coaching mistake not telling Williams the same thing...it was even more important that he should have done that since Williams was not the regular returner. Instead, it was obvious that Williams was focused more on making a big play rather than securing the ball. So it's clear to me that the Giants have better coaching than the 49ers...and that was a major factor in the Giants beating the 49ers. If you want to call bad coaching "gift-wrapping the game for them", then yes, the 49ers "gift-wrapped" the game...but from my perspective, the Giants beat the 49ers by playing tough and smart football (and not just tough football)...

                    Imho, "gift wrapping" a game usually comes in the form of a team not giving it's strongest effort or best focus. I don't think the 49ers lacked in effort or focus in the NFC Championship game.
                    Last edited by yoeddy; 10-10-2012, 11:05 AM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by njg85m View Post
                      Is it just me or have 49ers and Packers fans quickly become the most annoying bunch of fans in all of football?

                      I swear these two teams never seem to actually lose. They either 'play flat', or 'gift wrap a loss', or 'beat themselves'. But never do they truly get beaten by a better team in their minds. At least in the packers case it's semi justified since they've been a good team for the better part of the past 20 years. The 49ers have had 2 or 3 seasons even worth mentioning since the millennium and they act like they're 21st century was that of the Patriots or Giants.

                      Not to mention that these morons think Alex Smith is the next coming of Joe Montana. Yeah, the same Alex Smith that only 2 years ago was booed off your own field only to have 70,000 people chant for our current backup to be put in instead.

                      Alex Smith = 2009 Mark Sanchez.

                      Good luck though niners. Not sure where you guys get off thinking you've actually accomplished anything in recent memory and don't have anything to prove, but in any event is pretty comical to fans of a team that actually does 'walk the walk'.
                      49ers fans have always been that way (at least they have been all the way back to the Joe Montana days). Packer fans have historically been very cool fans...but yeah, they seem to be a little more arrogant these days...

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by yoeddy View Post
                        49ers fans have always been that way (at least they have been all the way back to the Joe Montana days). Packer fans have historically been very cool fans...but yeah, they seem to be a little more arrogant these days...
                        Niner fans have gotten so much louder its ridiculous. Not sure who has a more inflated sense of worth with a track record of failure: Them or the Jets.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by njg85m View Post
                          Niner fans have gotten so much louder its ridiculous. Not sure who has a more inflated sense of worth with a track record of failure: Them or the Jets.
                          Jets, no contest. At least the niners were relevent in the 80's for the jet's. let's see...1969 and..er...that's it.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by experto View Post
                            We are clearly not in the same class right now as the Niners.The defense of the Niners flys to the ball and knocks you back;while on the other hand our d doesn't sniff the qb or stop a nose bleed.No doubt the Niners will abuse our oline and bump and run and without Nicks we stand 0 chance.With him I still dont give us much a chance.Top to bottom we are not in the Niner league right now.
                            If the Giants win by 20 then consider it a success. If they lose by any number it's not a success period.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Dwinsballgames View Post
                              Jets, no contest. At least the niners were relevent in the 80's for the jet's. let's see...1969 and..er...that's it.
                              The only team more irrelevant than the Jets are the Browns...

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by repeatchamps View Post
                                You are a fool. Jacquain Williams made one of the great plays in playoff history when he knocked that ball loose in OT. Give credit where it's due. Williams had one thing in mind as he was running down the field in kick coverage and that was to force a turnover. He didn't go for the tackle which he could have he went directly for the ball and he executed the forced fumble. Nothing to do with gift wrapping anything.
                                That's what i call heads up football ! That was one of biggest factors in us winng that game .

                                GO GIANTS..................REPEAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X