No announcement yet.

Giants' Hakeem Nicks, Chase Blackburn, Martellus Bennett not practicing today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants' Hakeem Nicks, Chase Blackburn, Martellus Bennett not practicing today

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...l#incart_river

Excerpt: "It's Wednesday so that means another long list of players on the Giants practice injury report.

In his press conference this morning, Tom Coughlin said WR Hakeem Nicks (knee/foot), TE Martellus Bennett (hyperextended left knee), LB Chase Blackburn (hip), DT Rocky Bernard (quadriceps), and RB Andre Brown (concussion) will not practice today.

But there was some good news in there: Coughlin said Blackburn is scheduled to practice tomorrow and he's optimistic Nicks will practice this week. When Nicks does practice during the week it's usually been on Thursdays.

"Yes, hopefully," Coughlin answered when asked about Nicks. "We'll see. It's like any other week, but hopefully he'll get a practice in."

Coughlin said Brown, who is the third Giants player in five weeks to sustain a concussion, hasn't passed the league's concussion protocol." Read more...

Giants' Nicks looks good running

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/giants...Uugug2hEfjULiI

Excerpt: "It’s another week and another long injury report for the Giants, who start off preparation for the 49ers with 13 players on the list. One familiar name on the list, Hakeem Nicks, did not practice on Wednesday but there is a sign of progress, as Tom Coughlin said the plan is for Nicks to get on the field sometime this week.

As the Giants practiced inside their field house, Nicks did some running and cutting outside on the grass and looked as if he was moving without favoring his right foot or left knee, the two problem areas that have kept him out of action for three straight games. The key for Nicks will be if he is able to practice on Thursday and if he does, how he responds afterward.

Several players who missed last week’s victory over the Browns were able to return to practice on some level. WR Ramses Barden (concussion) participated, as did RT David Diehl (knee), CB Jayron Hosley (hamstring) and LB Keith Rivers (hamstring). In addition, LB Michael Boley (hip) and S Antrel Rolle (knee) were on the field as well." Read more..
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 10-10-2012, 12:33 PM.

• jomo
    replied
    Originally posted by Laurah1275 View Post
    Can't we just crush up some Doan's pills and Tussin' and mix it up in their oatmeal or something?.....lol....tough guys though, I think they will all be playing very soon!
    Sooner than you think!

Leave a comment:

• Laurah1275
    replied
    Can't we just crush up some Doan's pills and Tussin' and mix it up in their oatmeal or something?.....lol....tough guys though, I think they will all be playing very soon!

Leave a comment:

• TucknRolle422
    replied
    keith rivers is gonna be vital against the run

Leave a comment:

• CowboysSuck
    replied
    As long as we win, I dont care if Nicks played or not.

Leave a comment:

• RoanokeFan
    replied
    If Nicks can't go again, we still have Cruz, Hixon, Randle, and Barden as well as Eli's ability spread the ball around

Leave a comment:

• Rudy
    replied
    Originally posted by JB456 View Post
    Dude, hahahahahaha, I just spit pretzels on my computer monitor.
    Your computer monitor hates you.

Leave a comment:

• JB456
    replied
    Originally posted by Dwinsballgames View Post
    call you on your shoe phone, did he?
    Dude, hahahahahaha, I just spit pretzels on my computer monitor.

Leave a comment:

• ryan12
    replied
    i hope nicks practices tomorrow

Leave a comment:

• Dwinsballgames
    replied
    Originally posted by TuckandRolle View Post
    I'm hearing Nicks is a no, but would love to be wrong on that!
    call you on your shoe phone, did he?

Leave a comment:

• nycsportzfan
    replied
    Originally posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
    Would really like to see Rivers and Hosley back this week.
    Agreed! Those 2 and Nicks are my 3 i'm hoping for most this week.

Leave a comment:

• RoanokeFan
    replied
    ESPN: Injury Report: Nicks does some running

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...s-some-running

Excerpt: "Hakeem Nicks did some running on the side and looked quick and agile.

Giants coach Tom Coughlin said Nicks will not practice today, but he is hopeful the wide receiver will practice sometime this week.

Seeing Nicks move side to side, backpedal and run somewhere between half to three-quarters pace is encouraging and a positive step toward playing against San Francisco on Sunday. If Nicks can practice on Thursday and come out of it with no setback to his knee or surgically repaired foot, the receiver will be on track to returning. He has missed the last three games." Read more...

Leave a comment:

• primetime
    replied
    Originally posted by TuckandRolle View Post
    Unless Tom Coughlin and medical staff are your personal friends; it's just specualtion.

Leave a comment:

• TuckandRolle
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TheEnigma
    replied
    Hmm it's as if we were being extra careful with a ton of these guys and decided to save them for the 49ers game. Not surprised one bit.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X