Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A short-range Cruz missile

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...ruz+short+rang

Excerpt: "The lasting images of Victor Cruz's breakout year are the ones that show him streaking away from defenders, grabbing passes that soared over half the field and salsa dancing in the end zone.
    he big play became his signature. The yards piled up so fast that he averaged 18.7 per catch, more than any other receiver with 50 receptions.

So Sunday's game was an odd one for him. For only the fourth time in the 18 regular-season games since he burst onto the scene in Philadelphia 12 months ago, he failed to post more than 50 receiving yards. They came on just five catches. Based on that, it would be tempting to think that the Cleveland Browns largely contained him—especially since they didn't have to worry about Hakeem Nicks, who was injured." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

3 touchdowns and 50 yards a game. I'll take it!

Comment

Originally posted by TuckandRolle View Post
      3 touchdowns and 50 yards a game. I'll take it!
      It certainly speaks well of our depth at WR and Eli's ability to spread the ball around.. Nicks did some running today so we'll see if he can practice tomorrow.
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

It seems to me like the Browns thought of Cruz as just a deep ball threat... he got covered less as the drives advanced closer towards the end zone...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
          It seems to me like the Browns thought of Cruz as just a deep ball threat... he got covered less as the drives advanced closer towards the end zone...
          As you said, if he can get 3 TD's on 5 catches, that's a trend we could like with

Comment

U gotta love the spin...yeah 50 yds but 3 TD's, doesn't he have something like 5 or 6 TD's on the season?

Comment

Originally posted by The Notorious B.I.G BLUE View Post
              U gotta love the spin...yeah 50 yds but 3 TD's, doesn't he have something like 5 or 6 TD's on the season?
              He leads all WR's with 5, I believe.
              Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Doesnt he lead WRs in completions too?

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                  Doesnt he lead WRs in completions too?
                  I have no idea
                  Mood: WOOF!

Comment

NFL TD Leaders

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...true&Submit=Go

1 Arian Foster HOU RB 6 5 1 0 0
                    2 Victor Cruz NYG WR 5 0 5 0 0
                    2 James Jones GB WR 5 0 5 0 0
                    2 Trent Richardson CLE RB 5 4 1 0 0
                    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 10-10-2012, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X