Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a look at the 49ers wins + loss

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • a look at the 49ers wins + loss

    GB - Ran the ball as a team 14 times and that includes Rogers scrambling 5 times, basically they ran by design 9 times. ???
    Lions - Ran the ball 26 times and 2 were with Stafford scrambling, 8 point loss.
    minny - ran the ball 30 + times, ball control time of possession nothing deep and WIN.
    Jets- ran the ball 17 times and a couple were from Tebow. Blowout loss
    Bills - ran 19 times with the QB 2 times. Blow out!!

    Run the ball 30 + times seems like the logical thing to do. The running game doesnt have to yield 4 -5 yards a carry to be effective.
    Thats what I would do, force our will and be just as physical, send a message. Maybe that will inspire our Defense that seems to be a sleep at times.

    I remember years back playing in Pitts and our team came out really physical and we beat them. This to me seems like the same type of game.

  • #2
    Run to not only wear them down and control the clock but also to open up some deep balls off of play action.

    Comment


    • #3
      The defense can not let up huge scoring plays like they have in all but one game so far though. If they get behind they will abandon the running game. The defense has to play better.

      Comment


      • #4
        Guy...Minni has a better defense than we have so they can play that style. We have to score the ball early and often or we lose unless that defense suddenly shows up which we've all been waiting for all season.
        My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

        Burier: Yes.

        My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

        Burier: Yes. I promise.

        Comment


        • #5
          We won't be winning or losing this game based on how our offense performs. Its our defense that needs to stop their offense. We are averaging 30.4 points a game right now, I firmly believe our offense can score on any defense in this league. Yes consistent balance is a must I agree, but our defense can not give up big plays. If they do, we lose the game.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by TuckandRolle View Post
            We won't be winning or losing this game based on how our offense performs.
            Tampa game?

            Comment


            • #7
              Teams run the ball more when they have the lead. Obviously the teams who run the ball the most will have the closest score or the lead

              Comment


              • #8
                Easier said than done. Minny ran it 30+ times because they have AP, and AP ran it well. We can run it 30+ times, but how successful would that be?

                That said, I agree that we have to at least run the ball to keep the defense honest. We shouldn't abandon it just because we are not averaging 4.5 yards a carry. The longer we keep that defense on the field, the better.

                Comment


                • #9
                  The key to winning is defense, our defense has to show up and play well. If our defense allows the 49ers to score a lot of points then it will be hard to catch up against their defense. If it's a low scoring game like it was during the playoffs then we have a good chance of winning. Keep in mind that we are the underdogs so that should help.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I agree, the way to beat the 49ers is to run at them all game. With that said, it's not an easy thing to do especially with them playing at home. It just doesn't happen. If the Giants want to win this game they're going to have to stop our run game first because the 49ers like to milk the clock which will keep Manning on the sidelines. The 49ers for some reason didn't run as much against the Vikings and it cost them.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by SF49erfan View Post
                      I agree, the way to beat the 49ers is to run at them all game. With that said, it's not an easy thing to do especially with them playing at home. It just doesn't happen. If the Giants want to win this game they're going to have to stop our run game first because the 49ers like to milk the clock which will keep Manning on the sidelines. The 49ers for some reason didn't run as much against the Vikings and it cost them.
                      They didnt run as much because they were playing from behind all game!

                      When teams get the lead, they sit back and run the ball more, when they are behind they pass more.

                      People have such trouble with this cause and effect thing.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                        They didnt run as much because they were playing from behind all game! This is very simple.

                        When teams get the lead, they sit back and run the ball more, when they are behind they pass more.
                        That's not true. They came out throwing and never looked back. They weren't trailing by enough to abandon the run.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by SF49erfan View Post
                          That's not true. They came out throwing and never looked back. They weren't trailing by enough to abandon the run.
                          They came out throwing because they were down 7 nothing early in the game.

                          All this stuff about teams who run the ball 30+ times win most of the time is nonsense. Teams who are winning the game run the ball more.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                            They came out throwing because they were down 7 nothing early in the game.

                            All this stuff about teams who run the ball 30+ times win most of the time is nonsense. Teams who are winning the game run the ball more.
                            That's not why they came out thowing. Trailing by seven? C'mon man.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by SF49erfan View Post
                              That's not why they came out thowing. Trailing by seven? C'mon man.
                              How many times have the 49ers been playing from behind this season? Think about it.

                              They do not know how to play when they are behind, they immediately start going to the pass and try to regain the lead or tie, where they settle back down and start running.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X