Eli Manning leading the league in DYAR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crossouttheeyes View Post
    DYAR is a stat footballoutsiders.com made up to show the positive or negative impact of a player on their team over time. It takes into to account league averages and plays are assigned a point value based on their importance. I'm not going to explain the whole statistic here, they have a link on their website, but it's an interesting stat that may be the best way to measure how much a player helps his team win or loss. Eli Manning is currently leading the league in the stat which means according to football outsiders he's been the most effective QB in the NFL through 5 weeks at helping his team win. I just thought you guys would find this interesting.

Article that mentions Eli is leading the league: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvo...5-dvoa-ratings

Article Explaining what these stats mean:http://www.footballoutsiders.com/info/methods
    "Eli Manning is currently leading the league in the stat which means according to football outsiders he's been the most effective QB in the NFL through 5 weeks at helping his team win." Good info. However, I do not need to see any stats to come to this conclusion. All I have to do is just watch the Giants games. This justifies it for the ones who still do not believe in Eli. (By the way, I used to be one of them and I came around not because of any stat but because of Eli's resilience, toughness and calm demeanor in a crisis situation.)

Comment

Only MVP I care to have Eli win again is the SB MVP! Really, why do any of you worry about individual season awards? Let Brees, Rogers, Brady win those. Let the 49ers, Falcons send 10 players each to the Pro Bowl. I want our team in the Super Bowl!

Comment

The amount of clutch talk and 4quarter time is Eli's time on the SNF game vs the Eagles almost made me sick. It was every other sentence that michaels and collinsworth spoke. It's like they were trying too hard.

Comment

Originally posted by crossouttheeyes View Post
          DYAR is a stat footballoutsiders.com made up to show the positive or negative impact of a player on their team over time. It takes into to account league averages and plays are assigned a point value based on their importance. I'm not going to explain the whole statistic here, they have a link on their website, but it's an interesting stat that may be the best way to measure how much a player helps his team win or loss. Eli Manning is currently leading the league in the stat which means according to football outsiders he's been the most effective QB in the NFL through 5 weeks at helping his team win. I just thought you guys would find this interesting.

Article that mentions Eli is leading the league: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvo...5-dvoa-ratings

Article Explaining what these stats mean:http://www.footballoutsiders.com/info/methods
          That means my eyes aren't lying!
          No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

As of today the MVP award would go to Ryan. I think right now Eli deserves it but the media is pushing Ryan every week. I'm not saying the media hates Eli. I'm saying the media is just really big on Ryan right now. Honestly if Ryan gets the award good for him. I'll take another Super Bowl MVP for Eli. I'm sure he would too.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
              As of today the MVP award would go to Ryan. I think right now Eli deserves it but the media is pushing Ryan every week. I'm not saying the media hates Eli. I'm saying the media is just really big on Ryan right now. Honestly if Ryan gets the award good for him. I'll take another Super Bowl MVP for Eli. I'm sure he would too.
              I personally don't care about league records and awards-- as if it's some great way to brag to your friends that a guy on the team you root for got the MVP.

I want it for Eli. Because he deserves, he's by far the most indispensable player on the team, and he's a great leader and person, too.

Comment

u know, with the way eli's always asked if he feels like he can gloat to his brother about having that extra sb and his response being "well peyton has the league mvp's so it kinda evens out" (to that extent), maybe winning the league mvp is actually a goal eli might wish to reach. who knows, but he has certainly played at an mvp level imho.

Comment

he really is just dominating defenses...even the losses, the offense has been lethal aside from some costly mistakes. and thats w/o nicks. i dunno i could see eli getting a ton of media attention when we win in SF off his arm

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                    i could see eli getting a ton of media attention when we win in SF off his arm
                    Your lips---> God's ears

I'm actually watching the replay from the CLE game and man, o, man, do we have an embarrassment of riches for Eli to throw to

Comment

Originally posted by TheBookOfEli View Post
                      His numbers will most likely go down as the season progresses. Bad weather and tough schedule will do that, even to the best QB's.
                      People said that last year too and his numbers didn't drop that much towards the end of the season.

Comment

he wont be able to win league MVP without a TD celebration move ... maybe he can come up with something during the BYE week later on
                        Apologize to Melo 5

Comment

Originally posted by GMan-67 View Post
                          he wont be able to win league MVP without a TD celebration move ... maybe he can come up with something during the BYE week later on
                          He has one...just hasn't used it yet...except on SNL.

Comment

Originally posted by rainierjef View Post
                            It will take 5000+ yards 35+ Tds, & a 65+ completion % for eli to even be considered over the poster boys of the NFL. Eli winning the league MVP is a pipe dream
                            I agree. The Giants wont have the best record so that wont help him. Eli would need the Giants to have the number 1 seed and have those crazy numbers to win. even then they would give it to JJ Watt

Comment

Originally posted by rainierjef View Post
                              It will take 5000+ yards 35+ Tds, & a 65+ completion % for eli to even be considered over the poster boys of the NFL. Eli winning the league MVP is a pipe dream
                              Every year that passes he is more and more involved in that conversation. Especially this year. I wouldn't call it a pipedream.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                                When will you guys learn, Eli will Never win an MVP. Too much media hate out there.
                                I Remember Eli when he was a little Doe.......Now he is a full grown BUCK ! He can an will achieve MVP!

NYG Super Bowl Champs

Comment

Working...
                                X