Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

49ers sit Jacobs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 49ers sit Jacobs

    Brandon Jacobs irked by his San Francisco 49ers role

    If you had Week 6 in the Brandon-Jacobs-Expresses-Disillusionment-With-His-Current-Team pool, well, feel free to break into your signature victory dance.

    Jacobs has yet to play a game for the San Francisco 49ers this season after suffering a knee injury during the preseason. The running back didn't sound thrilled about that reality as he discussed the 49ers' Sunday matchup against the New York Giants, the team with which he won two Super Bowl championships.

    Read More...

    I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

  • #2
    knowing how Harbaugh is, Jacobs will dress this week and get a series, at least

    figuring Brandon will be highly motivated

    watching them vs. the Jets and using Kapernick far more effectively than the Jets use Tebow ... i felt that was a shot at the Jets ... now, of course, since it worked so well it is part of their scheme, but back to the point

    expect Jacobs to dresss Sunday
    Apologize to Melo 5

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by GMan-67 View Post
      knowing how Harbaugh is, Jacobs will dress this week and get a series, at least

      figuring Brandon will be highly motivated

      watching them vs. the Jets and using Kapernick far more effectively than the Jets use Tebow ... i felt that was a shot at the Jets ... now, of course, since it worked so well it is part of their scheme, but back to the point

      expect Jacobs to dresss Sunday
      Yeah I wasn't expecting otherwise... I agree on the 49ers using schemes and players to basically mock their opponents, so I wouldnt be surprised to see him dress for the game (nor would I be surprised to see him trade uniform numbers with CJ Spillman for one week either)...

      I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

      Comment


      • #4
        49ers have some great backs though, not sure how much he will get. Gore and Hunter are their 1-2 for sure.
        WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

        Comment


        • #5
          I love me some HIxon, but he is not in the same category of playmaker as Harvin.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            I said it when he left for the 49ers, he will not be big contributor there. They have perhaps the deepest backfield in the league, that is without without him.

            Gore and Hunter are a very good pair and people forget they also drafted Lamichael James. I expect BJ to be the last guy off the bench before season's end and the 49ers will regret spending that extra 500k over us on BJ.

            I understood why MM left, he is young and had every right to pursue a bigger contributing role coming off a career highlight in the superbowl. But BJ? No, he did not leave for a good reason. He left the biggest market in the world, where he was loved and adored, over 500k in pay. 500k that he would have easily earned back in his lifetime via local endorsements which may possibly be in jeopordy now. Personally, and professionally that was a bad choice on his part.
            Last edited by BlueSanta; 10-11-2012, 01:33 PM.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
              I love me some HIxon, but he is not in the same category of playmaker as Harvin.
              ???? I think you wandered into the wrong thread

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                I love me some HIxon, but he is not in the same category of playmaker as Harvin.
                LOL, what?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Why was the title of this thread changed to make it seem like Jacobs is sitting this week when the article says no such thing?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    boy is he pissed that he signed with them

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Niner fans dont expect Jacobs to suit upthis week, or much at all. He does not play special teams, and we would have to deactivate someone who does. Our third back now is anthony dixon who plays ST.

                      One thing that DOES not help, him running his mouth yesterday. Last year Braylon Edwards ran his trap, and was cut loose not long after. It is the Harbaugh way or the highway.
                      "As of today (after watching houston against the jets), the 49ers are easily the best football team in the NFL. Easily."

                      A quote from one of YOUR die hard Giants Fans:

                      CDN_G-FAN
                      All-Pro

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                        I said it when he left for the 49ers, he will not be big contributor there. They have perhaps the deepest backfield in the league, that is without without him.

                        Gore and Hunter are a very good pair and people forget they also drafted Lamichael James. I expect BJ to be the last guy off the bench before season's end and the 49ers will regret spending that extra 500k over us on BJ.

                        I understood why MM left, he is young and had every right to pursue a bigger contributing role coming off a career highlight in the superbowl. But BJ? No, he did not leave for a good reason. He left the biggest market in the world, where he was loved and adored, over 500k in pay. 500k that he would have easily earned back in his lifetime via local endorsements which may possibly be in jeopordy now. Personally, and professionally that was a bad choice on his part.

                        Heck, JR shouldn’t have caved in to Osi extorting NY Giants and not paid him and given 500K to Brandon Jacobs.

                        Brandon Jacobs was right to leave for 500K. It is a lot of money.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Mbeach49er View Post
                          N
                          One thing that DOES not help, him running his mouth yesterday. Last year Braylon Edwards ran his trap, and was cut loose not long after. It is the Harbaugh way or the highway.
                          Look how tha tworked out when he went after Peyton Manning. I can hardly wait till Eli destroys 49ers this Sunday in front of their hometown maggot fans. 49er fans are among the lowest forms of life there is.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
                            Look how tha tworked out when he went after Peyton Manning. I can hardly wait till Eli destroys 49ers this Sunday in front of their hometown maggot fans. 49er fans are among the lowest forms of life there is.
                            I don't know what you're smoking bro... Everyone and their mother knows that it's the Eagles that are the lowest form of life on earth, and are practically life unworthy of life...

                            I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
                              Heck, JR shouldn’t have caved in to Osi extorting NY Giants and not paid him and given 500K to Brandon Jacobs.

                              Brandon Jacobs was right to leave for 500K. It is a lot of money.
                              In October of 2011 Jacobs said he was likely leaving because he was "unhappy" with his role.

                              How happy do you think he is with his role in San Fran?

                              Oh and btw, that 500k is NOT guaranteed. It is in incentives. I am pretty sure to meet incentives you have to actually NOT be the 4th string RB.

                              It was a dumb move.
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X