Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kevin Gilbride not worried about ex-Giants sharing secrets of offense with 49ers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin Gilbride not worried about ex-Giants sharing secrets of offense with 49ers

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...l#incart_river

Excerpt: "Mario Manningham, the former Giants receiver who now plays for the 49ers, said he's been coaching his new teammates up on his old offense.

He can offer the San Francisco defensive backs information on "what's going to happen here, things like that," he said on a conference call yesterday. He's also letting them in on how Eli Manning thinks.

"I know what’s going on," said Manningham, who played four seasons for the Giants. "I share it with them."

Between Manningham and running back Brandon Jacobs -- who spent his first seven NFL seasons with the Giants before signing with San Francisco -- how concerned is offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride?" Read more...
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 10-11-2012, 04:56 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

no "rocket" or "east(or west) go go" bc i know what they mean as a fan, im sure MM and BJ can tell them what some checks used to mean. if KG/Eli were smart, they'd change the meanings to the same terms MM/BJ know. but then again if Harboner was smart, and he is, he prob wouldnt even find the info useful

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
      no "rocket" or "east(or west) go go" bc i know what they mean as a fan, im sure MM and BJ can tell them what some checks used to mean. if KG/Eli were smart, they'd change the meanings to the same terms MM/BJ know. but then again if Harboner was smart, and he is, he prob wouldnt even find the info useful
      I have nothing factual for saying this, but I don't think Jacobs would tell them anything about the Giants. But, even if he did, I honestly don't see how it's going to make a difference. Our offense does react to the defense presented on every play.
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

eehh...
        whatever.......the game will be played and the Giants need to play a great game either way....
        "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Meh. There is many a slip betwixt a cup and a lip.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
            I have nothing factual for saying this, but I don't think Jacobs would tell them anything about the Giants. But, even if he did, I honestly don't see how it's going to make a difference. Our offense does react to the defense presented on every play.
            i know ur sentiment with the BJ comment. I too picture him still as a NY Giant, just taking a side job for a lil. Cant imagine him doing anything that could cause harm to the team...he's earned that, having fans remember him in his glory day willing to kill for the team...

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
              i know ur sentiment with the BJ comment. I too picture him still as a NY Giant, just taking a side job for a lil. Cant imagine him doing anything that could cause harm to the team...he's earned that, having fans remember him in his glory day willing to kill for the team...
              Word.

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                eehh...
                whatever.......the game will be played and the Giants need to play a great game either way....
                I see an offensive shoot out in the making

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                  I see an offensive shoot out in the making
                  you think??...
                  IDK what to think yet. I guess the offenses and defesnses match up talent wise. I hope the Giants D turns a corner this weekend and stops the run as well as the get to Smith.
                  "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                  You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                    you think??...
                    IDK what to think yet. I guess the offenses and defesnses match up talent wise. I hope the Giants D turns a corner this weekend and stops the run as well as the get to Smith.
                    I think the defense is going to get enough pressure on Smith to make him throw early and Eli will be on is game.

We have Amukamara who seems to get better every week and Hosley and Rivers will be available. Stevie Brown has shown some impressive instincts and I hope they unleash him on blitzes.

Comment

they could literally swap playbooks and it would not matter

play the game

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post

play the game
                        Simple truth YA.
                        No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by ashleymarie View Post
                          Meh. There is many a slip betwixt a cup and a lip.
                          REGULATORS, MOUNT UP!
                          ALL IN!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post

play the game
                            Now that's hard to argue

Comment

They can't show Jimmy anything that game film on us can't either...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                              X