Why so much hate for niner fans?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why so much hate for niner fans?

Most of the SF fans I know in real life are truly nice people, even when football is the topic of discussion. Hell, the niners were my 2nd favorite team in the mid 90s. Yeah that was mostly because they broke up the cowboys 3-peat, but still... the organization as a whole is fairly respectable. Yet some of the comments I read on here look like they should be directed to the soulless fanbase in Philly... Why so much hate?

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Because most of their fans are bandwagon jumpers that didn't give a damn about the team a year and a half ago.

Comment

They are extremely arrogant.
      I don't hate them, but they aren't the friendliest. I guess that's every fanbase..including ours.
      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Then hate the bandwagon, not this team specifically...

Comment

I was wondering the same thing.....and I've been a Niners fan since 1985.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
            They are extremely arrogant.
            I don't hate them, but they aren't the friendliest. I guess that's every fanbase..including ours.
            There is some truth in that. I just feel so wrong trash talking a legit respectable team to such an extreme... Saying that you're rooting for our GMEN is perfectly fine, but acting like SF has less of a soul than Philly just doesn't feel right...

Comment

Originally posted by drewz View Post
              Because most of their fans are bandwagon jumpers that didn't give a damn about the team a year and a half ago.
              ...and BTW, I can't completely disagree with that. I wouldn't say most, but alot of younger fans never paid attention to the Niners until they started being relevent again last year.

I don't like those fans any more than the rest of you do. Those are also the guys who beat up on opposing fans at Candlestick because the "thugs" can get in with the cheap tix in the old place.

Hopefully the new stadium in a better neighborhood with much more expensive tickets and SBLs can eliminate the thug factor.

Comment

Just another fanbase to me. They're certainly much better than their cross-the-bay neighbors. I actually think it's quite interesting how big of an online following they have compared to other teams with so many of them coming here to talk with us.

Comment

Philly fans are life unworthy of life. Raider fans I stay away from if they're in large groups. Other than that, I'll give any individual on any fanbase the benefit of the doubt...

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                    Most of the SF fans I know in real life are truly nice people, even when football is the topic of discussion. Hell, the niners were my 2nd favorite team in the mid 90s. Yeah that was mostly because they broke up the cowboys 3-peat, but still... the organization as a whole is fairly respectable. Yet some of the comments I read on here look like they should be directed to the soulless fanbase in Philly... Why so much hate?
                    No hate,we love the 9er fans. Now go tell them.
                    No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

I know very few Niners fans, but the ones I've encountered--holy hell are they arrogant. They give zero credit to any other team for anything and have this air of entitlement just like Harbaugh.

But this obviously doesn't mean that this holds true for EVERY 49er fan. Glad you don't have to put up with any of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                        All I have to say is, are you serious? With the amount of trash niner fans that's been coming to this board makes me think you were drunk when you posted this. Do me a favor, go over to the smack talk forum and read what they are saying over there. Its like 90% of them think its an automatic win and the "cool ones" think it will be a tough game but a definite win. These are the worst fans I've dealt with in a while.

Here is a little story for you about last years playoff run: A Saints fan brought his wife and six year old son to the game last year. During the game, drunken niner fans were yelling at his son for gods sake and throwing beers at the entire family. Afterwards in the parking lot, the family was verbally abused in the parking lot and the husband was attacked while many niner fans looked on and laughed. This was not an isolated incident and happen to many different people. You know the reason why it didn't happen when the Giants came to town? They had many undercovers dressed as Giants fans.

Dude, I've heard niner fans call their fellow fans trash. They said they wouldn't even go to see the niners play at home cause of the element that attends the games. They told me that as early as 8 years ago you could go to their stadium and have a good time. They said the trash has come out of the woodwork.

Comment

I'm still pissed about the Wildcard game in 2003, can still picture TO flapping his arms.

Comment

Originally posted by drewz View Post
                            not my neighbor. Lifetime niner fan. He's excited about this season and rightfully so. However packer fans were very excited last season as well as NE fans in 07
                            Football has been very, very good to us.
                            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                            But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                            2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                            3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                            4-New York Giants!!!
                            5-NE
                            Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

The only hate I see is in reaction to something else. It's smack talk...nothing more.
                              I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Working...
                              X