Hurry up offense

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurry up offense

I wonder if the Giants will ever consider to go into the "hurry up" offense earleier in the game. Eli thrives in those situations. I'd like to see them slip that in once in a while.

I think they should use some hurry up on the 49ers to suprise them.

Comment

Originally posted by TroyArcher View Post
      I wonder if the Giants will ever consider to go into the "hurry up" offense earleier in the game. Eli thrives in those situations. I'd like to see them slip that in once in a while.
      Love the idea. Never gonna happen. look who our coaches are.

Comment

It'll happen eventually. Not sure if they'll do it with nicks out though. Can't see Randle going with a fast paced no huddle. Too early for te youngster.

Comment

Originally posted by Moke View Post
          It'll happen eventually. Not sure if they'll do it with nicks out though. Can't see Randle going with a fast paced no huddle. Too early for te youngster.
          I never thought about that. You are right.

Comment

Very good idea ! I'll talk to Tom about it.................Also don't let Smith have to much time to throw the ball.............RUSH HIM ! RUSH HIM ! & Sack him !

Go Giants !

Comment

Originally posted by qndarius3 View Post
              Love the idea. Never gonna happen. look who our coaches are.
              This. Ain't happening. They will only do this if they are trailing. It's mind boggling why they don't do this more often earlier in games, Maybe not all the time, but every now and then just to keep your opponents guessing and off balance. Also, how about some passing pays with two RB's lined up in the backfield?

Comment

Gilbride has already said he prefers to keep it for when they need it. Do it all the time and teams will begin preparing for it. It could limit its effectiveness in crunch time.

Comment

Eli was talking about this on Monday on the fan...he said something to the effect of that if they go 3 and out it doesn't give the defense too much rest. People have been clamoring for the hurry up for years now. If they wanted to run it on a consistent basis they would have done so by now....

Comment

Originally posted by I Bleed Blue View Post
                    This. Ain't happening. They will only do this if they are trailing. It's mind boggling why they don't do this more often earlier in games, Maybe not all the time, but every now and then just to keep your opponents guessing and off balance. Also, how about some passing pays with two RB's lined up in the backfield?
                    I have been wishing they would do this occasionally for years. I will never second guess TC as he knows what he is doing, but I have always wondered why not throw it in now and again, not even in every game, but occasionally.

Comment

Originally posted by TroyArcher View Post
                      With Gilbride as OC.....the answer is "No".

They only do hurry up when they need Eli Manning to save the day....which is roughly 75% of the time.
                      "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

Our defense has enough issues when they have time to rest, imagine if they have to go from off the field back on in like a minute. The reason it works so well in crunchtime is because the Giants do not use it all the time. DO I wish sometimes they would use it more for certain situtations, sure, but do not want it to be how the offense operates all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli2Shockey4aTD View Post
                          Our defense has enough issues when they have time to rest, imagine if they have to go from off the field back on in like a minute. The reason it works so well in crunchtime is because the Giants do not use it all the time. DO I wish sometimes they would use it more for certain situtations, sure, but do not want it to be how the offense operates all the time.
                          True.................but once in a while, throw them off gaurd, and do it ! Like this Sunday !

Go Giants................Kick the S#%t out of SF

Comment

ok, well to counter the "if u go 3n out ur killing ur d", then start the no huddle after u've picked up that first 1rst down

Comment

Troy I was thinking the same thing! He could certainly handle the high tempo....

Comment

Working...
                              X