Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BParcells777 View Post
    I said a QTR Century Dumbo.........show me your pelts since 1994

We will blast you back to reality Sunday. I guarantee you will not be back here with your Mr Nice Guy congtatualtions should you be blown out

If by some chance you face us again in January you will be back here then..........only to be sent home again
    dude you are ****ing embarassing....
    you need to put a cap on your spouting.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

We will blast you back to reality Sunday. I guarantee you will not be back here with your Mr Nice Guy congtatualtions should you be blown out

If by some chance you face us again in January you will be back here then..........only to be sent home again
      Yeah, he is like Satan to come and tempt for some time then be sent away again for longer periods of time hahahaaa.
      Last edited by Diamondring; 10-12-2012, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Marvin49 View Post
        ...and finally (and this is just for this Joker I'm arguing with...not the rest of you Giants fans....

You say that Bradshaw is so much better than the "Ordinary" Frank Gore....lets look at your favorite thing...STATS!!!

Bradshaw:

2007 190 yards, 1 TD
        2008 355 yards, 1 TD
        2009 778 yards, 7 TD
        2010 1,235 yards, 8 TD
        2011 659 yards, 9 TD
        2012 333 yards, 2 TD

That would be ONE 1000 yard season. ONE.

Frank Gore:

2005 608 yards, 3 TD
        2006 1,695 yards, 8 TD
        2007 1,102 yards, 5 TD
        2008 1,036 yards, 6 TD
        2009 1,120 yards, 10 TD
        2010 853 yards, 3 TD
        2011 1,211 yards, 8 TD
        2012 434 yards, 4 TD

Thats FIVE 1000 yard seasons only broken up by the year he broke his hip in week 11 and was only 150 yards away from 1000. He's also well on his way to another this year averaging 5.4 yards per carry.

I want to make it clear tho to everyone ELSE. This isn't a slight on Bradshaw. I actually like the guy. I love the anger he seems to run with. This is just in response to the guy above saying Gore is "ordinary".

Dude...seriously...give it up. This is too easy.
        I'm sure he is a good back but he does not play in the NFC East (that would halve his numbers) and against us he has had some incredible bad games

Zero for 6 carries?????? 11 yds for 11 Carries????? Incredible ineptitude.......Coughlin would have benched him forever

Comment

Why only 25 years tho? Just so you could capture ALL of them? BTW, Niners won it in 88 and 89 as well so thats THREE your your arbitrary number...and they have NEVER lost.

Lets get back to that RB Depth thing tho...this is fun. I love STATS.

Gore:

2005 608 yards, 3 TD
          2006 1,695 yards, 8 TD
          2007 1,102 yards, 5 TD
          2008 1,036 yards, 6 TD
          2009 1,120 yards, 10 TD
          2010 853 yards, 3 TD
          2011 1,211 yards, 8 TD
          2012 434 yards, 4 TD

Kendall Hunter

2011 473 yards, 2 TD
          2012 201 yards, 1 TD (5.4 average per carry BTW...and went 6 carries for 40 in the first meeting with the Giants last year with a TD...a 6.7 yards per and 4 for 31 in the playoffs...7.8 yards per)

Then there is this Brandon Jacobs guy who will be coming off the bench when healthy....

2005 99 yards, 7 TD
          2006 423 yards, 9 TD
          2007 1,009 yards, 4 TD
          2008 1,089 yards,15 TD
          2009 835 yards, 5 TD
          2010 823 yards, 9 TD
          2011 571 7 TD

and finally...

LaMichael James: (admitedly, college stats because they are so deep at RB he can't get on the active roster)

2009 1549 yards, 14 TD
          2010 1731 yards, 24 TD
          2011 1805 yards, 19 TD

...and this doesn't even use the guy who has been their 3rd RB this season (with Jacobs and James inactive) Anthony Dixon because he plays both HB and FB and is a special teams ace.

Now talk to me again about RB depth?
          Last edited by Marvin49; 10-12-2012, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamondring View Post
            One thing a lot of you don't understand that our weakest opponents score more points than the 49er's weakest opponents and Giants still be putting up a lot of points. Now if the 49er's weakest opponents were able to put up points, they have a good chance of winning.
            Up until last week the Bills had scored more TDs than any team in the league. The Packers and Lions didn't seem to have too much trouble scoreing last year. Just sayin'.

With the Jets on the other hand, you may have a point...

Comment

I'm sure he is a good back but he does not play in the NFC East (that would halve his numbers) and against us he has had some incredible bad games

Zero for 6 carries?????? 11 yds for 11 Carries????? Incredible ineptitude.......Coughlin would have benched him forever
              Man...can you stop proving me right? I want to think there is a rational thought in there somewhere but I can't seem to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                dude you are ****ing embarassing....
                you need to put a cap on your spouting.
                LOL.

The fun part is he seems so blissfully unaware that he is being handed his lunch right now.

Again...much respect to the Giants. They have proved they can beat anyone at any time.....its just this joker I take issue with.

Comment

Marvin, Marvin, Marvin

WE are a pass happy team.......we go Airborne all the time.......we play a different more modern, less neanderthal game
                  Sure we can run but we do not obssess about it
                  We had to do this to compete with the PATS, Saints, Dallas, Eagles and GB. At some point you guys will come to realize the running aint getting you to the SB

You will have to draft or aquire a gunslinger.....at some point to play with the big boys

Comment

I'm blissfull alright ........Sunday night I will be on Cloud 9

Comment

Alex Smith surprised me this year, he's been playing efficiently well, but the Giants still have the clear advantage in the passing game though. the Niner's running game is better than the Giants'. not way better but still significantly

Comment

Marvin, Marvin, Marvin

WE are a pass happy team.......we go Airborne all the time.......we play a different more modern, less neanderthal game
                        Sure we can run but we do not obssess about it
                        We had to do this to compete with the Saints, Dallas, Eagles and GB. At some point you guys will come to realize the running aint getting you to the SB

You will have to draft or aquire a gunslinger.....at some point to play with the big boys
                        LOL..wow. You really have no clue.....Lemme give you a quick lesson about why the Niners are succeeding.

Back in the 70s in was a run oriented league. You needed a crushing running game and a great D to win. Along came a few teams that challenged that notion and realized that it was alot easier to take a different tact...use the size of the other players against them. The Chargers did that and later the Niners did that. They were called "finesse" teams. They were told it's a running league and those offenses could never succeed. Paul Brown actually passed over Bill Walsh as a head coach for the Browns because of this. Bill instead ended up at Stanford and then SF. Don Coryell of the Chargers and Bill Walsh changed the entire perception of the passing game by running counter to the conventional wisdom.

Fast forward 30 years.

Its a passing league. The prevailing wisdom is that you need to pass the ball 50 times per game to win. You need a premiere QB. Defenses counter with uber fast edge rushers and smaller, ultra fast DBs.

Along comes an offense that is NOT Neanderthal, but actually innovates in the RUN game. They overstack the line and run counter. They throw deep passes out of Jumbo sets. They shift the LT to the right side and have the TE play LT...and then he goes out for a pass while the QB sprints the other way. Now you have SEVEN 300+ lb men crushing smaller, lighter defensive players who are built to stop the pass.

THAT is how the 49ers are winning. Don't kid yourself....the Niners run a very complicated offense with a HUGE number of formations and shifts with a multitude of plays that all start out looking exactly the same.

Who is neatherthal now sparky?
                        Last edited by Marvin49; 10-12-2012, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue2088 View Post
                          Alex Smith surprised me this year, he's been playing efficiently well, but the Giants still have the clear advantage in the passing game though. the Niner's running game is better than the Giants'. not way better but still significantly
                          The stats do not show that Bradshaw 5.1, Gore 5.4 that is not significant...........plus Bradshaw has 3 Studs behind him.....Gore does not

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue2088 View Post
                            This I can't argue with. I like Alex, but he isn't Eli. He is doing so well this year mostly because he has a fantastic OC who gives him wide open looks and their running game forces you to respect play action.

Comment

Originally posted by Marvin49 View Post
                              LOL..wow. You really have no clue.....Lemme give you a quick lesson about why the Niners are succeeding.

Back in the 70s in was a run oriented league. You needed a crushing running game and a great D to win. Along came a few teams that challenged that nothion and realized that it was alot easier to take a different tact...use the size of the other players against them. The Chargers did that and later the Niners did that. They were called "finesse" teams. They were told it's a running league and those offenses could never succeed. Paul Brown actually passed over Bill Walsh as a head coach for the Browns because of this. Bill instead ended up at Stanford and then SF. Don Coryell of the Chargers and Bill Walsh changed the entire perception of the passing game by running counter to the conventionl wisdom.

Fast forward 30 years.

Its a passing league. The prevailing wisdom is that you need to pass the ball 50 times per game to win. You need a premiere QB. Defenses counter with uber fast edge rushers and smaller, ultra fast DBs.

Along come an offense that is NOT Neanderthal, but actually innovates in the RUN game. The overstack the line and run counter. They throw deep passes out of Jumbo sets. They shift the LT to the right side and have the TE play LT...and then he goes out for a pass while the QB sprints the other way. Now you have SEVEN 300+ lb men crushing smaller, lighter defensive players who are built to stop the pass.

THAT is how the 49ers are winning. Don't kid yourself....the Niners run a very complicated offense with a HUGE number of formations and shifts with a multitude of plays that all start out looking exactly the same.

Who is neatherthal now sparky?
                              You guys........Alex Smith is a so-so Game Manager..........Eli is headed to the Hall of Fame

Comment

The stats do not show that Bradshaw 5.1, Gore 5.4 that is not significant...........plus Bradshaw has 3 Studs behind him.....Gore does not
                                Hunter, Jacobs, LaMichael James. READ previous post.

Comment

Working...
                                X