Giants' Hakeem Nicks proclaims himself pain free and ready to go

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Medisleman View Post
    He'll be there. This game is one Coughlin wants bad me thinks.
    I suspect you're right
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Art Stapleton ‏@art_stapleton: Victor Cruz on Hakeem Nicks: "He looks good. He caught a few balls today. He was out there looking fluid and it’s good to see him back" #NYG
      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Hakeem Nicks optimistic on facing 49ers: "I've got a pretty good shot"

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/giants...7vgnwpODJPqB8I

Excerpt: "“Yeah. I would like to see what the coaches are going to say, what they’re going to say about it in the morning and what the trainers are going to say; but I think I’ve got a pretty good shot,’’ said Nicks, who has sat out the last three games due to swelling in his knee and pain in his surgically-repaired right foot.

“I practiced. I did the majority of the practice – about four or five reps a period, about what I would normally do on a Friday practice. I did good. I had coach watching me, asking how I looked, was I compensating or anything like that. I wasn't, so I looked good. I feel good about it. We’ll see how I respond in the morning and then they’ll let me know.’’ Read more..
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

if martty b still was on the cowgirls i dont think he would play through this. he loves being a giant big steal we got in fa
          sigpic
          FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

Originally posted by ryan12 View Post
            if martty b still was on the cowgirls i dont think he would play through this. he loves being a giant big steal we got in fa
            I get the vibe that Bennett really feels like he's found a team he truly belongs on...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
              Thinking the Giants are better WITH their true #1 vs without is now co-cky? Sounds pretty realistic to me.

well the rason i can't pat him on the back is because his own hand is in the way.

pimping yourself is unprofessional unless your name is jim rome and you're paid to gloss yourself.

if you like that sort of braggadocious , good for you.
              due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
              my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                The profanity filter searches for combinations of letters. It seems a reasonable filtering in that regard. Circumventing the filter is not advised. Just pick another descriptor.
                "arrogant" was my first thought , but i thought it a little overly critical for the circumstance.
                i'm not sure he even meant it the way it sounded.
                anyways,not that big a deal .
                due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
                my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                  doesnt sound to me like a guy that can be effective in a game against SF sunday
                  he was banged up vs. Tampa and went for 199 ... i'll settle for 125 even !
                  Apologize to Melo 5

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                    I get the vibe that Bennett really feels like he's found a team he truly belongs on...
                    Until he can make more money with another team next year . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                      I don't think he's going to play
                      He really doesn't have to.

Comment

Originally posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
                        Until he can make more money with another team next year . . . . .
                        Lol I was thinking the same thing. We wont be able to resign him if he breaks out this year.
                        " In Reese to Sign a Bust"

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                          http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...martellus.html

Excerpt: "Hakeem Nicks said today was going to be the "defining day" for whether he will play Sunday against the 49ers.

As of a few minutes ago, it's so far, so good.

Nicks practiced Thursday and was practicing during the media portion of the session open to the media today. He was making cuts and jumping to make catches in drills without looking hindered – signs that he is likely to return Sunday against the 49ers.

The wide receiver has missed the last three games due to a left knee injury he suffered against the Buccaneers in Week 2 in addition to soreness in his surgically repaired right foot.

Tight end Martellus Bennett was also taking part in individuals and moving without hindrance. Bennett played through much of the Giants' win over the Browns with a hyperextended knee he suffered in the first quarter. Earlier in the week he said he planned on playing Sunday." Read more...
                          Good news, hope it doesnt change before game time, as we can use as many starters as we can get on the field.
                          Peace,
                          DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Comment

As much as I want Nicks to be physically able to play vs Niners, my real concern is for our DL to make the trip to SF. If they don't step up and play to their end-of-2011 level (which they obviously have not done yet this year), it will make no difference whether or not Nicks plays this Sunday. When Smith is pressured, his performance drops off the cliff. His consistently high level of play this season so far is due to him not being pressured much at all yet.

Comment

Only time will tell
                              Football has been very, very good to us.
                              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                              But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                              2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                              3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                              4-New York Giants!!!
                              5-NE
                              Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Coughlin is always vague about injuries. He wants 1 of 2 things:
                                A) The other team to prepare for their guy to be playing (Nicks) and he really doesnt..throwing the other team off
                                or
                                B) Have the other team expecting a back-up, when our guy (Nicks) really is going to play...also throwing the other team off
                                and
                                C.) The coaches have no idea and are just as confused as the fans.

If i had to guess, this would be a case of the B's.

Comment

Working...
                                X