Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants' Hakeem Nicks on track to play vs. 49ers

Paul Schwartz ‏@NYPost_Schwartz
    Hakeem Nicks IS on flight to San Francisco. Look for him to play vs. Niners. #NYG

Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    RT @Giants: The only players not making trip to SF are Rocky Bernard, Andre Brown and Kenny Phillips

Ohm Youngmisuk ‏@NotoriousOHM
    Also means David Diehl, who is listed as questionable, is on trip and likely will play.
    Last edited by ozzie0075; 10-13-2012, 12:49 PM.

Originally posted by ozzie0075 View Post
    Paul Schwartz ‏@NYPost_Schwartz
    Hakeem Nicks IS on flight to San Francisco. Look for him to play vs. Niners. #NYG
    Good news indeed.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
      Good news indeed.
      Let's hope Nicks and Bennett can play but that they're on the plane is huge
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

cool
        "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Very good news. I really wish Bernard could play.

Comment

NO THIS IS NOT GOOD NEWS THAT DIEHL WILL PLAY

Comment

Originally posted by drewz View Post
              NO THIS IS NOT GOOD NEWS THAT DIEHL WILL PLAY
              We don't know that he will play or not and if he does for how many snaps and where.
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

i hope he plays whether used as a decoy or not it will help this offense big time

Comment

Giants' Hakeem Nicks on track to play vs. 49ers

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...ack-play-49ers

Excerpt: "New York Giants wide receiver Hakeem Nicks made the team flight to San Francisco and is on track to play in his first game since Sept. 16.

Nicks has missed the last three games with either pain in his surgically repaired foot or swelling in his knee. But his knee made it through two consecutive limited practices and the Saturday walk through without any setbacks.

"I would like to see what the coaches are going to say about it in the morning [on Sunday] and what the trainers are going to say, but I think I've got a pretty good shot," Nicks said Friday in a statement released by the team.

"I practiced," Nicks added. "I did the majority of practice -- about four or five reps a period. About what I would normally do on a Friday practice. I did good. I had the coaches watching me, asking how I looked, was I compensating or anything like that. I wasn't. So I looked good. I feel good about it. We'll see how I respond in the morning and they'll let me know." Read more...

Comment

let's gooo0000oo
                    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                      Let's hope Nicks and Bennett can play but that they're on the plane is huge
                      so huge

Comment

Am I out of line thinking Bennet is more crucial than Nicks in this game?

Comment

Originally posted by TextureDj View Post
                          Am I out of line thinking Bennet is more crucial than Nicks in this game?
                          Nicks changes the whole scheme for defenses, they have to account for him on every play. It opens it up for Cruz and etc... But I see where you're going with Bennett is more crucial then Nicks. Bennett does so much for the Giants that isn't shown on the stat sheet. His run blocking is one of the best at the tight end position, and he holds his own when asked to help out in pass protection.
                          The 49ers linebackers will have to do their best job to defend him, he's big and he can run.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Comment

yeah bennett vs Willis/Boweman is gonna be the matchup i key in on. hopefully SF does something stupid that gets bennett all riled up and he can go off for a huge day.
                            if we can make willis/boweman have to respect bennett in the passing game, it could open up a running lane. and i dunno if willis/boweman are the caliber athlete bennett is. dont take that as a slight to them, 2 of the best lb's in the nfl. i just dont know how fluid and smooth they are dropping off in coverage downfield.

and if nicks plays, and he will, it'll be bc he's close to 100%. giants said that they wouldnt bring him back until he would be able to play without any lingering effects and that he'd be close to 100%...dudes rested for a month now. glad he practiced 3 straight days, just reinforces my belief nicks is good to go

Comment

Love to see the boys back in action!

Comment

Working...
                              X