*** Official Game Day Thread: Giants @ San Francisco***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *** Official Game Day Thread: Giants @ San Francisco***

Well, according to many media heads, this is the game of games, the revenge game for the 49ers loss to the Giants in the 2011 NFCC game when the Niners just didn't play well enough to win as opposed to losing to the Giants. One Niners' player recently went so far as to say "they have something we should have" apparently meaning Super Bowl rings. That assume, of course, they would have won had they made it to the Super Bowl.

This makes for great theater, but history is what it is and they didn't win the NFCC game and, consequently, didn't get a chance to win the Super Bowl. So this now provides their motivation for taking the Giants to the proverbial wood shed. But the problem there is even if they win, it's just another game. It's not a championship game, we're not even at the season halfway point.

It's the next game on the schedule for both teams. It's as important as any game on the schedule in terms of wins and losses. Fortunately for the Giants there are some parallels between this game and that game:

The media consensus is the 49ers will win.
    It's an away game which is not a bad thing for us.
    Injured players are returning to the playing field.
    Eli Manning is still the best clutch QB in the League.

I like our chances!

HERE WE GO, GIANTS, HERE WE GO!!
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 10-14-2012, 02:57 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

i like our chances as well.. we REALLY need to come out swinging, we cant afford to be trailing behind these guys even for a min. i want some david wilson

Comment

LETS GO LIONS!!!

Cowboys are going down, if the Lions win and we win, we're back in First place where we belong!

Comment

you know what to do today G-Men!

shut all the non believers up, all of 'em.

lets go!
        sigpic

Comment

Let's go Giants! Watching from my couch here in Germany. 10:25 PM start time.

Comment

Giants vs. 49ers inactives

NEW YORK GIANTS

DT Rocky Bernard
            RB Andre Brown
            S Kenny Phillips
            WR Jerrell Jernigan
            DE Adewale Ojomo
            OT James Brewer
            TE Adrien Robinson
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Let's go G-MEN!!!! Beat these guys.

Comment

Tom Rock ‏@TomRock_Newsday Hakeem Nicks giving the pregame pep talk to the Giants. Have never seen him fired up like that before!

Comment

This is going to be a great game

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                    This is going to be a great game
                    IF it ever STARTS. LOL. Trying to be patient but keep getting out of my chair, then cannot remember where I was going, so I sit back down. LOL

Comment

Bring it every play for 60 minutes. Don't let up even for a second, show the world what Champions are made of. Go GIANTS.....

Giants fan since the early 80s

Comment

Ravens doing their part. Come on Lions.

I remember first niners game last year - they threw on 1st down almost every series. They also had on side kick. Thought they won the coaching battle that day. Of course we returned the favor in the NFC Championship game.

I like our chances on a dry field. They have a great D but we can spread me out today - make use of Bennett, Rhino, and the Bear

Comment

Originally posted by drewz View Post
                          Tom Rock ‏@TomRock_Newsday Hakeem Nicks giving the pregame pep talk to the Giants. Have never seen him fired up like that before!
                          That's good, good news. Hope he is 110% and has no further injury during the game. Go Giants!!

Comment

Originally posted by ashleymarie View Post
                            IF it ever STARTS. LOL. Trying to be patient but keep getting out of my chair, then cannot remember where I was going, so I sit back down. LOL
                            I only like 1:00 p.m. games lol

Comment

Dallas is losing 31 - 23 at 1:57 in the 4th and driving

Comment

Working...
                              X