Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gilbride is still horrible inside redzone.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gilbride is still horrible inside redzone.

After two INTs by Rolle, the pass-happy Gilbride ruined any chances of scoring TDs and only settled for 2 FGs, that is not acceptable.

On the possession after 1st INT, he called, PASS, PASS, PASS.

On the possession after 2nd INT, he called, RUN, PASS, PASS (this was on 5 yard line!!!)

Seriously, what is wrong with this man? Bradshaw was running like a man possessed, and Gilbride still can't get rid of his bad habit of going to a pass play on the part of the field where passing is extremely difficult.

I've heard Eli saying "We can't settle for FGs" in post-game press conference once too many, I'm really getting sick of it.

I credit the win to the DEFENSE, the offense really didn't have to do much today.

You do realize Eli is the one who decides run or pass, right?

Comment

He's called "killdrive" for a reason

Comment

There were a couple of plays that I was scratching my head over....

Comment

I would have liked to see 1 or both of those INTs that we got in the redzone turn into 7 instead of 3 points as well. But hey a win is a win. I credit the 49ers defense some for holding our Giants to FGs in both of those situations.

Comment

Lets not blame Gilbride for our redzone woes. Blame Reese for not having quality goaline passing options after Nicks and Bennett was hobbled. Barden? Rueben Randle? Pascoe? lol do you see the talent level. If you think we are just going to run up the gut against that 49er defense crowding the box, you are delusional.
            " In Reese to Sign a Bust"

Comment

Well, Eli seems to like him just fine. I think that matters a bit more than any of the edyumucated opinions that might be posted here. If Eli didn't think he was a great OC, he'd have been gone a long time ago.

Let's see, two Super Bowl victories, one of the best offenses in the league for the past two season, DESPITE A RIDICULOUS NUMBER OF KEY INJURIES AT BOTH SKILL POSITIONS AND THE INTERIOR LINE and people are still posting "Kildrive" threads.

Incredible.
              GO JAI-YANTS!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tmurda1984 View Post
                Lets not blame Gilbride for our redzone woes. Blame Reese for not having quality goaline passing options after Nicks and Bennett was hobbled. Barden? Rueben Randle? Pascoe? lol do you see the talent level. If you think we are just going to run up the gut against that 49er defense crowding the box, you are delusional.
                Now you are hating on Reese for a lack of quality WRs? You really are delusional.

Comment

To be fair the 49ers were stout against the run and it's a feather in our cap that we scored a rushing TD against them.

However, I would have liked to see Brown thrown into the mix and for God's sake can we get a halfback screen? I know Gilbride considers that a trick play but come on. Let alone a multi-back set or something.
                  8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

Would I have preferred TD's sure...but given the team we were playing & with the lead we were playing with, u dont force the issue. U take what u get...just dont beat yourself trying to be the hero (like the philly game)

Comment

lol.....truly idiotic thread.
                      I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperNYGiants View Post
                        After two INTs by Rolle, the pass-happy Gilbride ruined any chances of scoring TDs and only settled for 2 FGs, that is not acceptable.

On the possession after 1st INT, he called, PASS, PASS, PASS.

On the possession after 2nd INT, he called, RUN, PASS, PASS (this was on 5 yard line!!!)

Seriously, what is wrong with this man? Bradshaw was running like a man possessed, and Gilbride still can't get rid of his bad habit of going to a pass play on the part of the field where passing is extremely difficult.

I've heard Eli saying "We can't settle for FGs" in post-game press conference once too many, I'm really getting sick of it.

I credit the win to the DEFENSE, the offense really didn't have to do much today.
                        What jersey was Gilbride wearing?
                        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

yeahh idk if it was the play calling that went wrong, or just the execution

Comment

Originally posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
                            To be fair the 49ers were stout against the run and it's a feather in our cap that we scored a rushing TD against them.

However, I would have liked to see Brown thrown into the mix and for God's sake can we get a halfback screen? I know Gilbride considers that a trick play but come on. Let alone a multi-back set or something.
                            Brown didn't make the trip to SF.

Comment

Frustrating, for sure, but...Nicks was still clearly hampered, taking away Eli's favorite and most dependable fade route target, and Bennett was all but a no-show in the passing game (obviously also impacted by his injury). Given the 49ers are arguably the best all-around defense in the NFL (and they are, IMO), it gets VERY difficult when you have such a short field to work with as everything gets far too congested. The one TD pass was an absolutely perfectly placed ball by Eli, as Cruz was pretty well covered.

Comment

Working...
                              X