I don't see Eli as MVP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't see Eli as MVP

I think its more of him in the right situation in a great system with a great coach. Eli makes some terrific throws no doubt but as we know runs hot and cold and seems to play with more fire when we are trailing in games.

He has come a long way and oct is usually his best month as he tends to like warmer weather. I think its fair to say he has come into his own and idont think there is a better QB when you need a quick score to tie it up or take the lead. But MVP of the league ,no don't really see it .

if he does HOF no doubt

Who in the league has played better than Eli?

Comment

So who do you want to give to? Matt Ryan whose never won a playoff game?

Comment

I don't really care about the MVP thing. Neither does he. As long as we are in the playoffs and winning SB's, that's good enough.
        Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Its too early to say. Lets wait after week 8 to determine the leader

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
            Who in the league has played better than Eli?
            Brady or Rodgers, because they throw pretty passes, and they look pretty doing it.
            Mood: WOOF!

Comment

I do think he should be mentioned , im also thinking its way to early. could it go to RG3?

Comment

he is imo in the early running for mvp! Matt Ryan is having a good year and may be the only one challenging Eli for that award! with this win against the previous "best team" in football shines a bright light on Eli.

Eli is already a hof'er imo! those two sbs and sb mvp clinched that!
                sigpic

Comment

"I think its more of him in the right situation in a great system with a great coach. Eli makes some terrific throws no doubt but as we know runs hot and cold and seems to play with more fire when we are trailing in games.

He has come a long way and oct is usually his best month as he tends to like warmer weather. I think its fair to say he has come into his own and idont think there is a better QB when you need a quick score to tie it up or take the lead. But MVP of the league ,no don't really see it .

if he does HOF no doubt"

I respectfully disagree. Look at past League MVP's. Joe Montana won it twice. He was in the right situation with a great system and a great coach. Remember, if the Giants didn't take Phil in the draft, they would have selected Montana. Kurt Warner won it with the Rams. Now I don't think **** Vermeil is a great coach. He was a good coach, don't get me wrong. Kurt was in a right situation there, with the greatest show on turf. Rich Gannon won it with the Raiders, and I can't say they had a good anything. I think Eli is surely on track to be a league MVP. You said it yourself....there's no better QB when you need a quick score and are down. Right there, it seems he's the most valuable player. : )

Comment

When Gilbride ran this system without Eli, it got labeled the "chuck and duck" now with a QB like Eli running it you are calling it a great system at the right time. That alone speaks volumes.

Comment

you are talking about era where you could kill the qb and mug the WR, how can you compare to today when you got guys likr matt staford throwing 5000 a year. for warner and simms and montana to go out there and throw 3 td's it was really something because it was much much harder. the nfl now is geared toward protection and passing game to light up the score board and attract fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                        I think its more of him in the right situation in a great system with a great coach. Eli makes some terrific throws no doubt but as we know runs hot and cold and seems to play with more fire when we are trailing in games.

if he does HOF no doubt
                        Sounds like you do think he is League MVP Harooni lol.

IMO and most board members it would seem he is MVP so far this year. I mean what player has had injuries to key guys like Hakeem Nicks and replaced them with completely unknowns (barden) or simply not as talented players (hixon) and has had the same production. This guy make his teammates better, and Leads them to victories or at the minimum puts them in position to win every game?

I mean the only other real candidates imo Arian Foster and Matt Ryan and they don't do as much for their team as Eli for the Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post

if he does HOF no doubt
                          Of course not. You never got Eli. You want stats and style, but Eli is all substance. Eli has magic, and only the eye test can pick that up. You refuse to see it and always have.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                            I don't really care about the MVP thing. Neither does he. As long as we are in the playoffs and winning SB's, that's good enough.
                            I really don't care what Harooni says. He's bored and trying to rile up the board after a Giants dominating victory. I ain't fishing.

Comment

Great system... give me a break harooni..... this offense is NOT set up for sexy stats

You're one of the biggest trolls on the internet sometimes lol
                              "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

Working...
                              X