Our Red Zone Performance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Red Zone Performance

We left 12 points on the field yesterday. I was very unhappy with alot of the play calls in the red zone. We have the ability to move the ball down field at will, yet when we get in the red zone it almost seems as if Gilbride moves away from what works very well and 3 times we ended up with field goals on a very short field. Whats the deal with his play calls?
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

Eli is the one deciding run or pass down there.

Comment

Originally posted by FIFTY6G-MAN View Post
      We left 12 points on the field yesterday. I was very unhappy with alot of the play calls in the red zone. We have the ability to move the ball down field at will, yet when we get in the red zone it almost seems as if Gilbride moves away from what works very well and 3 times we ended up with field goals on a very short field. Whats the deal with his play calls?
      I think this one will be lost in the euphoria of the win but it is a reason for concern. Rolle's INT's gave us the ball on the 10 yard line the first time and on the 5 the second time and both times we could not gain a single yard! If this is not a reason for concern, I am not sure what is. Killdrive's lack of imagination and his predictability is apparent. I just do not understand why Coughlin does not address this because it happens consistently. I guess some things will never change. Good thing our defense showed up and the secondary covered SF's WR very well. Props to Fewell's scheme. It worked for once!

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
        If that's the case then someone needs to step in and fix that because whatever it is, it is not working.

Comment

Are you sure? Its not like the 2 min drill. I do understand Eli can call audibles, but I dont think Eli was making the play calls yesterday. I could be wrong.
          "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

Comment

Are you sure? Its not like the 2 min drill. I do understand Eli can call audibles, but I dont think Eli was making the play calls yesterday. I could be wrong.
            Eli is always making the calls. He gets multiple plays in the huddle. That's what "kill kill" means. They are going to the #2 play.

Comment

Eli always has at least one option to audible
              Last edited by RoanokeFan; 10-15-2012, 10:55 AM.
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

I've know about making plays and feel that KG doesn't have that many plays for short distances. I think he needs to make some that are designed for short distance. One of the things he needs to add is the delay run and some screens. He adds those to his play calling will give him more options. Those two plays I explained are set up plays and look like other type of plays like the draw play that looks like a pass play. You also have fake draw plays etc.

Another thing could be big receiving talent. Receivers who are good at blocking. Those type of guys can come off their blocks and get at open spots mixed with the run plays can help in the redzone a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamondring View Post
                  I've know about making plays and feel that KG doesn't have that many plays for short distances. I think he needs to make some that are designed for short distance. One of the things he needs to add is the delay run and some screens. He adds those to his play calling will give him more options. Those two plays I explained are set up plays and look like other type of plays like the draw play that looks like a pass play. You also have fake draw plays etc.

Another thing could be big receiving talent. Receivers who are good at blocking. Those type of guys can come off their blocks and get at open spots mixed with the run plays can help in the redzone a lot.
                  That's what we did last week against Cleveland. Cruz pretended he was going to block and then ran a slant route I believe.
                  Mood: WOOF!

Comment

I'm curious if anyone has looked at QB redzone effectiveness. I do think Eli struggles down there a bit, but perhaps he is around league average

Comment

I'm curious if anyone has looked at QB redzone effectiveness. I do think Eli struggles down there a bit, but perhaps he is around league average
                      NFL Team Red Zone Scoring Percentage (TD only)

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat...ne-scoring-pct

We are 22nd
                      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post

We are 22nd
                        Yeah, that's not good.
                        Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Our red-zone scoring percentage is exactly what I feared coming into this season. Just awful play-calling or lack of execution? Not sure, but it seems like it's just a lack of execution to be honest. Not many players open at all.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post

We are 22nd
                            Do they have just passing? I figure out crap running game would give them a low percentage

Comment

They have struggled some but the 49ers defense is very good. Have to give it to them. They could have just folded especially after the 3rd interception.

Comment

Working...
                              X