Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marvin Austin only 7 snaps on Sunday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Marvin Austin only 7 snaps on Sunday

    I'm gonna have to rewatch the game to see where the snaps came at.. but it's interesting he didn't much snaps at all

    Marvin Austin: 7 snaps on D, 2 on ST
    Markus Kuhn: 20 snaps on D, 12 on ST
    Keith Rivers: 7 snaps on D, none on ST

  • #2
    Its not that surprising, after the first half, 49ers rarely ran a heavy package, instead were trying to throw the ball.

    Comment


    • #3
      I really don't think he's very good, if we draft a DT high next year I think he is at a high risk of gettin cutt. Liked him out of collage thought he can help us but he was out of football for 2 years and I don't think he has showed the coaching staff much if Kuhn is gettin that many snaps over him. And u can say cause the package this game but I'm pretty sure Kuhn played more then him last game against the Browns too

      Comment


      • #4
        wow, i had that almost exactly right with Kuhn, somebody was like HE STARTED, and i was like yeah and he played 10 D snaps ... make that 8

        Rivers is nursing a hammy, so dont go crazy with his deal

        Austin, well cant say how that project is going ... but i'd still keep him over Kuhn when Canty and Bernard get back ... to me, Kuhn could be cut, clear waivers and we could sign him to PSquad hopefully
        Apologize to Melo 5

        Comment


        • #5
          If you watch the opening kick off of the second half I think he is the one that pancakes someone to help spring Wilson. He will get more reps.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by drewz View Post
            I'm gonna have to rewatch the game to see where the snaps came at.. but it's interesting he didn't much snaps at all

            Marvin Austin: 7 snaps on D, 2 on ST
            Markus Kuhn: 20 snaps on D, 12 on ST
            Keith Rivers: 7 snaps on D, none on ST
            But would they really be starting a guy who missed all of last year and has never played NFL ball, and missed his last year of college ball? I wouldn't expect him to be in there that much. Maybe by the end of the season, he'll get a lot more snaps.

            Why is he being judged right now?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by JJC7301 View Post
              But would they really be starting a guy who missed all of last year and has never played NFL ball, and missed his last year of college ball? I wouldn't expect him to be in there that much. Maybe by the end of the season, he'll get a lot more snaps.

              Why is he being judged right now?
              I don't think anyone is judging him. I think a lot of us were high on Marvin Austin and are seeing how he is developing and doing on a week to week basis.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by GMan-67 View Post
                Austin, well cant say how that project is going ... but i'd still keep him over Kuhn when Canty and Bernard get back ... to me, Kuhn could be cut, clear waivers and we could sign him to PSquad hopefully
                I think the fact that Kuhn got 20 snaps on D this past game is a sure sign he is not getting cut. (nor do I think Austin is getting cut). I think the cuts come from somewhere else besides these two but we'll see.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Kuhn played almost 3 times as many snaps as Austin. Assuming that Austin wasn't injured, that doesn't speak well to what the coaches think of Austin.

                  Did Rivers get re-injured?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    So far the guy has been a complete bust. He better start making an impression soon or he is out of here.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by BigJ View Post
                      I really don't think he's very good, if we draft a DT high next year I think he is at a high risk of gettin cutt. Liked him out of collage thought he can help us but he was out of football for 2 years and I don't think he has showed the coaching staff much if Kuhn is gettin that many snaps over him. And u can say cause the package this game but I'm pretty sure Kuhn played more then him last game against the Browns too
                      I'm with you...I don't think he's very good. He gets pushed all around. I'll give him the year though...he has been out of football for a while.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
                        Kuhn played almost 3 times as many snaps as Austin. Assuming that Austin wasn't injured, that doesn't speak well to what the coaches think of Austin.

                        Did Rivers get re-injured?
                        I dont think so. I saw him out there near the very end of the game. I think they just limited his snaps
                        Football has been very, very good to us.
                        After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                        But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

                        # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

                        1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                        2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                        3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                        4-New York Giants!!!
                        5-NE
                        Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

                        ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Once again the fickle fans are out in full force. I'm glad none of you are working on the front office or half or roster would be staring on other teams and not filling in the injury holes for us.

                          Give the Anchorman some time for goodness sakes. Why does everyone here seem to think was going to step right in and be a starter? Linval Joseph took a few years to establish himself behind vets Cofield and Canty.

                          You don't cut a second round pick who didn't play his senior year, played none of his rookie year and now has a few games under his belt. He's getting time on special teams as well - he laid a bit hit on someone during one of Wilson's kick returns.

                          None of us are at practice etc to know his conditioning and other factors at this point. Check back in another year or two before we label him a bust, or cut him.
                          Last edited by DaKraken; 10-16-2012, 12:35 PM.
                          "Release the Kraken!"

                          - Dan Dierdorf, Giants vs Dolphins, 10/30/2011

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            He wasn't drafted to start he was drafted to develop
                            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              What disppointed me about Austin was that he reportedly showed up to off-season workouts out of shape. To me that is simply unbelievable when you are a guy who hasn't played in 2 years and is looking to show what you can do.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X