David "Turbo" Wilson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David "Turbo" Wilson

Per Carl Banks' new nickname suggestion on the WFAN Monday night Giants show with Kim Jones.

Player: David Wilson
    New nickname: Turbo

I like it!

I am still liking zip zip. It rolls off the tongue easy and it is totally different and it describes the way he moves.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

we all had nicknames for Jacobs until we heard what the players were calling him (hightower), which was way better than anything we came up with.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
        we all had nicknames for Jacobs until we heard what the players were calling him (hightower), which was way better than anything we came up with.
        Never heard that one about Jacobs.

Comment

police academy. not sure of your age, but that's the reference they were making.
          sigpic

Comment

Did anyone call Jacobs "hightower" though? I called him B Jac and J-truck. Or BJ. Or Jacobs. I'll just scream Wilson! like Tom Hanks in Castaway.
            WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

hightower was his nickname in the lockerroom.

i suspect he didn't get called that much in fan world because if your birthday is sometime in the 80s, that group of movies is probably a mystery.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
                I thought he was the tiptoe burgular

Comment

"David Wilson" works fine for me hah. Not much of a fan of using homemade nicknames.

Comment

I don't like "turbo"...it sounds too uncreative and simple. I'd rather start a nickname for the RB corps than one single player to be honest.
                    "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Originally posted by titwio View Post
                      I don't like "turbo"...it sounds too uncreative and simple. I'd rather start a nickname for the RB corps than one single player to be honest.
                      I don't much care for it either. It sounds like someone is attempting to put a square peg in a round hole. Some nicknames revolve and sound natural like "Diesel" for Riggo. The Tyler Rose, don't know if that ever fit Earl Campbell or not. "The Bus' fit okay. "Broadway Joe" developed because of Namath's personality. Have we seen enough of Wilson to worry over giving him a nickname already? The Mighty Peyton came about after years of his intelligence and play making was in the forefront. Maybe I am missing something here.

Comment

I just reread the above post of mine and it sounds harsh. I did not mean it to sound that way. I'm not trying to insult anyone or belittle their suggestions. Sorry for any misunderstandings. Ash

Comment

I'm buyin into to Turbo!

Comment

Swerve,

Comment

Pretty sure the E in his middle name stands for Electric

Comment

Working...
                              X