Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bennet is looking good

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bennet is looking good

    Is our KG giving Bennett some crossing routes? I would like him to come out of his blocks. Is KG having him do this?

  • #2
    when we go up against teams that have good front 4's/7's, it seems KG asks Bennett to help in protection. I've noticed he has this little staple of helping in protection and then releasing for a delayed check down route. also bennett has been used, he's just had a couple of quiet games. quiet doesnt mean bad. it just means he's doing things a casual fan won't pick up on, ie playing hurt and toughing it out, helping tremendously with our run game from last to 6th, and to help keep eli upright and go downfield.
    then u factor in he has had at least 3 catches a game iirc, 3 tds, including some clutch ones...he's been awesome for us. i believe he may have abreak out game vs wash

    Comment


    • #3
      and yes, he's running crossing routes as well as out routes, curls, drags, seam routes, corner routes, post routes, 7 routes, we've even lined him up at wr...guy is a tough beast

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
        when we go up against teams that have good front 4's/7's, it seems KG asks Bennett to help in protection. I've noticed he has this little staple of helping in protection and then releasing for a delayed check down route. also bennett has been used, he's just had a couple of quiet games. quiet doesnt mean bad. it just means he's doing things a casual fan won't pick up on, ie playing hurt and toughing it out, helping tremendously with our run game from last to 6th, and to help keep eli upright and go downfield.then u factor in he has had at least 3 catches a game iirc, 3 tds, including some clutch ones...he's been awesome for us. i believe he may have abreak out game vs wash
        i agree on all counts
        Football has been very, very good to us.
        After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
        But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

        # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

        1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
        2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
        3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
        4-New York Giants!!!
        5-NE
        Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

        ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
          when we go up against teams that have good front 4's/7's, it seems KG asks Bennett to help in protection. I've noticed he has this little staple of helping in protection and then releasing for a delayed check down route. also bennett has been used, he's just had a couple of quiet games. quiet doesnt mean bad. it just means he's doing things a casual fan won't pick up on, ie playing hurt and toughing it out, helping tremendously with our run game from last to 6th, and to help keep eli upright and go downfield.
          then u factor in he has had at least 3 catches a game iirc, 3 tds, including some clutch ones...he's been awesome for us. i believe he may have abreak out game vs wash
          That is nice and his production is still looking good even after being quiet. How many yards you think he will be able to get? I think he has slightly over 200 yards receiving and 3 tds.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
            when we go up against teams that have good front 4's/7's, it seems KG asks Bennett to help in protection. I've noticed he has this little staple of helping in protection and then releasing for a delayed check down route. also bennett has been used, he's just had a couple of quiet games. quiet doesnt mean bad. it just means he's doing things a casual fan won't pick up on, ie playing hurt and toughing it out, helping tremendously with our run game from last to 6th, and to help keep eli upright and go downfield.
            then u factor in he has had at least 3 catches a game iirc, 3 tds, including some clutch ones...he's been awesome for us. i believe he may have abreak out game vs wash
            I have to agree. Hes a big physical presence and you can tell when he catches a pass. It usually takes 2 people to bring him down. surprisingly i havent paid much attention to how well he blocks but i would imagine hes doing a damn good job
            Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

            ~Big Mike~

            Comment


            • #7
              I hope they get him more involved!

              Comment


              • #8
                again, guys keep looking at bennet as a receiving target first.

                don't fool yourself for a second that its a coincidence that our running game is coming back to life the same year that we've got one of the NFL's best blocking TEs.

                Let's give our collective heads a shake.

                If he doesn't catch another ball this whole season, he will have contributed more to this offense than boss and ballard combined.

                to be able to run the ball, ESPECIALLY in the red zone, it going to be worth so much more than 50 rec 600 yds and a few TDs.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
                  again, guys keep looking at bennet as a receiving target first.

                  don't fool yourself for a second that its a coincidence that our running game is coming back to life the same year that we've got one of the NFL's best blocking TEs.

                  Let's give our collective heads a shake.

                  If he doesn't catch another ball this whole season, he will have contributed more to this offense than boss and ballard combined.

                  to be able to run the ball, ESPECIALLY in the red zone, it going to be worth so much more than 50 rec 600 yds and a few TDs.
                  Amen, I say to you.
                  Do not feed the trolls.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Every now and then, we acquire a player I call. a sleeper. Bennett is all that and more.
                    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
                      again, guys keep looking at bennet as a receiving target first.

                      don't fool yourself for a second that its a coincidence that our running game is coming back to life the same year that we've got one of the NFL's best blocking TEs.

                      Let's give our collective heads a shake.

                      If he doesn't catch another ball this whole season, he will have contributed more to this offense than boss and ballard combined.

                      to be able to run the ball, ESPECIALLY in the red zone, it going to be worth so much more than 50 rec 600 yds and a few TDs.
                      100% agree

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        he's been great...nuff said
                        "Release the Kraken!"

                        - Dan Dierdorf, Giants vs Dolphins, 10/30/2011

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
                          again, guys keep looking at bennet as a receiving target first.

                          don't fool yourself for a second that its a coincidence that our running game is coming back to life the same year that we've got one of the NFL's best blocking TEs.

                          Let's give our collective heads a shake.

                          If he doesn't catch another ball this whole season, he will have contributed more to this offense than boss and ballard combined.

                          to be able to run the ball, ESPECIALLY in the red zone, it going to be worth so much more than 50 rec 600 yds and a few TDs.
                          I don't believe that a lot of people think he is a receiving te first. I know you read the post and a lot of posters know he came to the Giants as a blocking te. Yet they also think that he can be a good threat at receiving. I made this post cause of how well he is catching balls and he could contribute more if he can keep on being a receiving threat. I good blocking te is nice but if that man can be more of a threat at receiving and blocking, oh boy and he is only 25 years old to. Damn.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I agree, we all know he was brought in to be a blocking tight end and improve the run game, but he has showed some flashes of great hands and route running as well. The good thing about him being known as a "blocking TE" is that if he runs a quick route after a chip block then he is being effective in both situations and its very hard for a defense to plan for that type of thing with a player as athletic as he is. I definitely think we will see more of him in the passing game as the season progresses.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by BlueMonstaahhs View Post
                              I agree, we all know he was brought in to be a blocking tight end and improve the run game, but he has showed some flashes of great hands and route running as well. The good thing about him being known as a "blocking TE" is that if he runs a quick route after a chip block then he is being effective in both situations and its very hard for a defense to plan for that type of thing with a player as athletic as he is. I definitely think we will see more of him in the passing game as the season progresses.
                              You sure not lyiin.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X