X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants prep for Washington's new weapon

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...cB0Vl7iK7NuHlM

Excerpt: "
    t’s the rocket arm and the jet legs and the captivating smile and the dangling braids and the Jordan-esque swagger on the field and the humility off it. Long after Eli Manning stops being an elite quarterback, long after Tom Coughlin retires, it is a good bet Robert Griffin III will be the scourge of the NFC East, the Giants’ worst nightmare. They better get him now, before he has it all figured out.

It’s the hope the young franchise quarterback brings to his franchise and to his region that makes everyone believe all things are possible. And sometimes you know it when you see it for the very first time. Broadway knew it as soon as it saw Joe Namath. Miami knew it as soon as it saw Dan Marino. Indianapolis knew it as soon as it saw Peyton Manning and now Andrew Luck.

“I think we’re just scratching the surface of how good he can be,” Fox NFL analyst John Lynch told The Post.For the championship-starved Redskins fans in and around the nation’s capital, Griffin isn’t merely a breath of fresh air. He is oxygen, resuscitating a proud tradition." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I'm excited to see how our team handles Griffin III. He is a threat, but I'm also sure he can't do it alone. The Redskins seem to have rallied with this guy - and am expecting an intense game. We lost twice last year to the Skins so I disagree with everybody who thinks this is a sure win.

There are no sure wins in the NFL.

Comment

Whi said it's a sure win?
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Just talking in general terms.

Comment

No one who has been a Giants' fan for any length og time should believe that.

Comment

They don't have anyone to throw to. With the way the giants defense has been playing I'm not worried.
            Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
              No one who has been a Giants' fan for any length og time should believe that.
              ^ This, beat me to it RF

Comment

Originally posted by gfanblue View Post
                They don't have anyone to throw to. With the way the giants defense has been playing I'm not worried.
                Garcon is still going to be out I think right?

Comment

I absolutely think were going to win. I just don't believe any game is a sure win

Comment

Theme of the game: Contain
                    “Fall down seven times, get up eight.”

Comment

Running QBs never really last is this league. He's more a flash in the pan than a Redskin savior.

Not that he won't have a good game this week.

The Redskins have had our number with Rex at QB, so I am glad we don't have to see him anymore.

Comment

I wonder if we see J. Williams out there at LB for a lot of this game.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimaniac View Post
                          Running QBs never really last is this league. He's more a flash in the pan than a Redskin savior.

Not that he won't have a good game this week.

The Redskins have had our number with Rex at QB, so I am glad we don't have to see him anymore.
                          Flash in the pan? That has to be a joke...

Comment

RG3 will be a tough QB to contain, but so is Vick, Romo, Cam, Rodgers, Smith ect.... RG3 could be a great QB one day, but not if he keeps running the ball the way it is going. He will be very Vickish in his game consistancy.
                            WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

With all due respect, we have plenty of people to throw to. With Garcon being in and out of the lineup, Griffin's kind of spread the ball around to multiple targets. They aren't all that heralded, but they can do more than get the job done. It's just hard for fans of other teams to see that because our run game has been working so well, so we haven't had to air it out a ton.

We have a considerably fast receiving corps. And they are all good after the catch. They all bring a different element to the game. Garcon is our best receiver. He obviously isn't a big name guy, but he is pretty darn good, and underrated. Fast, tough, great route runner. I don' think he's going to play though, which will hurt us. Josh Morgan, Moss (in a reduced role, but still effective, and explosive if left unchecked) Leonard Hankerson, Aldrick Robinson, and Brandon Banks (in a trick play-gadget role) can make some plays. And Fred Davis is a very capable TE.

We obviously don't have as good a core as you guys do, but ours could be one to pay attention to as the season goes on, the more Griffin grows into his position, and the more teams start to force him to pass.

Comment

Working...
                              X