Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Coughlin retired after this season, who would you want next?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Coughlin retired after this season, who would you want next?

If Coughlin retired after this season after winning another superbowl and going out on top of the world in 2012, who would you want to be the next coach in 2013 for our New York Football Giants and why?

Kevin Gilbride?

Perry Fewell?

Bill Cowher?

Spags?

Someone else?
    WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

None of the above.

I'd like to see us give a young guy an opportunity, although I do not know who that might be in 2013.

Comment

I would want someone who is a no-nonsense guy like TC is. Honestly I really like that mentality of just going out there and doing your job in a football team... It's a sharp break from Fassel.

That said, I don't think Gilbride can make a good HC, but that's just my opinion. I'd rather take PF as a head coach at this point...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

lets get a return from Bill Parcells. jk I would want someone young but experienced

Comment

Gilbride seems the obvious choice........I kind of like the guy.......he is a skinnier Andy Reid

Also Andy Reid works for me, Bill Cowher, Spagnuola, and my personal Favorite- John Gruden

I do not want some untested, unproven rookie HC..........I believe I could coach the Giants to a Lombardi with all the talent Reeses provides however.

Reese is the real key to all this success....He is the guy we cannot lose

Perry Fewell.......??????????? You have to be kidding. He is barely hanging on as a DC. If he were DC on the Jets they would not win a game
          Last edited by BParcells777; 10-17-2012, 10:19 AM.

Comment

No Bill Cowher and No Gruden ....jeez those guys have been popular over the years as the next one

I'm confident our FO will interview and find the right man. Preferably a No-BS coach like coughlin would be ideal, but hey you never know.

I'm with the movement of getting a young coach in here. Lets try and shake it up and see what we can get from a guy under 40 yrs old.

But to be honest, Coughlin is the man, I love him, and I think he is coaching here for at least another year if not 2 or 3. So don't get too excited..

Comment

Originally posted by BParcells777 View Post
              Gilbride seems the obvious choice........I kind of like the guy.......he is a skinnier Andy Reid

Also Andy Reid works for me, Bill Cowher, Spagnuola, and my personal Favorite- John Gruden

I do not want some untested, unproven rookie HC..........I believe I could coach the Giants to a Lombardi with all the talent Reeses provides however.

Reese is the real key to all this success....He is the guy we cannot lose
              Andy Reid?!?! John Gruden?!?! unbelievable

Comment

I can see Spags, Gilbride.. And trust me there are guys at position coaches all throughout the league we do not know of who are waiting to get their shot.

Its obvious to name the big names, but I think the Giants may surprise us.

Comment

juan castillo

Comment

Do you think we could talk Ray Handley out of retirement?

Comment

Originally posted by CowboysSuck View Post
                      Those guys would be much better choices than Spags. No way the Giants hire a HC who won only 10 games in 3 years during his only HC job.

Comment

I don't think TC would leave, even with another ring. That said, I would want someone that would be willing to keep KG with Eli. I think that should be a stipulation with whoever the next coach is. Keep the franchise QB in his comfort zone.

Comment

Gruden is good at taking already stacked teams to the promise land as well as developing teams like the raiders. I would say gruden. He seems to like Eli a lot even before the run last year. Also he is a defensively minded coach who also knows the the Qb position. He also doesn't take too much bs and is relatively young compared to others.Gruden is my choice but I don't expect us to go this route.Probably gilbride. I mean he has been in the league for years and has never had the chance to be a head coach. He posses me off as a oc sometimes but he still knows this team better than anybody but coughlin and reese

Comment

Originally posted by CowboysSuck View Post
                            I think Andy is the winningest HC over he last decade and owns the NY Giants alread anyway......they might as well give him the deed.

John Gruden won a Super Bowl with a team Tony Dungy left in taters........enough proof for me. I cannot stand Dungy, smug Giants hater.

Comment

Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
                              I don't think TC would leave, even with another ring. That said, I would want someone that would be willing to keep KG with Eli. I think that should be a stipulation with whoever the next coach is. Keep the franchise QB in his comfort zone.
                              ThisHC GrudenOC GilbrideDC Fewell

Comment

Working...
                              X