Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JPP Warns RGIII: "Don't Bring it to My Side"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • JPP Warns RGIII: "Don't Bring it to My Side"


    http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/gia...-it-to-my-side

    Excerpt: "
    Jason Pierre-Paul has seen the speed of Robert Griffin III and he knows the Redskins quarterback will try to run on the Giants’ defense on Sunday. But JPP had a warning for RGIII.

    “Don’t bring it to my side,” Pierre-Paul said. “Go the other way.”

    Not that Pierre-Paul expects Griffin to have much success going in that direction either, now that the Giants’ defense has rediscovered it’s confidence after their dominant performance in San Francisco last Sunday. Griffin may be the fastest quarterback in the NFL, and he may have run for 379 yards and six touchdowns his first six games in the league.

    But Pierre-Paul think RGIII will have his hands full against a Giants’ defense that might be faster than any he’s ever seen.

    “Trust me, we chase quarterbacks all time,” Pierre-Paul said. “We turn and run to the ball, no matter what. He may get past us and zoom right past us, but trust me we’re right behind him. You’ve got to respect that too. It’s not all about the speed. We’ve got guys, all 11 guys that can run to the ball very quick." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

  • #2
    Hopefully someone can put a big hit on him early and shake him up. We need better contain than against Vick. Their RB is playing well too.
    sigpic

    Jerry Reese. The Adrien Robinson of GM's.

    Comment


    • #3
      SOOOOOOO MUCH TRASH TALKING.

      Mood: WOOF!

      Comment


      • #4
        Maybe it's just me, but if I was Tuck or Umenyiora I would be embarassed after hearing that. This kid who's in his 3rd season can basically indirectly state that he's the best DE and he can certainly back it up and they know it. In other words, he's telling them if they want to succeed in running the ball, they're better off running on Osi or Tuck's side, and he's 100% accurate.

        Comment


        • #5
          I am surprised no one has said, shut up and play yet. I am pretty sure if it was Osi this thread would be 10 pages long now, or Tuck.

          Retweeted by Rueben Randle
          @Katdaddyjay 17h
          @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
          http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by rainierjef View Post
            I am surprised no one has said, shut up and play yet. I am pretty sure if it was Osi this thread would be 10 pages long now, or Tuck.
            It would be 10 pages, and rightfully so.
            Mood: WOOF!

            Comment


            • #7
              “Don’t throw it to my side,” Amukamara said. “Throw the other way.”

              “Don’t run it into my lane,” Joseph said. “Go the other way.”

              “Don’t try and blitz me,” Manning said. “Try and...well, whatever it is, it won't work.”

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by rainierjef View Post
                I am surprised no one has said, shut up and play yet. I am pretty sure if it was Osi this thread would be 10 pages long now, or Tuck.
                Because he can back it up

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by rainierjef View Post
                  I am surprised no one has said, shut up and play yet. I am pretty sure if it was Osi this thread would be 10 pages long now, or Tuck.
                  You have to admit that JPP seems to have been the only motivated DE for a few weeks. Let's face it, this crap doesn't translate into anything meaningful on the field. If RGIII sees a lane, he's going to take it no matter where it is.

                  HOWEVER, I found it very interesting that Fewell played Kiwanuka with his hand in the dirt for all but one play at LB against the 49ers. I think his other snaps were evenly distributed between DE and DT and for the first time this season, we had a respectable DLine.
                  “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                    and rightfully so.
                    I gotta disagree rudster and here's why.

                    We all know, and this has been public knowledge for some time now that Osi is a speed rusher, he gets to the QB and strips the ball. Is he a run stopper? No! not built for it with his technique and style of play. Tuck on the other hand, by all purposes of the meaning an all around DE, stops the run, applies pressure with technique, power and sometimes speed against slower tackles.

                    With the limited pressure up the middle by our DT's, forcing the QB back into Osi's strike zone, his line to the QB is shortened. Often he has to in cut on some of his rushes, to make up for the time lost by curving the rush with straight speed. Couple with the fact that he's too is getting chipped and double blocked. As we saw with the eagles game, while it might look like Osi over shot the Rush, look at where the QB was in the pocket ( in terms of yards away fromthe line of scrimmage.) I am certain if the QB was forced back some extra yards it would of closed off his lanes and Osi with the speed would of forced hime to tuck's side or got the sack. I say this becuase i feel while the numbers tell a different story, i think Osi and Tuck are still dominant DE's in this league, but in order to do the DE's job in a 4-3 scheme you need pressure up the middle as well or at least collapse the pocket, close off as many gaps or pick up as many double teams as possible. Kuhn's not doing it, Austin's not doing it, Joseph has been great but not consistent, Bernard has been surprising but also not consistent and injuered.

                    I agree as well that sometimes you gotta suck it up and beat your personal assignements, no excuses; but I feel that the lack of pressure up the middle is a catalysis as to why the DE's have looked dissmal to date, in comparison to last year. I think we need to re-eval once Canty returns to see if it is infact a DE issue versus a D-Line issue.

                    srry for the extended explanation.

                    Retweeted by Rueben Randle
                    @Katdaddyjay 17h
                    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
                    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                      You have to admit that JPP seems to have been the only motivated DE for a few weeks. Let's face it, this crap doesn't translate into anything meaningful on the field. If RGIII sees a lane, he's going to take it no matter where it is.

                      HOWEVER, I found it very interesting that Fewell played Kiwanuka with his hand in the dirt for all but one play at LB against the 49ers. I think his other snaps were evenly distributed between DE and DT and for the first time this season, we had a respectable DLine.
                      I hear ya RF as well as Tracy.

                      JPP has been a constant motor on the line, I guess what I am saying is. Osi might need middle pressure to force the QB back into his strike zone, and Tuck might need middle pressure to take the extra blocker off him so he can win his one on one battles, as with JPP he can win some of the times in any situation. I contribute some of that as well to youth, injuries take a toll after time and while I don't want to rely much on excuses, its documented Osi and Tuck's injury history.

                      I'll say this with mobile QB's Osi needs towarm the bench a little until 2nd or 3rd and longs. Interesting that Kiwi got more time at DE like you mentioned, I believe we now have the LB core to support him doing this.

                      Retweeted by Rueben Randle
                      @Katdaddyjay 17h
                      @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
                      http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Gotta love the attitude. Nothing wrong with some passion. I think RGIII is a great talent, and will be a great player in this league for many years to come. BUT there is no excuse plausible any Giants coach or fan can come up with to explain a ROOKIE beating the defending super bowl champions. This kid is going from throwing on 1 potential pro talent every other week to throwing against a team full of proven champions. I would like to see the others on the defense follow suit and dominate this game.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by rainierjef View Post
                          I gotta disagree rudster and here's why.

                          We all know, and this has been public knowledge for some time now that Osi is a speed rusher, he gets to the QB and strips the ball. Is he a run stopper? No! not built for it with his technique and style of play. Tuck on the other hand, by all purposes of the meaning an all around DE, stops the run, applies pressure with technique, power and sometimes speed against slower tackles.

                          With the limited pressure up the middle by our DT's, forcing the QB back into Osi's strike zone, his line to the QB is shortened. Often he has to in cut on some of his rushes, to make up for the time lost by curving the rush with straight speed. Couple with the fact that he's too is getting chipped and double blocked. As we saw with the eagles game, while it might look like Osi over shot the Rush, look at where the QB was in the pocket ( in terms of yards away fromthe line of scrimmage.) I am certain if the QB was forced back some extra yards it would of closed off his lanes and Osi with the speed would of forced hime to tuck's side or got the sack. I say this becuase i feel while the numbers tell a different story, i think Osi and Tuck are still dominant DE's in this league, but in order to do the DE's job in a 4-3 scheme you need pressure up the middle as well or at least collapse the pocket, close off as many gaps or pick up as many double teams as possible. Kuhn's not doing it, Austin's not doing it, Joseph has been great but not consistent, Bernard has been surprising but also not consistent and injuered.

                          I agree as well that sometimes you gotta suck it up and beat your personal assignements, no excuses; but I feel that the lack of pressure up the middle is a catalysis as to why the DE's have looked dissmal to date, in comparison to last year. I think we need to re-eval once Canty returns to see if it is infact a DE issue versus a D-Line issue.

                          srry for the extended explanation.
                          That all is very true. But isn't it just a little bit strange that while the sack numbers aren't there, JPP can still get pressure? Osi ..well like you said is a speed rusher, but his technique isn't there at all. Then there's Tuck..I don't even know what's going on with him. He played better against the Niners, so I expect him to play up to par, but I'm not sure if I can blame the pressure up the middle effecting Tuck.

                          As a whole, I do agree that we need Canty back, then you'll see a change. But Tuck isn't Tuck..at all.
                          Mood: WOOF!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            In this division (and the league overall, that is gobbling up
                            rushing QB's), Osi's skill set is not going to be effective anymore.
                            We would be much better off to find another player like Kiwanuka.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I don't care much for talk, but JPP has earned the right to say just about anything he wants.

                              I just hope that RGIII doesn't take his advice!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X