These are not your Fathers NY Giants- These guys will put a whuppin on you

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These are not your Fathers NY Giants- These guys will put a whuppin on you

Coming off a World Championship the NY Giants turned over about 30% of its Championship roster to create
    no doubt the Leagues most powerful and dangerous team.

No longer content to eke out 3-6 point victories the Giants have now put the new pieces in place after
    a few shakedown games to totally dominate opponents.

Don't be surprised to see the enemy carnage continue and actually accelerate as the Giants move through the NFL's most
    difficult schedule.

Build the bridge baby.
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Talk about putting a whoopin'. . .

Not to dwell on the past, but you have GOT to take a close look at that long return Wilson had to start off the 2nd half vs. the 49'rs. Marvin Austin forms the left half of the right-side wedge, and just BURIES his man to give DW a runway to take-off from.

Not sure if this was spoken about on the boards, but watch Snappin's highlights for the definition of "Pancake".

Comment

easy now. Your ****iness will jinx us man.

Skins have beaten us 23-10 & 28-14 last 2 games.

Comment

Originally posted by fourth&forever View Post
          easy now. Your ****iness will jinx us man.

Skins have beaten us 23-10 & 28-14 last 2 games.
          That was last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
            That was last year.
            do we win a close one or handily?

Comment

do we win a close one or handily?
              Well I think we are going to score a lot more points than the last 2 times we've faced them. 34-21.

Comment

We turn the tide this yr with two huge wins
                Football has been very, very good to us.
                After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                4-New York Giants!!!
                5-NE
                Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Well I think we are going to score a lot more points than the last 2 times we've faced them. 34-21.
                  History has beaten me into a cautious fan. We typically play to the level of the opponent. I'm just not used to beating teams soundly. I love it but I don't expect it to continue.
                  But I think everyone can agree that we owe the skins a good kick in the teeth.

Comment

I stand by initial statement.......we have crossed the bridge and are now in uncharted tterritory........do not remember a Giants team this solid since the 86 team

It all started with the late year run in 2011........then rather than sit on their laurels the Giants have made deep changes to the 2012 roster
                    This team has it all.

There no longer are any weak points for opponents to exploit......only injuries can stop us now

The DBs are playing great, the LBers once a team weakness are now a powerful group....The D Line has awoken......the Oline has not let up but one sack in 5 games and is churning out 100 plus yd running performances now

We probably have the best passing and running games in the league...........Special teams are now special.....what more could you ask for?
                    Last edited by BParcells777; 10-19-2012, 09:21 PM.

Comment

History has beaten me into a cautious fan. We typically play to the level of the opponent. I'm just not used to beating teams soundly. I love it but I don't expect it to continue.
                      But I think everyone can agree that we owe the skins a good kick in the teeth.
                      Why don't you? We're finally healthy. It's ok to be cautious, but Eli and Co. won't let this happen again.

Comment

Why don't you? We're finally healthy. It's ok to be cautious, but Eli and Co. won't let this happen again.
                        I expect injuries to continue.
                        I expect nail biting games.
                        There is a very fine line between confidence and overconfidence.
                        I don't believe our players are overconfident, but the OP is.
                        Being favored usually works against us.
                        Underdog is where I'm comfortable.
                        The Giants have made me this way.

Comment

I totaly understand where you are coming from and if this were a normal Giants team I would be right there with you
                          but these guys are morphing in to a Giants team the likes of which we have rarely seen this early in the NFL season.

I like what I see, and I've never seen it before

Hopefully the injuries do not continue....we should be fully in football shape by now, also the 53 man depth means the next man up is often better than the incumbent.........so far this season injuries have forced us to put better players on the field than we started with........I give you the Oline for instance
                          It's weird

maybe the Mayans were right

Comment

It is very weird to see us with enough of a lead that our scrubs get playing time. I love it. Give our backups all the experience we can afford to. We will be relying on them at some point in the season.

Comment

Is it too early to start drinking the kool aid?
                              The Gigalo with the most below

Comment

Working...
                              X