Cruz or Nicks, for me it's easy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruz or Nicks, for me it's easy

If, for some awful reason we could only keep one of our two receivers, it'd be Cruz. Simply because Nicks is injury prone. Both guys have amazing talent and can kill defenses, but with Nicks' injury troubles, if we could only keep one, it'd be Cruz. If Nicks were 100%, our offense would be near unstoppable.

We will keep both, it would be stupid to let Harkeem and his sure hands go, or Salsa Cruz. They will get rid of some other overpaid starters first.
    sigpic <-NYG Fan "REALIST"

Comment

That's hard

Nicks- Physical recievr that can win against any corner on the line, great at catching in traffic, great blocker, and a deep threat

or

Cruz- Has a superior understanding of the offense and great chemistry with Eli, outstanding route runner, uncoverable in the slot, 3rd down machine, and one of the best deep threats in today's game..

One guy is an all around receiver while the other is an all around RECEIVER if you can understand what that means.

Comment

We could let Osi go if we needed the cap space.

Comment

Originally posted by gmenfan0488 View Post
          We could let Osi go if we needed the cap space.
          Osi's contract is up after this year

and I wouldn't want to be the one to make that decision. Both of them are such dynamic players that feed off each other. We need to do everything we can to keep them together

Comment

I really feel like Randle could step like Nicks eventually..... call me crazy.

I'd tend to say Cruz because I love his speed and finesse, but damn how much I just love the both of them.

Comment

We have to keep both. No question.

Comment

Thats a tough one, just because of the durability concerns for Nicks.. If Nicks wasen't injury prone, i'd go Nicks all day long, but he does, and for that reason i'd go with Cruz..

Comment

Keeping both...You guys realize how expensive that will be against the cap, right?

Comment

Its not even debateable. We keep Cruz 100%. He has game changin speed and agility something Nicks just doesnt have. They are the perfect complement for one another but Cruz needs to be a Giant for life.

Comment

Originally posted by VBGiantsFan View Post
                      Its not even debateable. We keep Cruz 100%. He has game changin speed and agility something Nicks just doesnt have. They are the perfect complement for one another but Cruz needs to be a Giant for life.
                      I agree. Want both, love Nicks, but Cruz and Eli are locked in. Did you hear the stat Aikman gave about Cruz leading the league the past coupla years in third down completions? Best slot receiver in the league.

Comment

I hope I'm wrong, but I think some other team is going to throw money at Hakeem that JR's not going to match.

And as far as extensions go, why would JR do something like that, when he doesn't know where Nicks will be physically?

Comment

Cruz is always there. He scores more and breaks more long plays. I definitely want both, and I hope we do all we can to keep them. If I had to choose 1 I'd say Cruz.
                          # 80 (For FBomb)

Comment

Cruz is a great slot receiver, can really cause some headaches!!!!

Comment

i despise these threads, Cruz is an RFA

it's like the only way to trash the team sometimes is to use the angle of HEY, MAYBE WE WILL RUN OUT OF MONEY, so be careful enjoying your heros

have you ever noticed everything changes from one week to the next in the NFL ???? ... looking past next week is stoopid, looking a year or more down the road is about as dumb as dumb gets

go be a bean counter on some biz web site

and either enjoy your Giants ... Super Bowl Champ Giants ...

or get a new hobby !!!!!
                              Apologize to Melo 5

Comment

Working...
                              X