Where do you see the future of Martellus Bennett going

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you see the future of Martellus Bennett going

I like the possibility of him signing with us long-term...I don't want him over Cruz nor Nicks however. I think he has more upside here than he did in Dallas and I also think he likes it here, since he is the #1 TE and can show off his wares....but will he sign with the Giants long-term?...will we sign him?

Granted the answer will lie with how he performs between now and the end of the season.

I get the feeling Reese will try to get it done before mid-December

Thoughts?

Right hereI hope
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

I hope we can get him on the cheap, if he is too much they have to let him walk, eli seems to be able to make any good blocking tight end into a dependable target, so long as they don't butter their fingers of course, so I wouldn't over spend on the position.

Comment

Originally posted by bebil10 View Post
        I hope we can get him on the cheap, if he is too much they have to let him walk, eli seems to be able to make any good blocking tight end into a dependable target, so long as they don't butter their fingers of course, so I wouldn't over spend on the position.
        I think you are right as far as not overspending, we just cant afford it but Eli can make a dependable target out of a blocker, ala Pascoe, Boss.. But never has he been able to do the things with those guys he has with Bennett, hell he wasn't hitting Shockey for the kind of gains as Martellus.

Plus that beard is Deadly, him and Joseph. As well as the best QB, HC nad possible WR corps, we have the two best beards in the whole damn league.

Comment

I like Bennett. I think given more time in the system he could develop into something better than Boss or Ballard could have ever been. He's a good blocker too.

Comment

i think Bennett will be signed to a long term contract! hes a great t-end!
            sigpic

Comment

I love Bennett but I really think we are going to have a hard time signing him with his play this year a lot of teams are going to bait him with a big contract.
              sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
                I love Bennett but I really think we are going to have a hard time signing him with his play this year a lot of teams are going to bait him with a big contract.
                We really can't make any educated guesses since we have no idea who Reese is or may be willing to let go.
                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

HAVE to lock him up... Nicks injuries are helping us with his contract... his price will come down a little but he will still get PAID

Need to lock up Nicks & Cruz ASAP
                  "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                    We really can't make any educated guesses since we have no idea who Reese is or may be willing to let go.
                    very true.
                    sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Comment

you gotta resign him. i could see us franchising him maybe.
                      i get thatr eli can make players outta anyone. but bennett is a TREMENDOUS blocker. and he is virtually a wr in the passing game. i've been this guys biggest supporter before day 1, id hate if we let him walk...him, nicks n cruz should be the 3 MUST re-signs bc thats a trio that can beat up on every defense

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                        He'll be letting Osi go I bet...rather...he won't bother to re-sign him...I think the writing is on the wall for Da'rell Scott as well as Jerrell Jernigan, David Diehl (even though I have appreciated his presence on the team since his rookie season) and don't look now but Corey Webster could be playing his last season....shhhhhh....i didnt say that

Comment

He's going where the money is, we just borrowed him from somebody else for the year.

Comment

I envision his number being retired and him making a trip to Canton

Comment

I think we have to sign him. Who else do we have? Pascoe? (LOL) Beckum (even more LOL). Unless we know Adrien Robinson is something special we need to resign him.

Comment

Working...
                              X