X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cofield's quote...

Love this!

"THE NEW ‘MONTANA’
    The Redskins’ Barry Cofield knows Manning’s capabilities well. The defensive tackle was a Giant from 2006-10, but Cofield said he’s even more impressed by Manning now. “Eli is like Joe Montana right now,” Cofield said. “When I was here, he was good, showing flashes, he’s exceptional right now. He’s got nerves of steel. To beat this team you are gonna have to bury him, then you have to put the dirt on top of him and then put the cement on top of him and then watch it dry. Anything short of that they are still in the game.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz2A1tElF5k

Chris

Too funny ... and totally true.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

We should start Carr.

Comment

yea Barry already knows what other outsiders are seeing 1st hand!

make 'em all sweat Eli!
        sigpic

Comment

i miss barry's taser dance

Comment

So far I've talked to Redskins, Dallas, Jets and Steelers fans today about yesterday's game and they ALL said "thats just too much time - you CANT leave Eli that much time"

Yeah we know it - but now fans of all other teams are coming around and accepting this as fact.

Comment

I miss you Cofield! Loved you as a Giant!

Comment

Originally posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
                So far I've talked to Redskins, Dallas, Jets and Steelers fans today about yesterday's game and they ALL said "thats just too much time - you CANT leave Eli that much time"

Yeah we know it - but now fans of all other teams are coming around and accepting this as fact.
                1:32 with 3 timeouts as well......Thats like all day.....lol
                "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by chizz View Post
                  i miss barry's taser dance
                  Twas tasteful, Tis missed.

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                    You know, when they scored that TD with that time left I was calm and just said "wow, that was a mistake. Too much time for Eli to tear this D apart and get the win".

Calm cool and collective Eli once again brings the Giants back in the 4th. Gotta love it!

Comment

The man always speaks the truth. He has been a big upgrade for the Deadskins.

Comment

great quote.

i loved cofield when he was with the g-men. nice showing of respect

Comment

That game had me on edge man! I thought we sealed the deal when we recovered that fumble, only to see an INT 7 seconds later. My heart dropped. I know if they scored and left enough time on the clock, Eli could bring us back! Damn did he bring us back!

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                            I know right. I was actually worried we scored to quick. lol. and my son is like DAD what do you want them to do run down the clock to zero and maybe not score, you take it when its THERE... Wow words of wisdom from my son. He just doesnt realize how long I have been watching Gmen football and have seen it all...lol
                            Football has been very, very good to us.
                            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                            But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                            2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                            3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                            4-New York Giants!!!
                            5-NE
                            Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

And Cofield is exactly right about Eli. If you beat him all game and either force him to make mistakes or he makes them himself. He is never totally out of it. if you leave him any window of opportunity he will make you pay for it.

And as far as barry he is another former giant that has done well for himself on another team. Has not been to many of them that have left and did good. Most just fade away. How did barry do yesterday. what was his stat line.

Also another guy i think will be okay is MM. He has fit in well for SF
                              Football has been very, very good to us.
                              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                              But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                              2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                              3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                              4-New York Giants!!!
                              5-NE
                              Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Working...
                              X