"Listen to me son...." We are in the middle of a "hallowed era"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Listen to me son...." We are in the middle of a "hallowed era"

Let's forget the bemoaning Gilbride and coaching and lack of a running game. We are 5-2 and we're having a fine run the past number of years. The years before Parcells are before my time and I don't have a lot of memories. But to my way of thinking this is what I see:

1. A great Giants dynasty going back to early NFL championships before my time- a storied history of our team and the Mara's.

2. The hallowed years of Parcells which almost everyone one of us recalls with pride.

3. We are in the next "hallowed time" of Big Blue. I told my son, Angelo, "This is a great Giants team and we're having a good run with a future HOF quarterback, someday you'll grow up and talk about it, because sure as the sun rising, someday this team will have a downturn and a fair QB and you can look back and say "Wow, when I was a kid, the Giants were great under Eli Manning." "

So I'd suggest enjoying this team now because we just might be living in the middle of one of those rare "hallowed" eras under TC.
    Just when I don't think it can get any worse, I think of you Ray. I have been to the abyss....thank you for helping me stay positive.

nice post....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Absolutely.
      I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

All good things must come to an end. In the meantime, what a ride.

When the Redskins scored to take the lead with a minute and a half to go, it was just a matter of how.

Comment

Thank you folks. The reason this came up was because yesterday my son said "Dad the Giants suck!!" I do believe we are a great team and a great organization as much as we can find things to nitpick about. My love for this team is great the past few years and I don't think we could ask for much more. When you're feeling down, imagine being an Eagles or Cowboys fan. That oughta perk you up right quick. : )
          Just when I don't think it can get any worse, I think of you Ray. I have been to the abyss....thank you for helping me stay positive.

Comment

I might be in the minority, but I am fully confident that Jerry Reese will still have a good team on the field when Eli is gone

Comment

Yep you are correct....we need to enjoy these times...I know I am....yeeeeehaaaaaw low ve this team!

Comment

Originally posted by Imgrate View Post
                I might be in the minority, but I am fully confident that Jerry Reese will still have a good team on the field when Eli is gone
                Guys like Eli don't come along very often. In fact, the best thing that ever happened to the Colts may have been Peyton missing the whole season last year affording them the 1st over all pick, in a year that most experts say had the best QB to come out of the draft in 30 years.

If Peyton doesn't get hurt and plays there through his retirement, even in his last year they probably win 8 games or so, not getting them anywhere close in the draft to get them one of these "stud" QB's that go at the top of the draft. Thus setting the Colts on the hunt to find the next guy the hard way.

So as good as Jerry is, you also have to end up in the right spot in the draft at the right year. And of coarse the scouts have to be right and the drafted player has to pan out. It could take decades before a team finds it's next true stud franchise QB. It tooks us 10 years to go from Simms to Eli. Fortunately, Kerry Collins fell in our lap and sobered up and resurected his career or that decade would have been much worse.

Comment

here here

it's good that some actually get it

i woulda signed for 5-2 thru 7

and if we beat Dallas then we are 100% on schedule
                  Apologize to Melo 5

Comment

Son, I am disappoint
                    Attached Files

Comment

Sorta like Tom Brady?
                      Do not feed the trolls.

Comment

I can't wait to tell my kids one day about this team. Bragging about the days of Eli, Osi, Tuck, Cruz, Nicks, Bradshaw, JPP, etc, etc.

I just can't believe the era we're in. Growing up in the woeful 90s, I thought the days of Collins, Tiki, and Strahan were great. I had no idea this was coming...

Comment

Originally posted by btbrennan View Post
                          I can't wait to tell my kids one day about this team. Bragging about the days of Eli, Osi, Tuck, Cruz, Nicks, Bradshaw, JPP, etc, etc.

I just can't believe the era we're in. Growing up in the woeful 90s, I thought the days of Collins, Tiki, and Strahan were great. I had no idea this was coming...
                          I would add in there BJ, Snee and Feagles. Anyone else? BJ was a force when healthy and embodied a lot of the fight this team has.

Comment

I don't even remember the Parcells era! I'm 21 and didn't start watching football until I was about 14 (Eli's sophomore season). So I've only known success for our team. I'm definitely enjoying all of this.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueOnes View Post
                              Thank you folks. The reason this came up was because yesterday my son said "Dad the Giants suck!!"
                              You need to find out who is corrupting your son and telling him the Giants suck -- and teach him to think, you can surely rattle off a hundred reasons why they do not suck.
                              8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

Working...
                              X