Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else seeing Eli's accuracy problem?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody else seeing Eli's accuracy problem?

Saw it during 49' ers game...sialing passes..( damn near got cruz killed )..and quite a bit yesterday in the Skins game...Clutch QB, no doubt...and he has given us many great games..but..lately...and please dont jump on "hey hater" I'm not...just see what I see.. and to me..I gotta think its showing on the film when Gilbride is viewing..so...until it gets coreected, which of course it can be...get more running plays in there..and if that means getting O-Line focused more on Run..then so be it..We couldn't open any decent holes for any back yesterday.

Seems like we can't get all psistons firing at once, and we will need this design going into the later half of the season..

Glad we won..but..man..we barely got out of that one...

hey hater..

Kidding, but I agree. He was throwing crazy at times yesterday. I don't think he and the receivers are on the same page. I know on his first INT yesterday Martellus stopped running his route and the DB got the pick. I'm not sure if Eli was anticipating him going up to get it, but it's a communication thing. I'm positive that they will get their timing fixed.
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

63.8 completion percentage.

that is very good. In fact as of right now, it's better then any of his previous seasons

Your not gonna make every throw.
      "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

Comment

Mechanics ... he'll get it under control.

One of the (many) great things about Eli ... it doesn't stop him from being clutch.
        I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by Razur View Post
          Saw it during 49' ers game...sialing passes..( damn near got cruz killed )..and quite a bit yesterday in the Skins game...Clutch QB, no doubt...and he has given us many great games..but..lately...and please dont jump on "hey hater" I'm not...just see what I see.. and to me..I gotta think its showing on the film when Gilbride is viewing..so...until it gets coreected, which of course it can be...get more running plays in there..and if that means getting O-Line focused more on Run..then so be it..We couldn't open any decent holes for any back yesterday.

Seems like we can't get all psistons firing at once, and we will need this design going into the later half of the season..

Glad we won..but..man..we barely got out of that one...
          In general ...No.
          Yesterday....Yes.

Had a tough day yesterday and no one on earth could know what he was thinking on that last pick.
          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Agreed! Has to be something in routes too...ok...like I said i know he's one of the best...his working with his receivers in the class..is legend..so I'm hoping this is gonna get fixed fast...thanks!!!

Comment

The 77yard td didn't look at all like they were on they same page, Eli can have bad throws, what matters is his mental errors. Either way, I'm confident when he's in the game Giants will win.

Comment

i dont think the ball was feeling right in his hand yesterday ... 1st chilly day ... ball gets harder and slicker ... little bit of wind, but nothing to worry about going forward ... he's obviously played many games in far colder weather ... ie GB in '07 and he was great

and you'll probably laugh at this one, but when he threw the really, really bad INT right to that LB ... well you had a mix of sunlight and shade on the field ... big 'ole LB got lost in the shadows

i got your back Eli ! ... just keep the magic coming
                Apologize to Melo 5

Comment

Eli did not have his best game yesterday, but I don't see a continuing "accuracy problem" as you put it . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                    Mechanics ... he'll get it under control.

One of the (many) great things about Eli ... it doesn't stop him from being clutch.
                    yes i have noticed it this year. he needs to work on it and get it under control. i mean most of these were without pressure
                    Football has been very, very good to us.
                    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                    4-New York Giants!!!
                    5-NE
                    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

The fact that he has the completion rate that he does in the most complex offense in the entire NFL is staggering to be honest...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by GMan-67 View Post
                        i dont think the ball was feeling right in his hand yesterday ... 1st chilly day ... ball gets harder and slicker ... little bit of wind, but nothing to worry about going forward ... he's obviously played many games in far colder weather ... ie GB in '07 and he was great

and you'll probably laugh at this one, but when he threw the really, really bad INT right to that LB ... well you had a mix of sunlight and shade on the field ... big 'ole LB got lost in the shadows

i got your back Eli ! ... just keep the magic coming
                        The question isn't whether or not he could see the defender. The question is how could he see the receiver with the defender standing right in front of him.
                        Lets not get crazy here. The defender was 25 feet or so away.

Comment

2 games I wouldnt consider it a problem. A little off for sure....
                          "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                            2 games I wouldnt consider it a problem. A little off for sure....
                            After a hot start (well starting with the TB game) Eli seems to be in a tiny slump. He wasn't especially good last week. (threw what would have been a horrific pick at the goalline that the defender dropped) and yesterday was way off all day.
                            Of course he did make the great throw to win the game. We won both games so its no big deal. Lets hope he comes out hot in Dallas.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                              In general ...No.
                              Yesterday....Yes.

Had a tough day yesterday and no one on earth could know what he was thinking on that last pick.
                              I agree. Yesterday he was pretty bad but that last int was a brain fart and not an accuracy thing.

Now, when the coaching staff dials up 75% passes while they know Eli was having a rough day, that makes me rage a little bit.

Comment

Working...
                              X