Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Think Panthers may want Marc Ross

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Think Panthers may want Marc Ross

    Would be a big loss to the organization. Far bigger than any FA they have lost recently.

    Thoughts?

  • #2
    On the surface I would agree, but just like the team "Next man up".

    Comment


    • #3
      Well hes the man right under Reese, so he would be a big loss. Hopefully Reese has a plan worked out for his replacement. I'm sure Ross was letting Reese know he was thinking about leaving and hopefully they started getting some other person on our staff up to speed! I think we will be okay, Reese is still here, he might have to do more work this next off season until he gets someone up to speed though..

      Comment


      • #4
        It would be a huge loss for sure, but is that a desireable job (at least as far as NFL GM joobs go)? It sounds like the owner is a real pain in the ***. . . . .

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
          It would be a huge loss for sure, but is that a desireable job (at least as far as NFL GM joobs go)? It sounds like the owner is a real pain in the ***. . . . .
          Every GM or head coach job is desirable. There are only 32 of those available. You get a chance you have to take it

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
            Would be a big loss to the organization. Far bigger than any FA they have lost recently.

            Thoughts?
            Ross is a Reese disciple.

            Reese will find another one. I like Marc Ross, but I'd be more worried about losing Reese and having Ross as our GM, then Ross going to be GM on another team.

            That's not a reflection of Marc Ross ... just that I don't think he's the lynch pin around which all of our successful drafting revolves around.
            I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

            Comment


            • #7
              Just saw your tweet to mike haha

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                Every GM or head coach job is desirable. There are only 32 of those available. You get a chance you have to take it
                Yeah, I guess . . . . . but if he's that much of a shining star, I'd have to think there might be some better opportunities for him at the end of the season. Taking a bad job and failing because of a bad situation could make it impossible to ever get another job.

                In any event, whether it's this job or another, he's not going to be around long . . . . .

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
                  Yeah, I guess . . . . . but if he's that much of a shining star, I'd have to think there might be some better opportunities for him at the end of the season. Taking a bad job and failing because of a bad situation could make it impossible to ever get another job.

                  In any event, whether it's this job or another, he's not going to be around long . . . . .
                  Very few people have the poise (or the total balls) to turn down a GM job in the NFL (especially given if that's your career track, which in Ross' case it is).

                  And in most circumstances, turning down a GM (or HC) job offer is detrimental to your career. Billionaires don't like to feel slighted and they tend to be a tight knit group.
                  I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                    Every GM or head coach job is desirable. There are only 32 of those available. You get a chance you have to take it
                    actually their are only 31 of those available, Dallas does not have one.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                      Very few people have the poise (or the total balls) to turn down a GM job in the NFL (especially given if that's your career track, which in Ross' case it is).

                      And in most circumstances, turning down a GM (or HC) job offer is detrimental to your career. Billionaires don't like to feel slighted and they tend to be a tight knit group.
                      That's not true at all. Just like any job promotions you pick and choose what you feel is the best choice for yourself. Just cause a guy turns down a job offer doesn't mean he will be blackballed from the owners over it. It's not like Mark Ross is out of the job and is looking for any type of employment. He could wait and see if there is better offers down the road, cause as we all know there will be more job openings in the future.

                      Giants fan since the early 80s

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                        Would be a big loss to the organization. Far bigger than any FA they have lost recently.

                        Thoughts?
                        Im surprised we havent lost him already to be honest

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ny06 View Post
                          That's not true at all. Just like any job promotions you pick and choose what you feel is the best choice for yourself. Just cause a guy turns down a job offer doesn't mean he will be blackballed from the owners over it. It's not like Mark Ross is out of the job and is looking for any type of employment. He could wait and see if there is better offers down the road, cause as we all know there will be more job openings in the future.
                          Think about what you're saying.

                          It's the same as a VP turning down the CEO position of a Fortune 50 company because he doesn't like how far down the 50 list they are. It just doesn't happen (generally speaking).

                          Not saying he will or won't turn them down, but if offered the job, will most likely take it.

                          And yes, turning down those positions can (not always) effect the offers you get later on in the NFL.
                          I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                            Im surprised we havent lost him already to be honest
                            This.
                            I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              There's more to being a GM than college scouting. I do think Ross could make a good one though.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X