Did our Defense make RG3 look great

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did our Defense make RG3 look great

I am not taking anything away from him and he looks to be the real thing but..... it doesnt help that the giants allowed Morris to drag tacklers for extra couple of yards or ran through wide open holes. We didnt put RG3 in too many bad positions, which helps his cause. Most of the play action smoke and mirror stuff had giants defenders get faked out of there pants and couldn't locate the ball, half the time RG3 wasn't even concealing the ball that much or selling the fake that much. If our guys stayed home a little better and or tackled better and played the run maybe he wouldnt have looked so well.

I do think he will be real good thou.
    PS the giants Defense has made a lot of qbs look good.

The gimmicks might have ****ed us over and Alfred Morris really gave us a punch. I think their ability to run let RGIII really have a good game. All in all though, the Giants still had a good game.

I think we just need to work on playing RGIII on the run.

Comment

when a team has a good day it is usually a combo of both the D playing subpar and the opposing O doing well. The Giants D came up with big plays when they needed them and did hold Morris in the 2nd half.
      I think RG3 is new and not much film yet but he had a very good day. I credit him more with a good day then the Giants D being poor.
      "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Giants game plan didnt make sense. I didnt watch the game again yet but it looked like a lot of 2 gaping which makes no sense with are front 4 that is predicated on pressure. I hate when the Giants play read and react they should be attacking like they did in the 2nd half

Comment

I said before the game that we'll win if we made RG3 a pocket passer. The Redskins did a great job running the ball yesterday that eventually set up pass.

I think next time we play, we gotta jump out to an early lead so Washington will pass the ball more. I rather see RG3 pass than run..

Comment

Originally posted by sheepdip View Post
            I am not taking anything away from him and he looks to be the real thing but..... it doesnt help that the giants allowed Morris to drag tacklers for extra couple of yards or ran through wide open holes. We didnt put RG3 in too many bad positions, which helps his cause. Most of the play action smoke and mirror stuff had giants defenders get faked out of there pants and couldn't locate the ball, half the time RG3 wasn't even concealing the ball that much or selling the fake that much. If our guys stayed home a little better and or tackled better and played the run maybe he wouldnt have looked so well.

No RG3 is real good and he is young so he will get faster. Then when he starts to get in his 30s, he might slow down. He is that good until we get some defenders who can run with him. He did very good but the defense still held him under 30 points. No defense is going to stop some players cause some players may be real fast and agile for our players. Note that when RG3 runs, there are not that many defenders around him and the ones who are free are not fast enough to get him. Don't worry about the guys on our defense cause they are good. Yet there are offense that are able to match our defense. MR RG3 is one of the big time weapons and hopefyll they don't get too many.

Comment

You do realize that 23 points is the second fewest scored by the Redskins this year, right? (the first being 17 points against Atlanta who also has a really good D).

Our defense gives me fits at times, but considering their run under RGIII, we did pretty good apparently.
              I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                Giants game plan didnt make sense. I didnt watch the game again yet but it looked like a lot of 2 gaping which makes no sense with are front 4 that is predicated on pressure. I hate when the Giants play read and react they should be attacking like they did in the 2nd half
                Considering Shanahan's pension for zone block run plays, I'm surprised we didn't run blitz more.
                I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                  Considering Shanahan's pension for zone block run plays, I'm surprised we didn't run blitz more.
                  In the 2nd half they stopped with the 2 gapping and besides that 1 TD drive really beat up the Skins offense.

Comment

They're a top rated offense so it hasn't been just our defense that they've had success against. They had a perfect redzone record going into the game (all touchdowns), so in actuality we did a very good job of keeping them out of the endzone. We've given up a lot of yards, but are giving up less than 20 pts a game and creating a lot of turnovers. Not bad!

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                      In the 2nd half they stopped with the 2 gapping and besides that 1 TD drive really beat up the Skins offense.
                      Not sure I'd have said "beat up". The turnover-fest in the 3rd quarter seemed to derail both offenses.

Comment

RG III made RG III look good. The kid is a heck of a player. We have a bend and don't break defense, which creates a lot of turnovers, tho our run d could be better.

Comment

Well at least they seemed to make adjustments in the second half. I think not having Williams hurt as well. They should probably have had Rivers play the entire game.

Comment

Originally posted by sheepdip View Post

While RG3 is a great athlete, we must remember that the same D made the likes of Rex Grossman, Vince Young, What's-his-name-in Seattle look like RG3

Comment

RG3 is an athelete..and good player..we have to contend with him for next few yrs..on the same side our run D was horrible as well..but i expect to see a big improvement in the next matchup

Comment

Working...
                              X