Lets not get carried away with RG3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets not get carried away with RG3

Yes, he looks like Vick with a throwing arm, faster and younger. But, with time, defenses will start to figure him out like they always do and sooner or latter, the hits he's going to take will add up like a Cash register and take its toll. It happened to Vick and the rest of the scramblers and it will happen to him!
    Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

I agree.....
    sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Comment

I disagree, Vick is a great athlete that plays qb, Griffin in a qb that is athletic. I think he will end up being more in the Steve Young area.

Comment

Griffin will get hurt. His frame will take him out.

Comment

I think he will be one of the best, because unlike Vick & Newton he has a brain and uses it. That being said... the reason he looks as good as he does right now is the OL for the skins. When you have a running game like they do, the QB postion is a lot easier, and the QB looks a lot better than he is. Look at Sanchez with the Jets. When they were running, he was good. Now that they aren't, not so much.

I'm not saying RGIII won't be good to very good, but the OL makes a huge difference.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfie View Post
            I think he will be one of the best, because unlike Vick & Newton he has a brain and uses it. That being said... the reason he looks as good as he does right now is the OL for the skins. When you have a running game like they do, the QB postion is a lot easier, and the QB looks a lot better than he is. Look at Sanchez with the Jets. When they were running, he was good. Now that they aren't, not so much.

I'm not saying RGIII won't be good to very good, but the OL makes a huge difference.
            You sir are correct, he is very intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfam04 View Post
              You sir are correct, he is very intelligent.
              THIS is what makes him more dangerous than Vick/Newton

Comment

He's a gimmick... Like all other gimmicky QBs in the NFL, the D will scheme against them and their bodies will not be able to handle the toll... My litmus test for a QB like him; Prove you can play at a top level for an entire season, prove you can stay a top QB for 3 seasons, prove you can win on the road late in the year, prove you can lead your team back late in the 4th on more than 1 occasion, prove you can win a big game/playoff game. Until you're able to do this you will NOT be considered to be in the top tier in my book. Until this happens he is just Bob Griffen...

Comment

Thanks... maybe you'd like to talk to my wife.

Comment

Didn't know you can just "figure out" exceptional speed, athleticism, accuracy and brains! Vick only has 3 of the 4 and our defense has yet to figure him out enough to pull out a victory since he's been in Philly!!

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboomboom1 View Post
                      He's a gimmick... Like all other gimmicky QBs in the NFL, the D will scheme against them and their bodies will not be able to handle the toll... My litmus test for a QB like him; Prove you can play at a top level for an entire season, prove you can stay a top QB for 3 seasons, prove you can win on the road late in the year, prove you can lead your team back late in the 4th on more than 1 occasion, prove you can win a big game/playoff game. Until you're able to do this you will NOT be considered to be in the top tier in my book. Until this happens he is just Bob Griffen...
                      In time he will, he did bring the skins back in the 4th on the road against the champs. For a rookie that's impressive, if that's not enough look at that 4th down play he made. Vick and Newton would pull it down and run, the guys eyes remain down field and not on the rush. He looks to pass first and run second.

Comment

the redskins are running a college read-option offense in the nfl. there's a good reason that no other team uses that as their primary offense, it won't work over the long haul due to the higher level of athleticism of nfl defenses. while there is no doubt rg3 has the tools to be successful, just wait for teams to have a full season of game tape on him and a full off season to game plan for it. look at the struggles newton is having in his second year after setting records as a rookie.
                        ELI + TE = ELITE

Comment

definitely think he has the advantage over vick and newton in being the smarter player. id still be worried about him getting hurt though.

he's a very talented player but we have had hype liek this for vick and cam before so i will hold off on crowning him just yet.

Comment

No No No - you have it all wrong - get carried away - anoint him the greatest rookie QB of all time - That he will lead the skins to superbowls galore. Our lowly giants can only hope to play against him and our led footed eli should kiss the feet of the new king. We are lucky to be in his presence. Lucky to have beaten him. Lucky to have won 2 in the last 5 years -Coughlin cares nothing about fan rhetoric, back pages, analysts who know nothing, overhyped talent, me first players, records, TALK IS CHEAP - PLAY THE GAME. Oh and of course thank you to guys like cam, vick, rogers mathews rg3 desean Brady and all those ACTUALLY talented players who have let us come into their houses (save for the eagles) bust in their doors and LET US win. Rg3 you are the king - eli you lowly piece of crap you'll just have to keep hoping these guys let you keep winning - you talentless freak. TO RG3 - THE KING.

Comment

The college offense scheme they run right now will get figured out, but he is smart enough to evolve unlike Vick or Newton.
                              WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Working...
                              X