hate to admit it but tuck and webster have lost a step

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hate to admit it but tuck and webster have lost a step

tuck's having another subpar season and webster, who was never a lockdown corner, is getting torched all year long.

guys like nicks, JPP, and cruz need new contracts and for the money tuck is being paid and the production he's giving, it's not worth it.

imo giants need to invest in another DE sooner rather than later

I thought Tuck had a good game yesterday.

Comment

I'm not really worried about Tuck yet, did you notice how much better he played with Canty playing? He didn't have to play DT as much plus I'm more concerned with Osi than Tuck. Osi is just horrible right now. Now Webby's another story, he was getting burned by a TE. I know he has the hand issue and a hammy problem but they need to either start playing Hosley more or give that guy some help.

Comment

They are both off to slow starts, but seem to be coming around.

Comment

Canty is definitely an improvement on our o-line. Tuck does better lined up next to him. He might not have THAT much left, but definitely enough for this season.

I think we should part ways with webby after this season (or at least relegate him to nickel if we dont pick up a stud CB in the draft). Prince and Hosley deserve to start together. THAT said, Hosley got burned hard by santana freaking moss of all people last week. First time I've heard his name called in a negative light though, and considering he's a 3rd round rookie, that's not bad at all.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
            I thought Tuck had a good game yesterday.
            yeah, he got sack #1 on game #7

Comment

Webster has a bad habit of watching the backfield instead of his guy. I dont think it has anything to do with him being physically slowed, just think its mental.

But that is typical Webster, his entire career has had times where he loses confidence and just cant seem to put it together for quite some time.

Comment

Originally posted by blueNorange View Post
                yeah, he got sack #1 on game #7
                Tuck usually is not a sack guy except for one season. I think it was his rookie season.
                sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
                  Tuck usually is not a sack guy except for one season. I think it was his rookie season.
                  Tuck has 3 seasons with 10 or more sacks.

Comment

he isn't worth the money, all i'm saying is that justin tuck shouldn't be the reason why nicks, cruz, or JPP can't get a big contract extension

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                      Tuck has 3 seasons with 10 or more sacks.
                      Yep your right but it is not uncommon for tuck to not to have a ten sack season either. He's is still opening things for others and the fact the other offenses still gameplan for the whole defensive line must mean that he still can play.

Comment

Well they better find it before the next game! Check the locker?
                        Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

he isn't worth the money, all i'm saying is that justin tuck shouldn't be the reason why nicks, cruz, or JPP can't get a big contract extension
                          What are you talking about?? He is still a beast against the run he has 26 tackles already this season when all of last year he had 37 let's let the rest of the season play out before we say let him go.

Comment

Tuck's contract expires after next season. Just in time for JPP to get a contract.

I still think he may retire. Dont think his body is what it once was.

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                              Tuck's contract expires after next season. Just in time for JPP to get a contract.

I still think he may retire. Dont think his body is what it once was.
                              i didn't want to explain 100% this thread but it wasn't just for tuck. it's guys like osi, canty, baas, snee, webster, etc

lots of guys are going to have be cut because eli manning, jason pierre paul, hakeem nicks, and victor cruz mus be intact, they're are the core 4

Comment

Working...
                              X