Mannigham or hixon?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mannigham or hixon?

Who would you rather have? At the start of the season I would have went with Manningham but IDK anymore...Hixon looks great, Manningham was better after the catch and a bigger deep threat but Hixon is a solid as it gets....So who would you rather have and why?

I'll take Hixon because Eli is throwing to him

Comment

Hixon runs better routes!

Comment

I'd take Mario. More explosive down the field and has better short area quickness. I like Hixon's hands more but Mario compliments Nicks and Cruz better.

Nicks, Cruz and Mario all brought different attributes to the receiving corps.
        "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

I'll go with Hixon just bc his routes are more crisp.

Comment

Hixon makes some pretty nice catches. He seems to drop it less than manningham did

Comment

Rio though I like Hixon
              sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Comment

Hixon

Imo his speed is not that off from Manningham. Mario just had more opportunities then Hixon when Hixon was the deep threat pre ACL tear

Comment

Domenik Hixon is # 43 on the NFL list of receivers and Mario Manningham is # 74. I'd put the numbers up but it never seems to line up right when I do it, but here's the link:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...ECEIVING_YARDS
                  “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Tough call, especially with what Mario did in the SB, but I'd have to take Hixon. There is no question he runs better routes and he makes some tough catches. With a healthy Nicks and Cruz on the field, whoever is playing in that position is going to get opportunities to catch some balls. We all heard Belichick on the sideline during the SB replay on NFLN tell his defense we have to stop Cruz and Nicks-those are the guys. Then who makes the big catch? Manningham. You can't take that away from Mario, but if Hixon can stay healthy I think he can get the job done.

Comment

Hixon was better before shredding his acl twice. I'd choose Mario now, but not for the money he's making.

Comment

Hixon any day. Man fights for everything. He knows how to run routes, and he has a fire that, honestly, manningham doesn't have.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

I have always been a big fan of Hixon. I am really happy for him that he has been able to bounce back so strongly. MM has more natural talent as a wide out but Hixon is more dependable and versatile, he is also more disciplined in route running. Hixon just seems like one of those guys who the Giants could plug into any situation and he would find a way to make it work. I also have more trust in Hixon when it comes to being on the same page as Eli, and that alone trumps everything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                            Hixon any day. Man fights for everything. He knows how to run routes, and he has a fire that, honestly, manningham doesn't have.
                            +1
                            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by rtlax View Post
                              I have always been a big fan of Hixon. I am really happy for him that he has been able to bounce back so strongly. MM has more natural talent as a wide out but Hixon is more dependable and versatile, he is also more disciplined in route running. Hixon just seems like one of those guys who the Giants could plug into any situation and he would find a way to make it work. I also have more trust in Hixon when it comes to being on the same page as Eli, and that alone trumps everything else.
                              BINGO!

Comment

Working...
                              X