Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I've learned from this forum

After a loss-

Giants fan: I can't believe that! This is the worst team EVER! We should just cut everybody on O and D and just start over!

Guy: Did you lose?

Giants fan: No we won.

Guy: What? What's your record?

Giants fan: 5-2.

Guy: What? Why are you mad?! The patriots and packers are 4-3. The saints are 2-4.The steelers are 3-3. What's the problem?

Giants fan: Cause we don't have a perfect season and Eli isn't getting a first down on every single series and the defense isn't getting a turnover everytime the opponent has the ball. Plus Skip Bayless still exists.

Guy: ???????

After a win- basically the exact same thing as after a loss.

Come on people. We got to the super bowl with a 9-7 record. Now we have a 5-2 record so far. You'd think some of these fairweather "fans" and bandwagon "fans" would learn. Spoiled brats. We're in the makings of a dynasty and this is how people act.

I wonder if the reason why the giants don't have a bigger advantage at home is whether or not the fans are negative all the time.

This is...

somewhat accurate.
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
      This is...

somewhat accurate.
      False, He said after a loss, we are complaining we won.

People either A) Complain about our coaches(also happens when we win) B) Say Eli screwed up C) Our Defense sucks D) Say X player needs to be cut or replaced(happens when we win too) E) all of the above
      Last edited by GmenFan1980; 10-22-2012, 10:08 PM.
      "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

Comment

Originally posted by GmenFan1980 View Post
        False, He said after a loss, we are complaining we won.

People either A) Complain about our coaches(also happens when we win) B) Say Eli screwed up C) Our Defense sucks D) Say X player needs to be cut or replaced(happens when we win too) E) all of the above
        I said somewhat accurate, not entirely true..but it's not far off.
        Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Originally posted by GentleGiant View Post
          After a loss-

Giants fan: I can't believe that! This is the worst team EVER! We should just cut everybody on O and D and just start over!

Guy: What? Why are you mad?! The patriots and packers are 4-3. The saints are 2-4.The steelers are 3-3. What's the problem?

Giants fan: Cause we don't have a perfect season and Eli isn't getting a first down on every single series and the defense isn't getting a turnover everytime the opponent has the ball. Plus Skip Bayless still exists.

Come on people. We got to the super bowl with a 9-7 record. Now we have a 5-2 record so far. You'd think some of these fairweather "fans" and bandwagon "fans" would learn. Spoiled brats. We're in the makings of a dynasty and this is how people act.

I wonder if the reason why the giants don't have a bigger advantage at home is whether or not the fans are negative all the time.
          we must have different ideas of a dynasty...cause we aren't close
          "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Comment

you nailed it ... casual/fairweather fans are the worst

diehard fans just wanna win ... if we win 2-0, we win and we move to next week ... that's what this league is about ... no Super Bowls are won or lost in Week 7, so to go crazy over an INT or a 20 yard run vs. us ... is to just not understand football and to especially not understand the NFL

it's a war out there, all these teams are on a level playing field with the salary cap ... there is so much parity ... any win you get is a great win

it's just about making it to the tourney without having half your team on IR and we are on schedule to do that
            Apologize to Melo 5

Comment

Originally posted by GentleGiant View Post
              After a loss-

On Mbs, It either one extreme or the other. If you visit some other team MBs, their team can do no wrong even if their team is terrible. NY is a more critical and a pressure cooker for its teams and players.

It could be worse, we all could be saying our team is the best and Coughlin and Gilbride have rainbows shooting out of their arse, right?

From an objective point of view, there are plenty of things to be critical about the Giants due to this game. Perhaps we should all just pat ourselves on the back for a perfect offense game plan, awesome run defense 250 on the ground, amazing accuracy (two turnovers), and a clutch stop by the defense on 4th and 10.

LMAO, if you went over to the 49rs MB before the Giants curb stomped them, 99% of the fans over there thought that they were invincible. Would you really want to come on here and hear how the 2012 Giants were best team ever and don't have any flaws. I personally think that would be drone like and boring.

Comment

Originally posted by JB456 View Post
                On Mbs, It either one extreme or the other. If you visit some other team MBs, their team can do no wrong even if their team is terrible. NY is a more critical and a pressure cooker for its teams and players.

It could be worse, we all could be saying our team is the best and Coughlin and Gilbride have rainbows shooting out of their arse, right?

From an objective point of view, there are plenty of things to be critical about the Giants due to this game. Perhaps we should all just pat ourselves on the back for a perfect offense game plan, awesome run defense 250 on the ground, amazing accuracy (two turnovers), and a clutch stop by the defense on 4th and 10.

LMAO, if you went over to the 49rs MB before the Giants curb stomped them, 99% of the fans over there thought that they were invincible. Would you really want to come on here and hear how the 2012 Giants were best team ever and don't have any flaws. I personally think that would be drone like and boring.
                I dont think this is what he's saying....he is just pointing out that everyone goes to extremes on here...I tend to agree
                "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Comment

Originally posted by fansince69 View Post
                  I dont think this is what he's saying....he is just pointing out that everyone goes to extremes on here...I tend to agree
                  exactly, the extreme fans, the fairweather fans will trash every aspect of the team after a loss or now that we dont lose often it's after a win or loss

but then they'll turn around and say, we should beat Dallas by 20, if we dont beat Dallas by 20 then we didnt show up and laid an egg and then the trashing begins again

and as far as the notion that diehard fans are never critical of the team, well that is just crazy

but as a diehard fan im always looking at the larger picture ... i posted in the game day thread that Eli was off Sunday, but i was still confident he could lead us to victory and even more confident that he would play much better in the next game

the fariweather fans would be benching and cutting and firing guys so fast, we wouldnt even have a team left
                  Apologize to Melo 5

Comment

My definition of a fairweather fan is a fan that roots for one player on a team. Like those LeBron fans that are Heat fans all of a sudden. When Jordan went to the Wizards, yeah I watched but I never became a Washington fan. I think a fan that wants players benched or cut are what you call extremists. I can be an extremist at times because at the end of the day, all I want my team to do is win. You think I was tough on Eli last year, you should see how tough I am on Carlos Boozer from the Bulls. It's not that I don't like him, I just want him to play like I know he can.

Comment

It's a message board breh, people just wanna give their opinions. Yeah some people go overboard...but that's the post of the board, not everyone is gonna share the same opinion. After a loss some people want to discuss the bright side and after a win some people want to discuss things that could be fixed....but we all want the same thing @ the end of the day and thats a championship.

Comment

You have to understand these fans know more then the coaching staffs who watch practices we are not privy too. These fans can tell you exactly what a fire zone is - can describe a could coverage - can draw up a quarters defense with ease. The majority of them can guess when a shotgun draw is happening (only way giants run out of shotgun). They know every call that doesnt work was the wrong one. They can diagnose a players skill by watching 4 highlights. They can DEFINITELY call a game better then GILBRIDE or Fewell. They all know when a guy has lost HEART - its pretty transparent and every single game means everything. So one bad game and you're done - youve lost a step - you cant coach or you need to be cut. These fans know there is no tomorrow, its a one game superbowl ALWAYS.

And for the rest of us there is trust in an amazing run - handed to us by an amazing GM Coach and QB who have built an atmosphere where guys buy in or they dont stick. You just have to sift through the nonsense to find us.

Comment

Originally posted by dave56dj View Post
                          And for the rest of us there is trust in an amazing run - handed to us by an amazing GM Coach and QB who have built an atmosphere where guys buy in or they dont stick. You just have to sift through the nonsense to find us.
                          That's me now but last year b4 our run, not so much. No fan is ALWAYS positive.That's like saying you were ALL IN during our 4-12 season. Nonsense!

Comment

The giants have the 26th ranked defense, there's plenty to criticize.

Comment

This isn't a woodoworking board, where you can discuss
                              things and have at least SOME control to
                              go fix/trash/revise/give up on your project.

All you have as a fan is to talk about the team/game.
                              Even after most wins, it can be frustrating as heck
                              to be a fan of this team. You want to never talk
                              about that, just because they won?

Comment

Working...
                              X