Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And then there was one............

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • And then there was one............

    just pointing out that with the IRing of Kaeding (and their admission he'll be released when healthy) there is only Philip Rivers left on the active roster as the sole remaining piece won by the Chargers in the trade for Manning.

    Oh how things change.

    We COMPLETELY hosed them in that deal. Its almost not funny. Almost.
    sigpic

  • #2
    You do realize you just turned Rivers into the biggest red shirt in real life right?

    Poor slob.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
      just pointing out that with the IRing of Kaeding (and their admission he'll be released when healthy) there is only Philip Rivers left on the active roster as the sole remaining piece won by the Chargers in the trade for Manning.

      Oh how things change.

      We COMPLETELY hosed them in that deal. Its almost not funny. Almost.

      This team's philosophy of "build through and around the draft" started under George Young and has thrived to this day. Ernie Arcorsi should still be collecting royalties for his vision on the Eli Manning deal. A deal, by the way, I wasn't so sure was a good one at the outset.
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
        This team's philosophy of "build through and around the draft" started under George Young and has thrived to this day. Ernie Arcorsi should still be collecting royalties for his vision on the Eli Manning deal. A deal, by the way, I wasn't so sure was a good one at the outset.
        no one was.

        which is why we're all ideally suited for messageboard banter, leaving the running of a billion dollar franchise up to the more qualified people of the world.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          they did also acquire our leftover stickum
          Apologize to Melo 5

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
            no one was.

            which is why we're all ideally suited for messageboard banter, leaving the running of a billion dollar franchise up to the more qualified people of the world.

            Oh easy guys ... I was ecstatic with the Eli trade. Not because it was Eli (at the time) but because the Giants FO was doing SOMETHING more than drafting crap and signing retreads. The 90s were very hard on my love of the Giants' FO (not as bad as the 70s but still ...).
            I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
              no one was.
              Can't say no one. I knew the Giants were getting a great deal...I wasn't so sure about the deal Eli was getting. NY'ers are a tough bunch to please, but I guess that's what he wanted.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
                no one was.

                which is why we're all ideally suited for messageboard banter, leaving the running of a billion dollar franchise up to the more qualified people of the world.
                But this was the ONLY time the Giants have ever pulled off such a big trade on draft day. It ran counter to the Giants culture, I'm sure Ernie had to go WAY out on a limb to convince Wellington.

                I say this often but I sure wish Wellington could have seen what's happened since 2005. I know he had faith but this man deserved to have his faith rewarded in spades.
                8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

                "You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hosed them? No. Eli is no doubt better than Rivers now, but Rivers alone has been a god send for that franchise. Especially, if you look at his overall body of work. He's done great things there just like Eli has done great things here.
                  http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                  http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                  http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

                  Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
                    Hosed them? No. Eli is no doubt better than Rivers now, but Rivers alone has been a god send for that franchise. Especially, if you look at his overall body of work. He's done great things there just like Eli has done great things here.
                    FBomb would have been a godsend to that team
                    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by nygfanmaybe View Post
                      Can't say no one. I knew the Giants were getting a great deal...I wasn't so sure about the deal Eli was getting. NY'ers are a tough bunch to please, but I guess that's what he wanted.
                      Eli's temperament is ideally suited to this media market
                      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
                        Hosed them? No. Eli is no doubt better than Rivers now, but Rivers alone has been a god send for that franchise. Especially, if you look at his overall body of work. He's done great things there just like Eli has done great things here.
                        Yes but now alll of Rivers' accomplisments are tainted by Stickum-gate

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
                          Yes but now alll of Rivers' accomplisments are tainted by Stickum-gate
                          There always seems to be something lol
                          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
                            Hosed them? No. Eli is no doubt better than Rivers now, but Rivers alone has been a god send for that franchise. Especially, if you look at his overall body of work. He's done great things there just like Eli has done great things here.
                            a god send??? They did get rid of Brees too didnt they...
                            "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                              Eli's temperament is ideally suited to this media market
                              Excellent point. Imagine Rivers in the New York with his temperment! LMAO.

                              Also, imagine all of the women's groups on Big Ben's back and eye candy he would have to deal with in NYC. They would have found him crouched in the fetal position sucking his thumb in some NYC sorority house.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X