Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victor Cruz Focusing on Game, Not Tiny Giants' Contract

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...iants-contract

Excerpt: "Guess what? Victor Cruz isn't going away.

The New York Giants receiver leads the team and ranks third in the league with 50 receptions through seven games. He's on pace for 114 catches, 1,433 yards and 16 touchdowns in just his second season as a starter.

These numbers don't align with his puny contract. Cruz is making just $540,000 this year, and there's little talk -- beyond hints from the team -- of a new deal. He becomes a restricted free agent in 2013.

"I just kind of want to block it out," Cruz told Bob Glauber of Newsday on Monday. "I feel like if I start thinking about it, it will start consuming me, and I don't want it to get that way. I just want to block it out and focus on football, and I think I've been doing a good job of that." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

class act. hope he is rewarded and retires a giant

Comment

I wish more players in this league were like him.
      Good for you Victor, I hope you get rewarded this off season.
      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Victor will get a fitting reward. Hopefully from Jerry Reese.
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
          Victor will get a fitting reward. Hopefully from Jerry Reese.
          + 5,000,000,000,001
          sigpic
          FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

I believe JR will find a way to keep Nicks and Cruz. If it comes down to only being able to keep one of them, and Cruz continues to play as he has and maintains his durability, I think Reese may keep Cruz over Nicks. Victor's numbers through 25 games is pretty impressive and put him in some top flight company.

Comment

Well according to Redskin fans he sold his soul to the devil....hes in the illuminatti....so im seeing a REALLY big contract....maybe 10 years 500 billion dollars

Comment

Originally posted by EddieBlue View Post
                Well according to Redskin fans he sold his soul to the devil....hes in the illuminatti....so im seeing a REALLY big contract....maybe 10 years 500 billion dollars
                What was it the Redskins gave Haynesworth?

Comment

Hoping they give him a new contract during the bye week and lock him up for a few years...

Comment

Originally posted by yoeddy View Post
                    Hoping they give him a new contract during the bye week and lock him up for a few years...
                    I wouldn't be surprised if he's not working on it as we sit here

Comment

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...iants-contract
                      These numbers don't align with his puny contract. Cruz is making just $540,000 this year, and there's little talk -- beyond hints from the team -- of a new deal. He becomes a restricted free agent in 2013.
                      I wonder if Cambells pays him more?

Comment

Originally posted by NYFG View Post
                        I wonder if Cambells pays him more?
                        Endorsements tend to outpace salaries for the truly elite players. I would think Eli brings in more through his endorsements

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if he's not working on it as we sit here
                          that wouldnt suprise me at all. i hope jr has a few tricks up his sleeve we need jpp nicks and cruz to retire as GIANTS
                          sigpic
                          FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

Originally posted by ryan12 View Post
                            that wouldnt suprise me at all. i hope jr has a few tricks up his sleeve we need jpp nicks and cruz to retire as GIANTS
                            Keeping Nicks and Cruz in Eli's stable for the foreseeable future would be in the best long term interests of the team. Who to release/re-structure is going to be critical to make it happen.

Comment

We should of locked him up last offseason. Anyone who watches football knew he wasn't going to be a 1 year wonder.
                              WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Working...
                              X