Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chase Blackburn: Helping or Hurting The Giants' Defense?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chase Blackburn: Helping or Hurting The Giants' Defense?

http://www.bigblueview.com/2012/10/2...-mark-herzlich

Excerpt: "One of the most polarizing topics regarding the New York Giants these days revolves around the performance of middle linebacker Chase Blackburn.

Is Blackburn's perceived lack of athleticism and ability physically dominate the line of scrimmage killing the Giants, especially in run defense?

Does Blackburn's intelligence, knowledge of the intricacies of the Giants' defense and his ability to get both himself and kis teammates lined up properly help the Giants' defense more than any lack of physical skills might be detrimental?

How long is Blackburn going to keep the middle linebacker seat warm forMark Herzlich, anyway?

So, let's discuss Blackburn.

Traditional statistics tell us that Blackburn actually leads the Giants in tackles with 42. He has two sacks, two forced fumbles (both Sunday vs. theWashington Redskins) and an interception. So, those raw numbers are not bad.

Pro Football Focus
    , though, would have us believe that Blackburn is the weak link in the Giants' defense. He is, by far, the lowest-graded player in the PFF +/- system, with a score of -14.7 for season, including what looks like an awful -11.2 score vs. the run." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Ohhhh goodie ... it's been FOREVER since we've discussed CB
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

This should be good. Lol.

Comment

So he doesn't make it to Canton as a MLB. Its the Coaches decision on who gets to play. If Herzlich was ready, they would start him.
        Blackburn is the type of guy you want on your team and every team has one like him.
        He hasn't lost us a game yet.

My two cents.

Comment

Keeps life interesting. Guess on Pages?
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
            Keeps life interesting. Guess on Pages?
            15+

Comment

Blackburn is not a good starting NFL MLB as a whole, but he is a very likeable, hard-working guy who, in spite of his shortcomings, is able to make plays here and there.

Comment

Originally posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
                Blackburn is not a good starting NFL MLB as a whole, but he is a very likeable, hard-working guy who, in spite of his shortcomings, is able to make plays here and there.
                That's a fair assessment

Comment

Originally posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
                  Agreed! Is there someone out there that's better? Totally! Is there someone out there on our team thats better? Apparently not..

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                    Ohhhh goodie ... it's been FOREVER since we've discussed CB
                    lmao

Comment

Chase reminds me of AP, but a just hair faster.

Comment

Hey Slip this one is for you....lol

So, don't kid yourself. The Giants understand what they have -- and don't have -- with Blackburn quarterbacking the defense.
                        Right now, they obviously believe all of the intangible things outweigh any physical limitations.
                        Considering how much success they have enjoyed since Blackburn got up off his couch and put on the No. 93 jersey that is hard to argue with.
                        "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

As lacking as Chase is in the talent dept, he is our best option at the position.

Comment

there is a huge fatal flaw in all of this.......The Dline's job is to keep the MLBer clean and allow him a lane to get to the RB.......the Giants DLine is not keeping Blackburn clean.......any MLBer put in that situation will fail

The real problem is at DT.....these guys are way below par in run stopping and collecting blockers........until that is fixed Butkus would be getting blocked on every run.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                              Chase reminds me of AP, but a just hair faster.
                              ouch...
                              "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Working...
                              X