Cruz Hoping For Long-Term Deal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruz Hoping For Long-Term Deal

@art_stapleton: Cruz tells @WFAN660 - as if there were any doubt & there isn't - says he wants to retire a Giant. "Knock it out, put it behind us" #NYG
    Mood: WOOF!

nicks/cruz/bennett/bradshaw will retire giants-my bold prediction

Comment

If we keep Nicks, Cruz and Bennett for the remainder of their careers this team will be champs at least two more times. Being Wilson pans out to be the running back we all expect.

Comment

Cruz is a smart guy. Aside from knowing how to play, he knows how to market himself. That Salsa Dance is a virtual trademark. NYC loves him and there is no better place to be loved than NYC. The lifetimes worth of endorsements and the love this city will shower him with is unparalleled anywhere in the world.

Ask guys like LT, Namath, and Strahan just to name a few. I could list a lot more if I included baseball guys.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
          nicks/cruz/bennett/bradshaw will retire giants-my bold prediction
          Nicks, Cruz, JPP, Joseph.....IMO.

Comment

Oh dear heavens....talking retirement already? Come On Man! I'm sure S Smith was in the same situation in his 2nd year. This is a year by year league for WR.
            sigpic

Comment

These statements are so cliche. If we don't sign him and he instead signs with the xyz's, then he will want to retire an xyz.

Can you imagine a guy being on one team and saying he wants to retire on some other team?

Comment

I have a question and IDK where to ask it so Ill just try here. Ill delete my question after I get some responses. How come this forum only goes back 4 pages? Can you see things from a few days ago? Is there an archive or anything on here? Or is it just gone after a day or so?

Comment

CRUZ

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                  @art_stapleton: Cruz tells @WFAN660 - as if there were any doubt & there isn't - says he wants to retire a Giant. "Knock it out, put it behind us" #NYG
                  I just hope the Giants don't mess with him and pay him what he deserves as a premier receiver in the NFL.I could not bear the sight of him in a different uniform.

Comment

Originally posted by gianta View Post
                    I just hope the Giants don't mess with him and pay him what he deserves as a premier receiver in the NFL.I could not bear the sight of him in a different uniform.
                    yeah it would really suck to hear a another team shout cruuuuuuz

Comment

I say NY Giants will sign him. I'm sure they have a rep dealing with Cruz's agent while the season moves on. I hardly think they'll waste an opportunity. that's not like us. I have faith in Reese.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                        I have a question and IDK where to ask it so Ill just try here. Ill delete my question after I get some responses. How come this forum only goes back 4 pages? Can you see things from a few days ago? Is there an archive or anything on here? Or is it just gone after a day or so?
                        There's an option in your account to show older threads...

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                          Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                            Eli will come to bat for this guy. Nick is all round better talent, but Cruz is a game breaker. He will definitely retire a Giant.
                            Lets go, Giants!

Comment

Cruz Hoping For Long-Term Deal

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/gia...term-deal-soon

Excerpt: "
                              Victor Cruz wants to spend his entire career with the New York Giants, and he hopes the team helps him make that happen soon.

Though Cruz is still almost a year-and-a-half away from being an unrestricted free agent, he again expressed hope on Tuesday that he and the Giants will agree on a long-term contract long before he hits the open market in March, 2014. In fact, in his weekly WFAN appearance, he said he hopes it happens much sooner than that.

Like maybe sometime in the next few weeks.

“We would like to get it done before the season's (over)," Cruz said. “We don’t want to drag it along and (have it) become something that blocks the team in the offseason, and something that’s in the media every day. We don’t want it to get like that. We want to just knock it out halfway through the season, or during the season at the very least, and put it behind.”

Whether they can depends, as always, on the price. Cruz is making $540,000 this season. And considering he set a franchise record with 1,536 receiving yards last season and this year he’s third in the NFL in catches (50), fourth in yards (627) and first in receiving touchdowns (seven) it’s a good bet he’ll get the “first-round” tender when he becomes a restricted free agent in March. That tender was worth $2.7 million this year." Read more...
                              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Working...
                              X