Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, what's changed since Week 1 against the Cowboys?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, what's changed since Week 1 against the Cowboys?

Pros:

Will Beatty at LT, Sean Locklear at RT have only given up 1 sack this season. Demarcus Ware won't have David Diehl to pick on
    Prince Amukamara didn't play, and easily has been the Giants best corner, Jayron Hosley played a very limited role from his turf toe injury
    Chris Canty back in the middle at DT should be ready for a full rep
    Keith Rivers who was huge in shutting down DeMarco Murray in the first half and got injured, is healthy

Cons:

Secondary is still a weak link on defense, Corey Webster is still a liability..
    Kenny Phillips is still a long shot to play, though Stevie Brown has played well in his absence.

---
    IMO, the Cowboys were able to take advantage of our weak offensive line and secondary in week 1.. It won't be as easy for them on Sunday. Giants are just about at as healthy as they've been all season, and with Hakeem Nicks expected to get another full week of practice I think he'll have a good game..

Giants should win this one.. they seem as motivated as they were against San Fransisco

Originally posted by drewz View Post
    Pros:

Will Beatty at LT, Sean Locklear at RT have only given up 1 sack this season. Demarcus Ware won't have David Diehl to pick on
    Prince Amukamara didn't play, and easily has been the Giants best corner, Jayron Hosley played a very limited role from his turf toe injury
    Chris Canty back in the middle at DT should be ready for a full rep
    Keith Rivers who was huge in shutting down DeMarco Murray in the first half and got injured, is healthy

Cons:

Secondary is still a weak link on defense, Corey Webster is still a liability..
    Kenny Phillips is still a long shot to play, though Stevie Brown has played well in his absence.

---
    IMO, the Cowboys were able to take advantage of our weak offensive line and secondary in week 1.. It won't be as easy for them on Sunday. Giants are just about at as healthy as they've been all season, and with Hakeem Nicks expected to get another full week of practice I think he'll have a good game..

Giants should win this one.. they seem as motivated as they were against San Fransisco
    I think you covered everything except one little thing. They're playing in MetLife South. Eli feels very comfortable there.

Comment

Originally posted by giantfan1976 View Post
      I think you covered everything except one little thing. They're playing in MetLife South. Eli feels very comfortable there.
      Aka, Eli Stadium.
      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

I think d-line is the weak link. Secondary has one side pretty much shut down in Prince and Stevie Brown who has played well enough to take KP's job, secondary was way worst with KP not living up to what he should of been. Webster is lacking but he is playing hurt and known for picking it up as the season goes on.

The biggest change is we have dominated a contender in the 9ers and compared to rg3 , romo will look slow and pathetic. There will be no SB hang over and Giants should have won that game anyway. Plus the importance of getting swept will be on their minds and Wilson should have a great game vs that crappy special teams. just a few changes but there's more. Giants should wipe the floor with these clowns on sunday and put them in a hole.

Comment

for starters Sean Lee is out for the season which is a big loss for the Cowboys.

Despite the Giants issues, they were still a 3rd down stop away from getting the ball back and giving Eli a shot to tie the game for them....Giants had the momentum until Tryon came in the game and Romo threw for big gains against him.

I like our chances.

Comment

week 1, they won the battle of the trenches which is sad bc they had a depleted interior line and no jay ratliff on the DL. our guys didnt show up on both the DL and OL. dont forget that the DL got zero pressures iirc...

that week 1 team is about as different a team from where we're at now. since Lockler came in at RT and Beatty at LT, its like the rest of the OL didnt have to carry DD's weight, and have played well in both the run and pass.
            and the DL showed up vs SF. it took a while to get their intensity up. sometimes we as fans overlook that but its a huge factor esp on the DL. last yr in the playoffs, the DL played like they were on fire dying and the QB was a bucket of water, that didnt show up til SF and it seems like it reminded them the level they need to be at gameday.

also, dont forget cruz had THREE drive ending drops. and the wilson fumble in their territory...all that said, plus dallas playing about as well as they can, and we still were a 3rd down conersion away on D from giving eli the ball to tie...not sweating it at all honestly. we'll win by a few scores

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty 1ne View Post
              for starters Sean Lee is out for the season which is a big loss for the Cowboys.

Despite the Giants issues, they were still a 3rd down stop away from getting the ball back and giving Eli a shot to tie the game for them....Giants had the momentum until Tryon came in the game and Romo threw for big gains against him.

I like our chances.
              You're right, they'll also be without their starting center.. there is absolutely no reason why the Giants dline shouldn't be able to get any pressure on Romo, they've been playing much better as of late.
              Last edited by drewz; 10-23-2012, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Cruz dropped the ball, in big situations. This time, he won't. Dallas loses Murray, Lee and Costas. We got back Nicks, Prince and Canty.Jerry Jones opened his mouth. The Giants heard.
                Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

Comment

I hope we beat them like a drum.....21-0 at end of first period
                  Football has been very, very good to us.
                  After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                  But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                  2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                  3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                  4-New York Giants!!!
                  5-NE
                  Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

A much improved OLine and DLine. And a much improved running game.

Comment

Regular refs won't lets our receiver get mugged.

Comment

Dallas losing a few players and the Giants getting quite a few back will help... but in my opinion the Giants didn't lose that game because of a talent gap. In the first game it was about execution and game plan. The coaching staff will have a better plan for this game, and the players will not come out flat against the same team twice.

I don't expect this to be an easy game, no NFCE games are, but I do think we see a much more intense and physical Giants team this time.
                        My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Comment

Originally posted by Mohann View Post
                          Regular refs won't lets our receiver get mugged.
                          to me that won't make difference because their receivers will get the same refs
                          "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Comment

Originally posted by fansince69 View Post
                            true that was a huge prob in first game. Didn't even think of that. Thanks for reminding us
                            Football has been very, very good to us.
                            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                            But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                            2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                            3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                            4-New York Giants!!!
                            5-NE
                            Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by fansince69 View Post
                              Our receivers are much better than theirs

Comment

Working...
                              X