STEVIE BROWN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STEVIE BROWN

This kid has been playing under the radar 5th in tackles on the team 3 ints one Fumble recover.Only started 3 of the 7 games.

3 bad teams released him
    Oakland Panthers and Ind go figure and Reese picks him up.
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

But how many big plays have we given up without KP back there as our last line of defense? He may be better than we anticipated in KP's abscense, but once KP is healthy again Brown will return to his proper place on the depth chart.

Comment

I can see Stevie Brown rotating in the 3rd safety when KP and Will Hill come back

Comment

Brown looks good. I thought Hill looked even better. I love this years Reese's pieces.

Comment

He's been playing pretty good, but like G4L said..we should see a lot of the big plays by offenses disappear once we get KP back.

Comment

I think KP is seriously overrated on this message board. Brown has done an exceptional job replacing KP. Phillips is good for a big hit or two but Browns coverage skills in my eyes are just as good.

Comment

good job on making this thread, i was gonna make a shout out thread as well. brown has been playing very well, the ball just seems to find him. his first game or two he had some issues in pass coverage (despite making an int or 2). but vs wash i thought he played very sound football. he seems to be getting better and better....its a good problem to have when u got 3 safeties who can all make plays...i gotta be honest i think besides a game or 2 from rolle, brown has played better. but that could be bc alotta things like pf easing up on the responsibilties he asks of brown etc

Comment

didnt brown also play for the redskins? coulda swore he did...i thought that mighta been a reason he was playing like a bat outta hell

Comment

Originally posted by VBGiantsFan View Post
                  I think KP is seriously overrated on this message board. Brown has done an exceptional job replacing KP. Phillips is good for a big hit or two but Browns coverage skills in my eyes are just as good.
                  This is a joke right?

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingTruck View Post
                    This is a joke right?
                    Not at all. KP is very good, but hes just not a game changing player. I remember when we drafted him people called him a mix of Ed Reed and Sean Taylor. He has not lived up to that though people on this board will have you believe hes a perrenial hall of famer.

He is the equvalent of Shaun Williams. He is very good but he is not a game changer.

Comment

Originally posted by VBGiantsFan View Post
                      Not at all. KP is very good, but hes just not a game changing player. I remember when we drafted him people called him a mix of Ed Reed and Sean Taylor. He has not lived up to that though people on this board will have you believe hes a perrenial hall of famer.

He is the equvalent of Shaun Williams. He is very good but he is not a game changer.
                      he didnt allow a td pass on him all last yr, and PFF had him graded as the best safety for most of the season (which accounts for everything outside of and including ints) and i know he finished top 3...he is asked to mask some of our problems by playing a deep CF role and cover sideline to sideline and he does it awesome. he quietly has like 4 ints a season, he just hasnt had those big td returns that troy p and ed reed have made

Comment

Originally posted by drewz View Post
                        I can see Stevie Brown rotating in the 3rd safety when KP and Will Hill come back
                        Will be interesting to see what they do with Hill vs Sash, Hill has better coverage skills! someone must go....

Comment

Kp gets a lot of credit for taking away a lot of deep balls and covering a lot of territory in centerfield - and yet last years teams gave up a high percentage of passing plays over 20 yards. I do like the rating system at PFF and they usually have kenny pretty high on their list of safeties. That all said KP has never had more then 4 picks in an entire year. Brown already has 3 - albeit in a small sample size. He has also let some balls over his head - no doubt. Coughlin rarely lets a player supplant an injured vet - but occasionally someone slips in or busts the door down like Victor. That said I think KP gets his job back but if brown gets another pick against dallas you gotta start to consider a switch. As for now - dont think its happening. By the way the gmen are not playing much 3 safety shell at all this year so i would not expect that - unless fewell just wants brown on the field more. Hill has been the slot when healthy but i think its still hosley's job - although hill is the superior blitzer.

Comment

So who's the one to go when Will Hill comes back?
                            "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

There is no way he is better than KP. Honestly I like what I saw from Hill better than Brown.

Comment

Working...
                              X